Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
narampa's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 996
Anybody had problems with Equifax

Anybody out there have problems with Equifax or know of a Forum that discusses Equifax?
__________________

__________________
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
jacwjames's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,597
I ran my free credit report earlier this year, did not see any problem with this or the other 2 credit reporting services.

What type of problem are you having. If you provide some detail maybe others can comment.
__________________

__________________
Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
narampa's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I ran my free credit report earlier this year, did not see any problem with this or the other 2 credit reporting services.

What type of problem are you having. If you provide some detail maybe others can comment.
Here is what Equifax has done to me.
I have been fighting it for some time.
I too pulled my one time credit report something I have never done in the past .
I was shocked to find that I had a bankruptcy for $411.000.00 against me from a bank I have never dealt with.
I called Equifax Numerous times to try and resolve this to no satisfaction. Equifax said they only report what is relayed to them by a Creditor.
They sent me a Form to fill out requesting details on the accounts that do not apply to me.
They informed me to get in touch with the creditor for details of the account.
Now how do I do that as It is not my account?
I have talked to my bank of 45 years and I have no problem with my credit there. I have an appointment tomorrow with my bank manager. I am going to see if he can help me resolve this.
On July 13th I have an appointment with my Lawyer.
This is just a very short version of of the go around. I have had numerous calls to Equifax and have been confronted with people that cannot speak English. Seems they have a call center in I think Manila
Equifax has problems with one in four reports.

They were sued for 18 million by a lady in Oregon

Check out the attached video

Equifax Loses $18.6 Million Lawsuit - ABC News
__________________
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #4
Rkh
Registered User
 
Rkh's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,063
Ummmm. Did you contact the Bank the reported the judgement? I don't see how your personal bank, assuming they did not report anything to Equifax, can or would assist.
__________________
Rkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 448
Equifax is no better or worse than the other 2 major credit report agencies. They all have 1000's of errors, most like yours due to inaccurate reports from banks or other credit companies.
There is a Federal law that spells out very clearly what you and they must do...
Disputing Errors on Credit Reports | Consumer Information

Yes you are expected to contact the bank in question since the error originates with them, not Equifax. The fact you don't have an account with them is irrelevant to sending them a letter with a copy of the incorrect portion of your credit report. Once they have your notification in writing, they are required to take action.
__________________
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
narampa's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkh View Post
Ummmm. Did you contact the Bank the reported the judgement? I don't see how your personal bank, assuming they did not report anything to Equifax, can or would assist.
Of course I did they won't talk to me as I am not the person with the account in Question.
The reason i am going to see the manager of my bank is because we are going to discuss my company accounts and he is going to make a request on my behalf to the other bank in question.
After 45 years and a few Million in transactions they are will to help.
I was pleased when the manager called when he found out. He was on holidays and just found out yesterday.
__________________
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
narampa's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
Equifax is no better or worse than the other 2 major credit report agencies. They all have 1000's of errors, most like yours due to inaccurate reports from banks or other credit companies.
There is a Federal law that spells out very clearly what you and they must do...
Disputing Errors on Credit Reports | Consumer Information

Yes you are expected to contact the bank in question since the error originates with them, not Equifax. The fact you don't have an account with them is irrelevant to sending them a letter with a copy of the incorrect portion of your credit report. Once they have your notification in writing, they are required to take action.
I know what you saying but, Equifax does not report the account # they only report the # of the trustee who filed the bankruptcy. I contacted them and there answer is. Sorry we are unable to give out any information. We are only authorized to extend information to the party in question in other words the person who declared Bankruptcy. The only thing I was able to establish is that my Social Insurance # is differant. This they were willing to tell me over the phone. Equifax has admitted that they have made an Identity mistake but are unable to change anything as it has been reported as such????
The link you supplied is all information that Equifax sent me in order to settle my disput with them.

I need the Persons Name who went Bankrupt and the account #.
Equifax does not give out this information as it falls under the privacy act.
__________________
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
greystroke's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
Posts: 1,150
I use Experian credit monitoring through USAA. If there is any activity in the three agencies I am notified immediately(usually the next day). For example, I just applied for a Pilot card. A day after they checked my credit I received an alert.

If you have a bankruptcy on your record you should have a lot of creditor problems before that happened. Your equifax record should also show that sometime in the past you had an account with these people or the people they represent. If you don't have that previous activity then that could be used as proof that they have the wrong party. But you need to get it reported as mentioned above immediately.

In theory a creditor or their collection agent cannot post something bad on your credit unless you have dealt with that creditor in the past. It will be on our record.

If your credit report never shows you had an account with these people then you should be able to correct the error. Except bill collectors sometime can post bad things to your account acting on behalf of the creditor that is on your account.

