Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #29

I know as far as I'm concerned, as soon as a thread turns nasty, I stop reading that thread and go onto something else.

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
The "Edit" option when you first post a reply on this site is a most useful feature. I use it often, to clarify a point in my post or to soften things up a bit after I realize I may have stepped over a line.
It also gives me a chance to correct my grammar and syntax when needed.
True, but be aware that many folks are set up to receive email notifications when a thread they've subscribed to has a new post. That email usually goes out pretty quickly after submitting a post so, even though we can edit what is seen on the forum... the original, unedited post will probably be sent out via email before you ever have a chance to edit. That toothpaste just ain't going back in to the tube.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #31
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have found myself canceling a large # of posts for the toothpaste back in the tube explanation that Ricko just mentioned. I then re - type and re compose the post after giving some more time to think of what I am posting.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thought the email notification took 5-10 mins? I turned it off, so dont know..

Anybody?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another thing to remember this year is it's an Election year (NO FOLKS THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST) and thus tempers are often running short cause Well, You see I support this candidate and the guy I was just chatting with supports THAT candidate (Please note the lack of names, or even offices) and I'm still ticked off over that when I read....

By the way that does not apply to this post.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
True, but be aware that many folks are set up to receive email notifications when a thread they've subscribed to has a new post. That email usually goes out pretty quickly after submitting a post so, even though we can edit what is seen on the forum... the original, unedited post will probably be sent out via email before you ever have a chance to edit. That toothpaste just ain't going back in to the tube.

Rick
I did not know that Rick, although I subscribe to several threads. It seems to me it might be useful to have a delay after a reply is posted, say 15 minutes or so? And then have the last edit be the one sent? Does the forum software allow for such a configuration?
Of course, if we all used our noggins and kept our cool the first time, it wouldn't be problem........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #35

Once I got into a "discussion" with someone in another forum about my job and the company I work for and the discussion started to turn sour. I just stopped commenting and he kept on persisting I stand up for myself. So I went in and edited all of my post by erasing everything I had said. Boy oh boy he got mad. So mad he was banned from the forum for ever, or so I thought. He came back as another name and tried to start the rant all over again and got banned again.

Oh well, some people are just bad apples I guess.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Once I got into a "discussion" with someone in another forum about my job and the company I work for and the discussion started to turn sour. I just stopped commenting and he kept on persisting I stand up for myself. So I went in and edited all of my post by erasing everything I had said. Boy oh boy he got mad. So mad he was banned from the forum for ever, or so I thought. He came back as another name and tried to start the rant all over again and got banned again.

Oh well, some people are just bad apples I guess.
Had the same thing happen to me: this jerk then started to send me personal messages} I stopped that by blocking his email.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Job security for us moderators.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
I always read my answers to different threads over and and sometimes re word them or just not post them. I try to answer the question asked. That would be my opinion and I realize that there are other opinions there as well. It is all these different opinions that I have gained some really good and helpful solutions from. It does bother me to see some people give bad info to someone asking a question about being safe or lawful. I have been drawn into a couple heated discussions and regretted my part in it afterward. I too think the Mods on here do a great job in keeping this a nice forum to be part of.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Blessed are the peacemakers....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Blessed are the peacemakers....
You know, those 4 simple words sure pack a lot of thought and meaning. I remember Mom used to say these words all the time (I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers and I guess we were always sparing with each other) Thanks for memory.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
sometimes when someone trys to add a little humor on the subject it is recieved by some as sarcasm ,i see alot of post where the responder needs to lighten up ,but i personaly read these posts for ,info,entertainment and some times a little venting but never take it without a grain of salt. even tequila taste better that way
i always enjoy this site

brianj
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
It is almost as easy as the old "do unto others". I try to convey my message nicely but it doesn't always sound right so after reading what is about to be posted I sometimes give up and erase the whole thing.

It is not always easy if you read information that you know is not correct to debunk it without offending the poster but sometimes necessary. Try to be gentle and provide a source i.e. a link to back up your correction.

Also if it is your personal experience, say so. Just because your whatever it is did whatever it did does not mean everyone's or anyone else will have that problem.

I moderate at a not RV related forum but the hot topic posts were the same. Politics number one. Guns another. It got so bad at one point we had to do away with the general discussion, not related to the forum area. It was sad to see it go so let's hope that never happens here.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote