Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #1

Always looking

Seems I am always looking at different coaches, 5th wheel trailers to see if there is something better. There are many nice units out there but we can not find anything that is nice as my 07 newmar canyon star Plus the newer cost seem to be more than we want to spend. Fun to look through. But we come home and the old coach looks pretty nice and comfy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I do the same thing. I've got several searches saved on Ebay that I usually look at daily.

I own a 2002 Monaco Windsor, still a nice coach and with the full body paint is comparable to new styles of coaches. It has pretty much all the bells and whistles, probably more then some of the lower end coaches now built. We only have 2 slides, wish we had 4 but for the $$$ it would cost to upgrade I just can't see spending the money. Our coach is paid for and wouldn't even consider going into debt to upgrade.

So I guess I'll keep window shopping from a distance, unless I win the Lotto

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartCaw View Post
Seems I am always looking at different coaches, 5th wheel trailers to see if there is something better. There are many nice units out there but we can not find anything that is nice as my 07 newmar canyon star Plus the newer cost seem to be more than we want to spend. Fun to look through. But we come home and the old coach looks pretty nice and comfy

We feel the same way! We love our floor plan, air leveling, full-body paint, three slides, etc. Plus we've done many mods to make the MH more comfortable and safe! Very happy with what we've got!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #4

We went from tent camping to a Coleman Tacoma pop up to our current Trilogy 3850D fiver - we loved the first two, but we have "arrived" with the Trilogy!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
My DW wonders why I still like to look even after buying the rig we have!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I looked the day we picked up our Bounder & I've been looking ever since. Doesn't cost anything to look.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also look often even though we bought our first MH around a year ago. I just like Mh's, seeing the floor plans, colors, and how many miles they have on them.

Quite a few have low miles and some are really high. I find the costs vary greatly too. I just find it interesting so I'll keep looking.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:06 AM   #8
IC2

I always look and hope there is one better then what we have. I have found there for sure is but is it THAT much better and --- OMG --- 'worth' that many more $$$, especially with how ours has been upgraded with waaaaay better furniture, bedding and other critter comforts. Plus our pups like our current 5er too.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I looked the day we picked up our Bounder & I've been looking ever since. Doesn't cost anything to look.
Lori-

Lori,

Ahh, yeah, about that . . . . the problem is that looking often leads to getting out the checkbook . . . . there must be a "coaches anonymous" out there somewhere, right?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
We are happy and content (happy camper ) with the choice we made. It fits our style of travel and our needs. Being content I see no reason to keep looking until our needs change.
Shopping and looking cuts into my fishing time.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:21 AM   #11

We have an 02 Allegro Bus 40DP. Like others, we have made numerous upgrades and really like the floor plan. We also think about more than 2 slides, but front slides would eat into the huge area we have under our awning, plus the awning would be a sky awning to clear the slides. Still looking all of the time. I just make sure the check book stays at home when we go to look.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:36 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Always looking

I have the constantly looking problem and made it worse 2 years ago by starting to work at a dealership.

I tell my wife I have to "work late" a lot.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:41 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi, my name is Tom and I look at coaches.
I too search the classifieds for coaches and like to look at RV shows too. I look for new ideas (my story and I'm stickin too it) for our needs/wants. There are so many variations out there, as well as, creative people...how can you not look!
We are happy with our coach and don't want to have to lay down another lump of cash, so we've got a keeper.....................for now.
TnT612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Hi, my name is Wayne and I must confess that I am a compulsive looker also. Daily. I am curious and intrigued by these big machines.

In 2010 I was taking my wife out to dinner at a nice restaurant in a town that we were there only to visit an elderly relative. Yep, across the street was an RV dealership that appeared to be closed, so of course I had to cruise the lot before eating. Compulsive looker. Two hours later we had finished trading in our existing MH on a new MH and went across the street and ate and tried to figure out what had just happened.

Turns out that the dealer had a new MH on the lot that was the exact floorplan that I had been looking at since buying our previous MH. The wife liked everything about it-done deal.

After buying our current MH I swore off of buying another one, going cold turkey. So I have been clean now for five years. I realize that I will always be a looker so I make it through one day at a time not buying another MH. I have been tempted many times but I have managed to stay calm and let the temptation pass.

That's my story and I hope it helps other lookers to have the strength to resist the temptation and just remain a looker!