Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 AM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
And the winnah is......!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
If anyone in DC were half as concerned about our debt problems as they are about getting re-elected, .....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:08 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
And the winnah is......!!!

Senior Chief, I calls em as I sees em........

Old 07-31-2011, 07:11 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
Senior Chief, I calls em as I sees em........
And you call them exactly right.

Too freakin' many politicians, not enough public servants.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not sure where this "defualt" comes in?

The government sells bonds to finance deficit spending. When the bonds mature, they pay the bondholder face value plus interest. There is no monthly payment on the national debt, just paying off mature bonds.

Hitting the debt cieling will force the government to live within means. Right now. They can't sell any more bonds. They have to pay bills any salaries with what is in the treasury. So the first thing they do is send all non essential employees home without pay. Yes, they will close all the national parks. probably send the entire epa home. lots of other stuff will grind to a halt.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 AM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
I honestly don't see our congress ever doing right by we tax payers, sorry just the way I feel. They are too busy buying votes from those that want the "government" to do more and more for them . If any one of us ran our personal finances (or our business') like the government runs we would more then likely be in prison.... I don't mean to sound so negative, it's just I have no faith in either party to do right by "we the people".
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM   #34
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Well like everyone else here I am not at all happy with what is going on! However I also believe as in the past and in the future, this Great Country will pull through! Yes it will be tuff and we will have some more scrapes and bumps! However two things I have learned in my almost 52 years and believe in very strongly is 1) GOD and 2) AMERICA with these two things all is possible!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL View Post
Hi All,

Well like everyone else here I am not at all happy with what is going on! However I also believe as in the past and in the future, this Great Country will pull through! Yes it will be tuff and we will have some more scrapes and bumps! However two things I have learned in my almost 52 years and believe in very strongly is 1) GOD and 2) AMERICA with these two things all is possible!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!

For our sake Al, I hope you're right.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr300ce View Post
If the congress lets the USA default, then we need a massive RECALL campaign to get rid of them.

Think about this.....576 people govern all 300 million of us.

Thats the senate, the house, president, & supreme court.

We hired them to run things for us so we could work & play as we want.

If they aren't doing a good enough job, fire them !!!!
I agree but just like in the last elections the American people in their infinite wisdom will re relect those that got us into this problem to start out with. We the people need a big broom sweep them out in front of the white house, grab them by the ear and throw them off the property and start over. This goes for dems and rep, alike. We need to start anew or we,re on our way to 3rd world status. We probaby already are !!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
HMMmmmm - ya think things are bad NOW - and wonder if it will get WORSE?

You ain't seen ANYTHING yet, and within 24 months, THESE will be looked back upon as the "good 'ol days"....
X2 its not going to be pretty and its gonna hurt real bad.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Politicians are like a dirty diaper....they need to be changed often and for the same reason.

This thread will soon turn political and be shut down, so go easy folks.

Ken
I don't really see how this could turn political, pretty much the entire country agrees the politicians have pretty much screwed things up, both dems and repubs. As for me, I'm voting third party next election, all new candidates wherever possible. Its time to take out the trash, it's started to stink.
This country is ripe for another revolution, I just hope it will be peaceful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-31-2011, 03:20 PM   #39

The one thing I haven't heard is getting out of the 2 wars we are in and saving 24% of the money we are spending. We are accomplishing nothing there and killing our kids. We provide new schools, hospitals, food and whatever they need for free yet our own people are starving. We just sent 60 billion to Africa to help them when we are broke and many of our own people are starving. Want to lower spending? Bring home the troops and stop giving billions away to other countries and use that money to help the people in the USA get back on their feet. It's just common sense. Taking away money from retired folks, schools, veterans and police to support other countries is not what America is about. How come no one is talking about shutting down the war machine to save money?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
The one thing I haven't heard is getting out of the 2 wars we are in and saving 24% of the money we are spending. We are accomplishing nothing there and killing our kids. We provide new schools, hospitals, food and whatever they need for free yet our own people are starving. We just sent 60 billion to Africa to help them when we are broke and many of our own people are starving. Want to lower spending? Bring home the troops and stop giving billions away to other countries and use that money to help the people in the USA get back on their feet. It's just common sense. Taking away money from retired folks, schools, veterans and police to support other countries is not what America is about. How come no one is talking about shutting down the war machine to save money?
Makes you wonder who's really running things
Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Thumbs down

I hope the guys in the USA government know they are out of a job? when this hits the fan.
Rebel
Old 07-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
What do you all think about that "10% solution" thing they're talking about in D.C?

Idea being that the Treasury picks a date, and every single now-existing payment due from that date on is reduced by 10%, and the creditor can just like it or lump it.

Seems like it would save a LOT of money.