Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #1

Anti-Complaint

This is a post is to issue a Atta-Boy to Merrell, a manufacturer of hiking boots we use. I have a pair of hiking shoes/boots that I use when we decide to take hikes to see this wonderful country side. I have owned them for close to 1 1/2 years and we have logged around 150 miles on them in that time.

The hiking shoes Merrell Moab Gore-Tex waterproof and I just love them, until one day I noticed the sole and the upper part of the left hiker was starting to part company. I emailed Merrell and explained my dilemma, and they immediately send me a return email saying if I would return them to Merrell, they would inspect the hikers and if it was determined they were defective they would cover them under warrantee.

I was just notified a brand new pair of Moab Gore-Tex hikers was being sent and I should expect delivery in a day or two! I figured I would get a discount to go buy another hiker, but they are sending me a brand new pair.

So Merrell, here's Atta Boy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seal_of_approval_atta_boy_stickers_atta_boy-r68a2bd466a6842c69c8521c0b25224ee_v9i1a_1024.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	124890  

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2016, 03:30 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have absolutely loved every pair of Merrell shoes I have ever bought...Mine lasted for much longer than it is recommended to keep hiking/jogging/walking type shoes. I was sad when they went to the great dumpster in the sky... and couldn't find another pair just like the ones I'd had for so long... they change their models from time to time....
good to know they stand behind their products! I always wore them out...never have had to find out...but it's good to know!

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #3

It's nice to here positive things about a product in here.

Thanks for letting everyone know!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Totally agree with TonyDi. Nice to see an AttaBoy

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nice to hear. If the rv industry would take note.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have heard great things about Merrell, but the Moab Ventilators that I so badly wanted to love made my plantar fasciitis flare up. I have nothing against Merrell, and I hope they continue to make good products that others enjoy and give the great service I keep hearing about.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #7

Good to hear. DW and I each have two pairs of the Moabs and enjoy them.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I have heard great things about Merrell, but the Moab Ventilators that I so badly wanted to love made my plantar fasciitis flare up. I have nothing against Merrell, and I hope they continue to make good products that others enjoy and give the great service I keep hearing about.
That is a odd coincidence, that is the reason I bought these Moab hiking boots in the first place. I felt the arch support was better and it had sure helped with my plantar fasciitis problem!

The new hiking boots arrived today! I like Bruce C comment.

Delta Faucets is another good company. About a year ago they sent me a complete new faucet for our kitchen sink in our house. The original faucet was 9 years old and it started to corrode and leak. I was hoping for a new insert to fix the dripping, but they sent me a complete new assembly including sprayer. I was absolutely astonished at the list price on that faucet that they sent to me! I did have to perform the install myself, but getting a new faucet that made my wife smile was sure worth it!
Old 04-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
That is a odd coincidence, that is the reason I bought these Moab hiking boots in the first place. I felt the arch support was better and it had sure helped with my plantar fasciitis problem!
Wanna see the shoes that keep my feet feeling great and keep my PF at bay?

Amazon.com

No arch support, basically no padding, and my feet seem to love them, on hard or softer surfaces, street or trail. It defies logic, don't it?
Old 04-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Anyone familiar with Gelpro mats? I have 1 large one, 2 small ones in my kitchen, they've been there for about 4 years and are well out of warranty. I noticed they are 'cupping', the ends are turning up. I reached out to customer service asking if I could do something to correct it, they asked for a photo of the 3 mats together, which I provided. I was expecting a coupon to save a few dollars on new ones, so imagine my surprise when they sent us 3 promotion codes to totally free replacement, along with an upgrade to the new elite mats AND they included shipping!

That amounted to nearly $600....WTG Gelpro mats! We'll be buying 2 more, for the motorhome.
On the Road with 8 cats and a lovebird!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Merrill is a good company.
As a side note, Cabela's will credit for old boots if you want to return them. My story. I had boots 4 years and I was never real satisfied with the fit. Woman at the service counter counter said bring them in and see what we can do. The rig was in the lot so I got the boots and took them in. I had paid about $160 for the boots. She looked at them and said they no longer had that model but could give me store credit of $124. I took it and bought new ones on the spot.
4 years old, can you believe it?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #12

It's great to hear more companies that give outstanding customer service!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:40 AM   #13
IC2

Glad to see that the Merrill Moabs are a good boot. I just picked up a pair from the local LL Bean outlet a couple days ago when I returned a pair of their own brand boots that 'died before their time' and received a decent amount of credit dollars.