Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you legal or not with your concealed weapon?
Yes, have CCW. 63 52.07%
No CCW, still carry and no plans to get a CCW. 19 15.70%
No CCW, but plan to get CCW. 10 8.26%
Do not plan to carry a gun. 29 23.97%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #15

No permits. Afterall it is my second home. And I have the right to protect it and all that is inside.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
Those same heros died almost 150 years ago and many of the concerns they carried have since passed into history.
-Paul R. Haller-
Not really.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #17

Paul,

But there are still home invaders and car jackers and various and sundry criminals. The dangers are different, but they're still there.

(A couple of the latest murders here were just down the street from my house...)

liz
Old 08-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #18

Heartland RV Club
I value my life and most of all my DW's .
That bulge under my shirt is not a medical device,

Wayne
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Now I can legally do what I have been doing for fifty years. Both Willa and I have our Concealed Carry permits. People should understand that they may legally carry a gun but if you ''fire that gun'' you should figure on a minimum of ten thousand dollars in legal costs even when you are in the right if you fire it. We live by the theory that we will never ''point'' a gun at anyone. If we expose the gun we will shoot to kill. If you are going to ''point'' the gun and not use it, you are better off with a sharp stick. The situation should be that if your life or your spouses life is threatened with deadly force..... SHOOT TO KILL and do not stop shooting till the weapon is empty..... no exceptions. In all other incidences and situations. RUN LIKE HELL AND DO NOT BE A COWBOY .......
It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six and at the coroners inquest you will be the only one to testify as to what happened.....

This is just my opinion and I will respect yours if it is different.

A veteran gave you the right to bare arms.... thank them for it.
Seajay the sailor man

As a retired federal agent, I might sugguest you amend your testimony. You shoot at center of mass. You shoot to stop them. It is an unfortunate circumstance that they passed away.

A small change in your statement worth millions in court when pursued by the surviving relatives!
a10koaksfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I also served in the military, 28+ years, seen my share of human suffering, and have a CC. All I can say is that the perpetrator will not leave my MH in the same condition as they illegally entered and, I assure you that if the state we are in honors my issuing state CC permit, I will be armed. I'll let the folks on the other side of the fence invite them to tea.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #21

Heartland RV Club

www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #22

I am retired Military 4 combat tours (I do not have the T-Shirt, I have the scares., I also have a CWP, a butt load of guns and well trained in the use of all of them. As for as our founding fathers, lets think god for them and their wisdom, can you image the Constitution being written by these DC Clowns we have now. However in this great country it is your right to say what you please. I will thank each and every veteran for that right. Thank you my Warrior Brothers.

George
Old 08-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As we were told in the CHL class, do not say anything at all until you have a lawyer, then only say that you feared for your or your family's life.

Ken
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
I served in the military and I do not carry nor do I expect to be thanked. I've seen enough blood spilled to last 3 lifetimes in what we were told was to preserve our freedom by lying politicians. Our right to bear arms is written in the bill of rights by men who were worried about a war with England and who, by the English, were branded as traitors. Those same heros died almost 150 years ago and many of the concerns they carried have since passed into history. The English are now our allies and we no longer have marauding indians and grizzly bears attacking you and your family in your hand built homestead on the edge of the western frontier nor are you considered a traitor.

Times have changed and even those who still believe the way it was, should be the way it is, have not. Not until they also have passed to history can we accept change and embrace it.
-Paul R. Haller-
I respect your decision. We each make our own decisions. I do not agree with your logic.

1. The 2nd Amendment is part of a group of rights that our forefathers sought to secure for us. If for no other reason than to assert our continuing desire to retain those rights and affirm the source of them (and it is NOT the government), the right to keep and bear arms is important to me. "Shall not be infringed" has been completely violated in places like NJ, IL, and NY. Once you give one away, it is easy to loose the others as well.

2. We have an excellent police force in our town. They are minutes away. In a life or death situation, seconds may determine the outcome.

3. A person wanting to know the news (which many news organizations do not report on purpose) about the number of citizens who end up having to defend themselves in their own homes can find out that information. The number is far greater than most people believe. I believe that similar risks are starting to rise in places where RVs are parked. The trend is not that threats to citizens are passing into history. We are not as safe now as we were when we started RVing in 2004.

If I did have a gun (and I'm not saying one way or another), I would hope that I never needed to use it. If I did need it, it would only be to stop a threat to me or my family.

The 1.7M concealed carry license holders in FL and the 600K CHLs in Texas would also add that "concealed is concealed" Only the bearer knows for sure.

BTW, State CCW laws are a patchwork at best. Many New England States do not recognize CCW licenses from other States. IL, too. Worse, the use of deadly force restrictions vary more. If you did have a CCW in NJ (rare), you are required to attempt to retreat before defending yourself. The size of magazines (some States limit it to 10 or less) and where you can legally carry a gun in a vehicle also changes. Even with diligent research, it is very difficult to remain "legal" if you do a lot of interstate travel.

http://handgunlaw.us/
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
Racking an empty 12 ga will probably clear the property, esp with a night light and a red dot.
But what if it doesn't? !!

I have had to hold my Super Blackhawk on people twice. (it was not empty, and it took several very tense minutes before local police got here) One invador knew I was armed, and still almost crossed my line on the floor.

I found I am not that certain of aim at night with the 44, so, I now have as a defense firearm at night, a Browning A5, with plug out, five 00 buckshot in, and am a very quiet safety button away from live trigger capability. (For those who do not know, one such round is equivalent to a full clip from a 9 mm pistol.)

Police will almost never stop a crime of violence, if they are lucky, might apprehend the perputrator, DA will will then very seldomly get a conviction. The stats are out there, they are not on the side of the victim. Even though they have the best of intentions, law enforcement cannot protect you.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #26

Carry a concieled handgun in the motorhome, no CHL required in Texas and most other states.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #27

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
No permits. Afterall it is my second home. And I have the right to protect it and all that is inside.
But while on the road moving it's a motor vehicle and usually not legal to have a concealed weapon within reach of the driver unless you have a CWP (CPL in WA). I know it's not in OR and WA where I have permits.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #28

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by a10koaksfed View Post
As a retired federal agent, I might sugguest you amend your testimony. You shoot at center of mass. You shoot to stop them. It is an unfortunate circumstance that they passed away.

A small change in your statement worth millions in court when pursued by the surviving relatives!
+1!!