Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Aguanga, CA, USA
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I don't believe that someone should be paid to "not work."

After a hurricane in one of the states, there was a news broadcast where they were doing some interviews. A lady was asked how she was coping with finances. She said she was doing alright as she was on welfare. She was asked if she had tried getting a job. She replied, "I tried working once, I didn't like it so I went back on welfare."

It's sad, isn't it.

I have no idea where we(us/I) stand. I'm not on welfare, but I'm not at the rich top either. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle, and I'm retired. Love it.
Whether or not there are lazy people (and there always will be) is ultimately kind of pointless to worry about.

Have you ever considered what Economists call "Full Employment"? No, it's not 0% unemployment but rather about 5%. And it's easy to understand why - in order to have economic growth, businesses must have an available pool or workers, i.e., the unemployed. Otherwise we'd be in a situation of labor shortage, and just as a gasoline shortage means gas prices go through the roof, so would a labor shortage raise wages until it slowed the economy (and created more unemployment).

In other words, the free enterprise system which serves us so well has the side effect of requiring about %5 unemployment, and that wouldn't be changed no matter how good and deserving those unemployed workers might be. Since there are over 100 million in the American labor force, that means that over 5 million Americans need to be unemployed or our economy catches a cold!

Those of us who are well off, as well as everyone else, actually benefits from the existence of these unemployed (kind of makes one's brain twitch, doesn't it?).

Shouldn't "enlightened self-interest" lead us to create a "place" for this economically essential group. Maybe a program of job training, etc., so they'd be both available and ready when some business needs them.
__________________

__________________
jspande is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,721
Does anyone understand what "Wealth Distribution" is...., or how it is done? I am thinking that these folks on the Forbes list are not going to re-distribute anything to no one!
__________________

__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is online now  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
wardy's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winter Park, Fl
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspande View Post
Whether or not there are lazy people (and there always will be) is ultimately kind of pointless to worry about.

Have you ever considered what Economists call "Full Employment"? No, it's not 0% unemployment but rather about 5%. And it's easy to understand why - in order to have economic growth, businesses must have an available pool or workers, i.e., the unemployed. Otherwise we'd be in a situation of labor shortage, and just as a gasoline shortage means gas prices go through the roof, so would a labor shortage raise wages until it slowed the economy (and created more unemployment).

In other words, the free enterprise system which serves us so well has the side effect of requiring about %5 unemployment, and that wouldn't be changed no matter how good and deserving those unemployed workers might be. Since there are over 100 million in the American labor force, that means that over 5 million Americans need to be unemployed or our economy catches a cold!

Those of us who are well off, as well as everyone else, actually benefits from the existence of these unemployed (kind of makes one's brain twitch, doesn't it?).

Shouldn't "enlightened self-interest" lead us to create a "place" for this economically essential group. Maybe a program of job training, etc., so they'd be both available and ready when some business needs them.
Shows how we all see things though our own colored lenses. I worked as a union laborer while between school, great job for those lucky enough to get one. Many of the laborers just wanted to work long enough to collect unemployment before wanting to be laid off. The 5% number is not here to serve capitalism, capitalism serves many of them.
__________________
2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP, 400 ISL now 2017 LTV Serenity on a 2016 Sprinter chassis
wardy is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
wardy's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winter Park, Fl
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Does anyone understand what "Wealth Distribution" is...., or how it is done? I am thinking that these folks on the Forbes list are not going to re-distribute anything to no one!
What about the Ford Foundation or the Koch Bros support of Nova or Flagler building the bridge (rail) to the Florida Keys and then Hughes etc. There is some exception but for the most part these people produce and spend on cutting edge technologies.
__________________
2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP, 400 ISL now 2017 LTV Serenity on a 2016 Sprinter chassis
wardy is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Francesca's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hadlock, Washington
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Does anyone understand what "Wealth Distribution" is...., or how it is done? I am thinking that these folks on the Forbes list are not going to re-distribute anything to no one!
They're not?

Then what's the point of this thread?
__________________
Francesca is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
dlovitt's Avatar


 
Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan View Post
Best part about the US is that anyone can better their situation.

Sad part is too many just decide to complain about their situation.
X2!
__________________
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4369, Spartan K2 Chassis,
Cummins ISL 450HP, Allison 3000

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
They're not?

Then what's the point of this thread?
I see, I work for a Billionaire, so he is distributing his wealth to me by employing me, I understand now, but....... the movie clip in post #1 I thought was trying to tell us that it is not working to well
__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is online now  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northwestern Montana
Posts: 3,138
Ya know, I was unemployed many,many times back in my working days, but I am really, really proud to say I was never ever on welfare. Being on welfare might be considered an entitlement to some, but to me its shameful. JMHO
__________________
Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Francesca's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hadlock, Washington
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I see, I work for a Billionaire, so he is distributing his wealth to me by employing me, I understand now, but....... the movie clip in post #1 I thought was trying to tell us that it is not working to well
You've got me all wrong-
I thought this thread was about figuring out some way to take all that Billionaire's money away from him and divvy it up among us, most of it going to me, of course.

Got any ideas?
__________________
Francesca is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Superslif's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NE. Ohio USA
Posts: 4,701
Remember the ultra rich got that way on our backs and with lawyers who find "loop-holes" to keep all of it.....
__________________
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2018 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 24 RKS
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
UFO Pilot's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 4,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Remember the ultra rich got that way on our backs and with lawyers who find "loop-holes" to keep all of it.....
????????????
__________________
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
99-Am.Star's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
So what??
My feelings exactly
__________________
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
wardy's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winter Park, Fl
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Remember the ultra rich got that way on our backs and with lawyers who find "loop-holes" to keep all of it.....
Help us understand, what was taken from you?
__________________
2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP, 400 ISL now 2017 LTV Serenity on a 2016 Sprinter chassis
wardy is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
eightydid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Las Vegas,NV
Posts: 1,202
If iI wanted to here Rightwing & Leftwing radicals I will watch Fox news or CNN.
__________________

__________________
eightydid is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.