Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 06:27 AM   #1

Any other early birds?

I am the official dog caretaker, meaning when they have to go out at 5am, I'm the unspoken, designated human in charge. I don't mind, because I love quiet mornings. But no matter how hard I try, I feel like I'm disturbing the campground. Especially when we're next to tent campers. There is no way to stay inside the travel trailer because I'm reduced to staring at walls until hubby wakes up. This morning I got to clean up after the raccoons as quietly as possible and am trying to keep the dogs from scratching so they don't jingle their dog tags. I was amazed this morning when a chickadee pretty much came beak to nose with my lab and all the lab did was look at me as if to say, "are you seeing this? ". I'm so proud of her for not making a sound or lunging at the bird. Any other early birds out there?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Me too, up anywhere from 4 to 5 AM, have a dog too. I like being up early, but I go to bed early too. Through out my career I worked rotating shifts and now that I'm retired I love having a normal day where I know when to get up, eat, go to bed. When traveling I am usually on the road by 7 or 7:30 and put up about 2.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:00 AM   #3

Typically I am up anywhere between 5am and 6am ... if the cat is up, I'm awake. Mostly depends on early light. I'm also in bed reading by 9pm and asleep by 9:30.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #4

Yes, early mornings for me too, between 5 and 6 am. Put the puppy outside, put the coffee pot on and catch up on the forum
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:26 AM   #5

Not that early, but I'm outside by 0630 with my Dawgs. We don't make much noise with the exception of maybe the door closing on the coach.
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Other pet owners will understand. Folks that expect RVs, Tents and such to be as sound proof as a house are their own problem. All I ever ask is that folks do their best to be good neighbors and perfection is not my standard.

OTOH, I can get aggravated with owners that have noisy/barking dogs and can't control them. However, the occasional bark in the early morning is just what happens in the "real world" outside of CGs.

All I ask is that early risers do their best while they enjoy the early mornings I tend to avoid. LOL
Old 08-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #7

My dog goes out around 4am.......hook her up and take her for a walk.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I tend to go to bed once it gets dark and awake to the sunrise now. In the winter months when it gets dark early I am in bed around 8:30😵 When I was working I got up around 4:30; I really liked the quite and stillness of the early mornings.

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Old 08-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #9

Worked on a ranch for several years and breakfast was at 0530, but before you got to eat, the horses needed to be fed, curried and saddled up first. If you were working the hay fields then the equipment needed to be checked out. Then comes the military, for me PT was to 0600, which meant the I was up about 0430 or so. Now that I am retired, I am still getting up between 0430 and 0500, not that it is a bad thing though. I enjoy my quite time and coffee!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
OTOH, I can get aggravated with owners that have noisy/barking dogs and can't control them. However, the occasional bark in the early morning is just what happens in the "real world" outside of CGs.
X2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
All I ask is that early risers do their best while they enjoy the early mornings I tend to avoid.
I am also an early to rise and early to bed (8-9pm) guy. I wish people that stay up late would have as much respect for those going to bed early as vice-versa.

Perhaps we are a majority and all campgrounds can now change their quiet hours from 8pm til 5am???
JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFNM View Post

Perhaps we are a majority and all campgrounds can now change their quiet hours from 8pm til 5am???
I'm for it.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:30 PM   #12

I also have the 6am doggy dury...they need their "business trip..." The noisiest part is indeed the rig door...but after they both "go" (they have to go one at a time or they will play and not go), I love the quiet mornings...
Old 08-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabes View Post
I am the official dog caretaker, meaning when they have to go out at 5am, I'm the unspoken, designated human in charge. I don't mind, because I love quiet mornings. But no matter how hard I try, I feel like I'm disturbing the campground. Especially when we're next to tent campers. There is no way to stay inside the travel trailer because I'm reduced to staring at walls until hubby wakes up. This morning I got to clean up after the raccoons as quietly as possible and am trying to keep the dogs from scratching so they don't jingle their dog tags. I was amazed this morning when a chickadee pretty much came beak to nose with my lab and all the lab did was look at me as if to say, "are you seeing this? ". I'm so proud of her for not making a sound or lunging at the bird.
Quote:
Any other early birds out there?

Not unless you consider 7, or 8 or maybe 9 early!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Early riser here too, I'm usually up and about by 6, if I sleep in it is 7!

On the Road with 8 cats and a lovebird!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote