Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Any members at "Circuit of the Americas" F1 race

If you are fill me in of the RV row action.

2014 United States Grand Prix - Circuit of the Americas

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Not to many of us American F1 fans. I've been an F1 fan since the early 70's, going to Watkins Glen. When COTA opened I was intrigued by the RV row right along the fence on one of the back straights. Looked into those spots thinking it would make for the ultimate RV/F1 experience. I guess the promoters thought the same thing, I think they are somewhere in the range of $50,000/year and you get that spot for all COTA events.

Oh well, seemed like a good idea for a moment. About the only similarities to those days in Watkins Glen is that fact that they still have 4 wheels and rubber tires. Yes, I suppose advancing technology is a good thing but I sure do miss the sound of the V12's spinning at 20,000 RPM.

<<Please don't post any comments on the race winner (hopefully not Hamilton), queued up on the DVR. Was working on the coach all weekend getting ready for the winter trek to AZ.>>

Old 11-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Not to many of us American F1 fans.
Really - They had 250,000 fans at this race last year in Texas. One of the Largest attendance of the 2013 season for F1. I would say Americans are very much into F1. Have you seen the grandstands at a NASCAR race lately? The television stations are asked not to show all the empty stands.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I'm just saying my experience is limited interaction when trying to strike up an F1 conversation with most Americans. Plenty of discussion to be had with Europeans, Brazilians or Japanese.

I did watch the race since my other post and it looked like at least 8 of the RV spaces were empty. I wonder if the people didn't show up or if they are unsold. Oh and Hamilton won. At least Rosberg is still in contention.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #5

I did notice the parking area for RV's 😜 Hope I can get there in a few years and check it out. I've been a fan for over 25yrs and was one of those crazy dudes who would get up at 4am and watch the races. Thank god for DVR's 😜
Old 11-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #6

I hope to be there next year. And yes, my man won.
Would love to hear feedback on anyone who parked there, or there abouts.