Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #85

Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Can I have it?
All yours. To big for me to crumple and toss

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #86
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve, you have to pay for it. Send me a check. I will not be in the low income bracket then.

Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Steve, you have to pay for it. Send me a check. I will not be in the low income bracket then.
CampDaven can deduct the sale, I'll deduct the payment and you can pay tax on the income.
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #88
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Do you think wealthy people hide their money under a mattress or bury it in their backyard?
I know one guy who does. And he is the best tax evader I've met.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #89
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

No, but they can work in some capacity for their meals. And you know this how? Picking up trash, administrative work keeping track of those picking up trash, and on, and on.
You are not accounting for the mentally and physically disabled. Stereotyping.

There should not be a free lunch when there is SOMETHING that can be done in the form of work. Even for incarcerated criminals who have forfeited their rights? They are well fed in jail. Shall we put the welfare recipients in jail?

They could be homeless (heaven forbid and bless those that are) and still work in some capacity for their meals, even if serving meals in a community center for those who work on the outside of the community center. The possibilities for employment for a meal is endless. The biggest problem is; those who want it all free.

For those who have never been homeless, they may never truly understand the barriers to finding a job when you have no means of transportation, no means for food, no means for communication, and no means to keep themselves clean. Not to mention the means to improve their mental and physical health.
Oops! I'm ranting again.
What do y'all think of this (university educated) fellow who gave up his job in order to find his own joy and true happiness?

CNN: Feeding the hungry, nourishing the soul - YouTube

No, the poor should not be left to starve to death by those who could help.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #90
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Agree with cat320. Now that's what's fair. If you want it bend your back and earn it.
And if you want it, but you cannot bend your back (or use your brain) to earn it, then just remain poor, go hungry and die?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #91
Originally Posted by wardy View Post
Yes we do, the harder & smarter we work the luckier we get.
"If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire." George Monbiot
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #92
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I give up. Done with this one.
Make room for one more, My whine glass overflows.....
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Old 03-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #93

Okay one last one.

So there!

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #94
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
"If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire." George Monbiot
Sheesh, so if you don't agree just overtake the thread with many posts and then change the country (make that continent) to Africa... really.
2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP, 400 ISL
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #95
I stole this from my favorite site, but I'm sure he copied it as well...

An oversimplification, but also a classic…
Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
So, that’s what they decided to do.
The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80 total.
The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men – the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his ‘fair share?’ They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.
And so:
The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 ( 25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 ( 22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).
Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
“I only got a dollar out of the $20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”
“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more than I!“
“That’s true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!“
“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!“
The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.
The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!
And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.
For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #96

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
You of course are correct. The other evening on the CTV news there was an item about a company who was disposing of containers that were no longer suitable for shipping, they remodeled them into emergency shelters for the homeless to keep these poor unfortunates out of the rain and cold.

Strange thing happened over the next few days, even thought the homeless thought the shelters way better than freezing to death the activists started complaining the remodelers were exploiting the homeless.

You can't win for losing it seems.

B.C. city tries shipping container as homeless shelter | CTV British Columbia News
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #97
Those that are physically able to work should work, OR GO HUNGRY.
Having had a family member incarcerated, they work for 12 cents/hr, slave labor, oh with no heat in the winter, and no healthcare to speak of.
The family unit that used to exist and function quite well in taking care of people during times of struggle has been replaced "by design" by the government. I say piss on the government, our family will take care of each other instead.
Thank God that there are rich people, or we'd all be poor! I will not covet what my neighbor has, and I will not be party to "stealing" it from him.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #98
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Remember the ultra rich got that way on our backs and with lawyers who find "loop-holes" to keep all of it.....
No one ever took anything from me, except the government. When I worked for a company we had a contract. They offered a wage and working conditions and if I agreed I worked for them. If not I walked on down the road to another company. In 45 years of working I was fired 1 time and drew unemployment for 6 months because I did not want a job. I quit school in the ninth grade and enlisted in the USAF. I was flat broke at age 40 and retired at 62 in the top 10% of wealty people in this country. No one ever gave me anything except a chance and I never took anything I did not earn.
Am I exceptional, of course not. Many have done the same with less, my brother and sister are two. Do I blame anyone for my failures, of which there were many. Absolutly not.
If anyone got on your back it is because let them and have used that as a crutch for your failures ever since.

Closed Thread