Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Any way to keep your neighbors ankle biters from yapping all day.

Just got back from a weekend trip and the people next to us had 3 little dogs that did nothing but bark the whole weekend. Asked them nicely if they could keep their little heard noise level down but they seemed to think that they were the only people in the campground. So does anyone have a solution for those who seem to think it is fine to let their dogs yap for hours at a time? Think from now on i'll bring my boom box and just blast some ac/dc their way until they get the hint

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
You needed to report them.......and if still barking......report them again, and if barking from inside.....report them again and again, till the owner of the property tells them to keep them quite or leave! Barking dogs are like mean people......they suck!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup. You have to get the park management involved. There's nothing the owners can do or they wouldn't be barking so it's useless to complain to them.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #4

Any way to keep your neighbors ankle biters from yapping all day.

Only had that trouble once. I picked up a "Bark Off" at Wally World. It's an electronic device that sends out a high pitched sound that only the dogs can hear and they don't like. In a very short time you could hear the dog at the next site that was tied outside with no one around that had been constantly barking start changing up. He would get a 1/2 bark out then a little yelp like sound. Within 30 minutes it was quiet! I left it sitting outside the trailer next to the tire 3 more days until they left. Not another bark was heard!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #5

Parks have rules for everyone to follow. Pets are on the list and barking or agressive dogs will be asked to leave. Management and the police have the obligation to enforce the printed rules. If there are no printed rules find a new campground to protect your sanity and provide peace and quiet.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #6

Getting management involved is the best thing to do. Most parks have a rule about barking dogs. Make them enforce it.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #7

Dental glue!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Arrow Owners are quite dumb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Dental glue!
That's funny
A hot dog w/super glue in it
We have talked about the barking dog's, now what do you think the owners problem is, sitting there , listening to them barking, in a public place, and doing nothing
Dog's should be like kids(the way I was raised) seen and not heard! Dog's and kid's are just as smart as their owner's
Old 05-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #9

It's almost im[pssoble to keep those yappers quiet and why should you have to spend your money to do so.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #10

They only yap because the owners don't want to train them not to do so. Dogs are like kids, you gotta train them. The owners are as bad as the dogs if they don't.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I Have Two Non-

Yappers, I can't stand any type dog barking and barking. Yes ours are trained and are reminded when they do bark. No barking in the MH and no barking while outside.
I am not sure which bothers me more the dogs barking or the rugrats high pitched squeals from 5 sites over.
Owners lets get on the wagon and start training BOTH !!!

I like the AC/DC aspect. I do have a boombox on board.
Enjoy the first long weekend and remember the ones that gave there life's.

Suppose to be a nice weekend at least here in Minn. Get out and Enjoy yourself,
JMO, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well... teaching the little rugrats to use an inside voice is pretty difficult when you are in the great outdoors... especially when they have to yell over the barkers....Most dogs bark for a reason. Finding the reason, stops the barking. If they are barking at you... get to know them so you aren't 'that stranger I need to alert for' any longer.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Exclamation Not brought up properly! Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well... teaching the little rugrats to use an inside voice is pretty difficult when you are in the great outdoors... especially when they have to yell over the barkers....Most dogs bark for a reason. Finding the reason, stops the barking. If they are barking at you... get to know them so you aren't 'that stranger I need to alert for' any longer.
I don't agree with your thinking here, if dog's are barking all the time.....they have not been brought up right, maybe being ignored by their owner's.......I do not have to introduce myself to your dog in the campsite next to me for him to quit barking! I would think if a dog is barking and I can hear it.....why can't the owner????? and why can't he do something about it! Oh wait, maybe he is not home to correct his best friend and teach him some manors.........The highlighted above is the owners job! Not mineAs alway's.....Man's best friend is just as smart as his owner
Old 05-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a 3 year old Maltese/Yorkie or Morkie, Lily. Yorkies are the #1 barkers and Lily is true to form. She is also VERY protective. Right now she's sitting at the window wanting to bark at something she sees outside. I have taught her to "use her inside voice" and she reduces the ear splitting barking to a low, deep growl followed by a quiet, "woof".

I prefer to boondock vs campgrounds because Lily feels she needs to protect me from all of those strange people and noises. We are in Yuma, AZ and must have electric, so campground it is this week.

Even the worst of the yappers can be taught to reduce their volume. It takes consistency. Barking in the MH is never supposed to be loud unless someone knocks on the door.

I have left and come back quietly to see if Lily barks when I'm gone. I've never heard her bark and I have asked the neighbors if they have heard her and they always say no. I think it's her overgrown protection instinct that is the root of her yapping.

Regarding kids -- I'd suggest adult only parks if kid noise bothers you. Outside running and playing is where kids need to be. Not inside playing video games. JMO

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote