Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by greezykid View Post
Maybe we need to make a change at the top position to solve this problem,any business would.
The problem of the homeless will never be solved until there is enough low-income housing built instead of nothing but luxury apartments. Even before the economy tanked there were plenty of homeless people. Some are hopeless alcoholics and some are mentally ill, all should be addressed and helped off the streets. The creation of jobs would certainly help, but it's not the whole answer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I have never figured out the correlation between poor, and dumping garbage in the front yard.
Don't dump the pigs or slobs out there in with the homeless. Pigs are in a group of their own. Many people are homeless because they cannot find work or can only find jobs at places like K-Mart or Joe's Diner. They can't pay rent or their mortgages on incomes from places like that. So they lose their homes and end up out on the streets just like you would if you lost your job and had to work for $6 an hr somewhere.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Toss this idea around if you will:
Communes; for those that don't know what this is: its a place where every one lives together and every one has a job; such as a large farm where every one has chores and every one shares equaly, instead of putting people in public housing and just sending a welfare check every month, put these people on a farm and let them work for their food and shelter,.welfare mother (has 6 kids) make her a den mother to watch the other mothers kids while those mothers do something to support the groupe. you get the idea?
There will always those that refuse to work no madder what; I'm sure there are ideas to deal with them.
Why include welfare mothers in the homeless problem and people living in old RVs because it's all they can afford? These are two separate classes of people. And those who refuse to work are another class again and should not be included with those who lost their homes and apartments because the only job they could find paid $6 or $7 an hr.

Communes for those who cannot find jobs paying a living wage and are out of unemployment checks may work, but no one is going to make such places for them. So we will probably see more and more of this as more people run out of checks and more jobs move overseas.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
It doesn't take money or a job to know how to flush a toilet or pick up your own mess. These people are just flat out pigs who don't give a s#!t (no pun intended) which may partially explain why they are in the state they are in.
So everyone who ran out of unemployment checks and lost their homes and apts are "pigs" who don't give a xxxx? People who worked all their lives and many with educations? All pigs? They're pigs because they can't rent even a cheap place on the income from places like Charlie's Chicken Fry or Buba's BBQ Pit? Your statement is very offensive.

Quote:
Enough with blaming the "recession" for everyone's woes. Anyone I know who wants to work is working. Some people will always find an excuse for their own (or others) condition.
And you know people who lost $50,000+ yr jobs and are now making $6 hr at Wal*Mart and paying their rent or mortgages on that? You need to tell those living in old RVs and cheap rooms in rooming houses how the people you know are living on minimum wage jobs which is about all that's available in many areas. Stop blaming the victims of this recession.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Guess those jobs are in the parallel universe you live in?
I don't understand how anyone can claim there are jobs out there but people are choosing to lose their homes and cars and everything they own instead of taking said jobs. And calling these people "pigs" who lost everything because all they can find are minimum wage jobs that don't even cover their rent no less their groceries, utilities, clothing, health Ins etc is unconscionable.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #34

Welcome to the world of the jobs and income going down Homeless is ever where you go and the number keeps growing for those of us who do have jobs be Blessed with what you got becsuse you never know sooner or later it could happen to any one of us so lets counts our BLESSING and be thankful for what we got... and pray we don't end up in jail or on the streets for doing something in the wrong...
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
The last time I camped at Davis bayou ocean springs La. The campground was more than half filled with homeless; most liveing in tents. Any else one notice this trend?
The campground as a whole was clean with no trash scattered about.
However the shower and restrooms were another story; toilets were not flushed and full of "stuff"; the floors were littered with all kinds of papers and "stuff'
I would never get in a shower that was this dirty.
Any one else notice campgrounds beginning to house more homeless?
The private sector is doing just fine !!!!!!!
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
So everyone who ran out of unemployment checks and lost their homes and apts are "pigs" who don't give a xxxx? People who worked all their lives and many with educations? All pigs? They're pigs because they can't rent even a cheap place on the income from places like Charlie's Chicken Fry or Buba's BBQ Pit? Your statement is very offensive.
Your misunderstanding of my statement is offensive. My comment referred to behavior, not economic status. No matter what a person's economic status there is no excuse for leaving waste unflushed in a toilet or leaving your mess behind. Even a homeless person should know how to push a lever. So yes, people who do these things are pigs

Take the chip off your shoulder
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #37
Community Administrator

The politics have calmed down. Lets not get into personal attacks. Be nice and remember our rules.

Quote:
Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation,and national origin are not acceptable.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 10-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmugsshow View Post
Yup, and us oldsters came up in times when there were jobs to be had. Things are different today.
It seems a lot of older people on this Forum still think it's the 1950s or 60s when jobs were plentiful and you could live on what you earned with or without a college diploma. They have not moved along with the times......

Anyone who thinks people can live on the minimum wage is living in the Twilight Zone. And you can be sure none of them are in the position where they can't make their rent or mortgage or buy groceries for the week on the job/s or income they have now.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
RanCarr makes some good points, but did take the "pigs" statement out of context.

I can assure you that most people here wouldn't make it on what I get monthly, let alone find a job hauling around an oxygen bottle. Yet, I'm very thankful for all we do have.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
It doesn't take money or a job to know how to flush a toilet or pick up your own mess. These people are just flat out pigs who don't give a s#!t (no pun intended) which may partially explain why they are in the state they are in.

Enough with blaming the "recession" for everyone's woes. Anyone I know who wants to work is working. Some people will always find an excuse for their own (or others) condition.
Agreed! My 52 year old son with a doctor's degree in music, just resigned a university position to be with his wife on the East coast. Is he looking for a similar position? Yes. Is he sitting on his butt while waiting for it? No! He has signed with a temp agency and is working.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
I feel sorry for FTers. They move around alot, have no real 'home' AKA, homeless. All they do is travel around like snake oil salesmen seeing all the sites in N. America. They sit outside a lot and watch burning wood. They don't pay property taxes (how un-American) any more. They go north in the summer and go south in the winter. They don't cut the grass, paint the house, shovel snow or none of that fun stuff. What a boring life

As far as those forced into FTing, I say good for them. If we fell on hard times, I would sell everything and hit the road. Beats the hell out of a carboard box under a viaduct. Now those folks you have to feel sorry for. However, I have to wonder what choices they might have made to put them there, besides just bad economic times.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
The OP stated just that the folks trashed the toilet facilities. Maybe it's a stretch, but I don't believe we need another govt program to teach people basic clean and courtesy. The answer of gov building and giving all the time is what gets us to where we are.
I totally agree !! More free hand outs are Not the answer. It's on the news all the time about deporting illegal aliens, (which I'm all in favor for) , but then farmers wouldn't have "people" to work the fields. Are those homeless people to good to "work" for a living ? Now before I get bashed (again) for stating My Opinion, I know this is not a "fix all" deal. But still,,, And why can't someone, no matter how down and out (been there, lived out of my car before), clean up after themselves. There is no excuse for trashing your surroundings... Same as camping now... We Always make it a point to leave a CG as clean Or cleaner than we found it. It's really not hard to do,,
Closed Thread