Now I am getting confused. Good luck. If it is an old entry then it will be harder to take off. I keep all my old reports.
__________________
98 Endeavor DP, ISB275
RX300, Falcon II hitch, BB Vantage Select
VMSpc, 2002 Grey Ford Powerstroke
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
narampa's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
I use Experian credit monitoring through USAA. If there is any activity in the three agencies I am notified immediately(usually the next day). For example, I just applied for a Pilot card. A day after they checked my credit I received an alert.

If you have a bankruptcy on your record you should have a lot of creditor problems before that happened. Your equifax record should also show that sometime in the past you had an account with these people or the people they represent. If you don't have that previous activity then that could be used as proof that they have the wrong party. But you need to get it reported as mentioned above immediately.

In theory a creditor or their collection agent cannot post something bad on your credit unless you have dealt with that creditor in the past. It will be on our record.

If your credit report never shows you had an account with these people then you should be able to correct the error. Except bill collectors sometime can post bad things to your account acting on behalf of the creditor that is on your account.

Now I am getting confused. Good luck. If it is an old entry then it will be harder to take off. I keep all my old reports.
Thanks for your input. I'm not worried about this as I am financially free of any any debt. I rely on solely being indepent of financial lending institutions of any kind. But it is wrong that I could have my credit rating destroyed because Equifax keyed in a wrong entry. This was done back in 2012. This they have admitted to me.
There is somebody out there who is walking around with an excellent credit rating after going bankrupt.
Equifax here I come. I will be in court till my dying breath but they will not get away with it.
I worked too hard the last 50 years for them to destroy my credibility because of an entry error.
By the way this has been on my credit report for the last three years and never knew it and have received credit cards to the tune of at least three a year. When I get them I just shred them. I use master card, have for years. Never a problem.
What I don't understand if I am such a risk as Equifax has made me out to be why am I receiving more credit cards that I never apply for.
__________________
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
jacwjames's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,597
Silly question,

Have you checked your credit report with the other 2 credit reporting companies???

I think this would support your argument and defense if you do end up going to court.

I support what you are doing and feel the same way, that's why I check my credit report.
__________________
Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
TexasTom's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 955
Had a similar situation with a bank reporting that I had never made any required mortgage payments, after it was already paid off. All it took was one well crafted letter from an attorney to make it go away.
__________________
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by narampa View Post
I'm not worried about this as I am financially free of any any debt. I rely on solely being indepent of financial lending institutions of any kind.
Vehicle insurance companies use credit reports in determining premiums. So inaccurate credit reports can harm even those of us who are debt-free.

And you'll never know it because all of it is so incredibly opaque, as you're finding out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by narampa View Post
What I don't understand if I am such a risk as Equifax has made me out to be why am I receiving more credit cards that I never apply for.
Actually, being free of any debt lowers your credit score. It means you don't pay interest, and the credit card companies prefer to do business with people who DO pay interest.

As far as they know, you're someone who had gone through bankruptcy and gotten a clean slate, which probably means you're more able to pay interest now.
__________________
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 50
Do some research, find out who owns the company. Write them directly and tell them if the item is not corrected you will sue the CEO personally (along with the company). Include what documentation you have to make your case. You can sue in small claims court and it will cost them more money to answer than you sue for. Had a problem with one agency that had reported a judgement against me when it was actually a judgement I had won against a former tenant. Staff of the agency had adamantly refused to change it even when I sent them a copy of the court record. I found that they were actually owned by a Limited Partnership, which was controlled by the Burlington Northern RR. I wrote the President of that company and informed him of my intention to sue. File was corrected in 30 days, Credit score jumped almost 200 points.

They are not nice people and don't deserve nice treatment.
__________________
RandyMWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
narampa's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Vehicle insurance companies use credit reports in determining premiums. So inaccurate credit reports can harm even those of us who are debt-free.

And you'll never know it because all of it is so incredibly opaque, as you're finding out.




Actually, being free of any debt lowers your credit score. It means you don't pay interest, and the credit card companies prefer to do business with people who DO pay interest.

As far as they know, you're someone who had gone through bankruptcy and gotten a clean slate, which probably means you're more able to pay interest now.
I know what your saying and it makes sense. I have my Master Card that I do buy bassicly everything on. Cars repairs and I would say most things. I never want to not have credit revolving for the reason you are stating.
I just find the card quick easy and painless.
When our lawyer gets back on Monday I'm gonna sit back and listen to her.
Like most lawyers she won't be in it for the money. Her firm has represented my Company and my Dads company before me.
And yes I no longer pay interest I live off it.
__________________

__________________
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just bought motor home and dealer won't fix problems! BrucFitz iRV2.com General Discussion 48 06-11-2015 06:14 PM
Towing 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara problems Hardcon Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 6 04-21-2015 10:06 AM
New Rig Problems Greg813 New Rig Show-Off! 31 12-01-2014 09:50 PM
Garmin 760 dezl lmt problems THERAPY GUY Newmar Owner's Forum 2 03-03-2014 01:03 PM
EGR soot cleaning to have less replacement problems tom chelbana Cummins Engines 2 02-14-2014 09:09 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.