Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Amazingly Stupid Things Drivers Do

We're on I95N near Fredericksburg. DH just noticed driver with iPad propped on steering wheel. Traffic is going at speed and he passed us.

What's your latest sighting?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I saw a brain surgeon reading a paperback novel while driving in 5 oclock traffic in atlanta. (well maybe she was not a brain surgeon)
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
This happened awhile ago but I saw a woman curling her eyelashes in rush hour traffic.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
This happened awhile ago but I saw a woman curling her eyelashes in rush hour traffic.
She was in west suburban chicago last wednesday...
driving her children to school!
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #5

Saw this, UR2 SLO license plate # in Chicago in 1998 driven by a young girl, about 2005 saw a fatal accident report on Chicago tv and it showed that lic. # . The girl had crossed the median and hit a truck head on killing her.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Years ago when I worked in Greensboro, NC and lived 18 miles away in High Point, NC I traveled I 85, five and six day a week going both way to and from work at about six thirty in the morning. I got use to seeing the same cars on the road because a lot of people commuted just like me. There was the one guy in a Buick, with the car on cruise, that rode along with a news paper on the steering wheel and a cup of coffee in one hand. He was locked in on his cruise at about five mph slower than the traffic. He read the paper every morning and drank his coffee while driving to work. He did this every morning for years as I remember. Read, Ride, Sip........
I usually passed him at Groomtown road about every day on my commute. I never saw him in the evening......

Lets all remember our vets on Memorial Day.......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:02 AM   #7

I see a fair amount of LEOs driving fast and talking on a cell phone held to his/her ear. It's very tempting to somehow remind them it's illegal to drive that fast without flashers and also illegal to talk on the cell phone while driving...but I'd have to speed to catch them.

They must go through a driving course specializing in that sort of thing.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The girl on the cell phone who rear ended me - still recuperating after 7 months because of her disregard for others safety.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we lived in MA in 1989 at stoped city traffic I looked in rear view and saw that the driver was reading the newspaper. I pull off to the right on someone's lawn as the car hit the car in front of me.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
We have also seen drivers do it all-cell phones, talking and texting-Make-up-brushing and combing hair-but the best was the changing her top at 65 mph, she was pulling it over her head. It is really amazing how many people change clothes as they drive.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
a couple years back while in tx on a car cruise a young girl on the cell drifted in to our lane hit our rear and caused us to spin then tboned us twice no one hurt however car we were in was anear total a 1962 studebaker gt hawk 38000 mile original surviver still a surviver but not an original
brianj
Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Had a friend who used to apply her make-up on the way to work and somehow managed to change from business attire to shorts, t-shirt, socks and sneakers on her 30 miles commute home . She wondered why I wouldn't ride with her.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
riders too. on the loop around houston in the late '70s. a guy on a harley, 70 mph, feet up on the cruising pegs, laying back on the seat with his hands behind his head. all i could think was "just one little rock under that front tire...".
Old 05-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
I retired from driving an 18 wheeler. If there is a possible chance at doing anything while driving, people will attempt it! Yes, even S-X! Many thrive at being sure others see it being done! Salesmen, tallying up the days orders may be the best it doing while drinking coffee and smoking at the same time!