Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you legal or not with your concealed weapon?
Yes, have CCW. 63 52.07%
No CCW, still carry and no plans to get a CCW. 19 15.70%
No CCW, but plan to get CCW. 10 8.26%
Do not plan to carry a gun. 29 23.97%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #85

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
In AZ and VT, individuals without permits can open carry handguns.
Glenn
Washington also.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #86

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Good points, I assume nobody here knows who I am
True, but a court order will get the info if a LEO or attorney wants it!

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
One more time with feeling ........
A GUN IS A TOOL FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE.
If someone is stealing your gas out of your coach and is apparently UN ARMED and gives you lip, Hit them with MACE or Wasp Spray. Have your gun in your belt behind your back. DONT SHOW IT. If they attack you with a knife or any dangerous item and the Mace or Wasp spray wont stop them, RETREAT UP THRU YOUR DOOR AND PULL THE GUN AND IF THEY COME THRU OUR DOOR, Do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family.
A gun is a tool like the tools in my tool box. I don't use a sledge hammer to fix a watch and I dont use a Jewelers screw driver to change a tire. And like I said in a previous post. YOU CAN FIGURE ON PROBABLY TEN GRAND MINIMUM TO LAWYERS TO PROVE YOU WERE IN THE RIGHT IF YOU HAVE TO ''SHOOT'' THAT GUN. JMHO

Lets all thank our vets for giving us the right to own and carry weapons.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
"If they attack you with a knife or any dangerous item and the Mace or Wasp spray wont stop them, RETREAT UP THRU YOUR DOOR AND PULL THE GUN AND IF THEY COME THRU OUR DOOR, Do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family."

If I confront someone stealing and/or damaging my home I'm not going to confront them with mace or wasp spray -- they will probably be confronted with a gun and IF they advance towards me or my family, they will be met with a Dupo 7 expanding slug, a powerful expansion effect combined with fragmentation provides an increased impact area. The main body of the slug and six sharp splinters create wound channels that form a 5 inch diameter cone 5 inches deep. Seven wound channels with one hit provide the effect of buckshot with the energy of a slug. .
If they somehow manage to continue to be a threat, they'll get another taste.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #89

As to the original idea for this thread...In the US it is really difficult to know if you will be legal. There are too many laws that contradict one another, states and localities that do not recognize other permits etc...
In the end...use common sense.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
I rely on the NRA site for the most current laws -- local ordinance's are the biggest problem. NRA NRA-ILA ::
Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #91

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Washington also.
I'm curious. Do you actually see people open carrying there? I spent a long time in Olympia and I don't ever remember seeing anyone but LEOs with open carry. Same with Spokane. Just because it is possible, does not mean that it is practiced.

Maybe WA is like PA. You see it only in the suburbs. The urban police sometimes take a dim view of it, legal or not.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
"If they attack you with a knife or any dangerous item and the Mace or Wasp spray wont stop them, RETREAT UP THRU YOUR DOOR AND PULL THE GUN AND IF THEY COME THRU OUR DOOR, Do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family."

If I confront someone stealing and/or damaging my home I'm not going to confront them with mace or wasp spray -- they will probably be confronted with a gun and IF they advance towards me or my family, they will be met with a Dupo 7 expanding slug, a powerful expansion effect combined with fragmentation provides an increased impact area. The main body of the slug and six sharp splinters create wound channels that form a 5 inch diameter cone 5 inches deep. Seven wound channels with one hit provide the effect of buckshot with the energy of a slug. .
If they somehow manage to continue to be a threat, they'll get another taste.
With all respect sir I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL BUT CONSIDER THIS. The law is actually on the side of the ''perp''. In most incidences you are not allowed to use deadly force except in a situation of the probability and possibility of bodily harm and the capability of the ''perp'' to threaten your life and you have no alternative but to use deadly force on your part in that situation. Like i said in my earlier post ... IT CAN COST YOU A MINIMUM OF TEN GRAND IN LAWYER FEES AND GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH TIME AND EFFORT TO PROVE YOU ARE ''RIGHT'' IN WHAT YOU DID if you have to cap some one. They will make you look like the ''bad guy'' and the aggressor in that situation and you would probably get sued by the persons family. In most cases of theft of your property IT JUST AINT WORTH IT TO SHOOT A PERSON UNLESS YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER AND YOU CAN REALLY PROVE IT BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. It is a hard rock to swallow to see some bum stealing your goods but take the high road if at all possible. Use Mace or Wasp spray or a ball bat if necessary but make the ''gun'' your absolute last line of defense. You are a fellow vet and I would hate to see you with ''striped sun shine''.... Again, I AGREE WITH YOUR FEELINGS BUT THE LAW JUST DONT WORK THAT WAY........
God bless our vets and keep them safe ....
Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Better watch out the ATF has a secret decoder ring and can track the posts
Not far from the truth. Access to these posts as well as many others, like letters to editors, are in the public domain and are easily accessible.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #94

Seajay is right. Atleast here in MO I know he is correct.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #95

Do make sure you feel "life threatened" for yourself or your family member before using a firearm or mace or pepper spray or wasp spray or anything similar. I don't know for sure but I suspect you'd get sued just as quickly and for probably the same amount for using these handy sprays. As mentioned above "victims" attorney's are going to do all they can to show you were not justified in using that type of force and that you had other options you could have used instead of causing irreparable damge to the "victim". Just my opinion.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #96

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As this is a logic question the answer is true (yes)
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #97
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are going to carry a weapon, you need to make up in your own mind that you will use it in a life threatening situation without any hesitation. If you pull the weapon and hesitate, you may well be the fatality. It they are just stealing something outside, I will not confront them and just all the police. If they are inside my home or RV, they will be dealt with promptly, and then the police called.

So get it straight in your mind that you will use a weapon if you have one, otherwise do not carry one.

Ken
Old 08-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #98

I believe the 2nd amendment say I can have a gun in my home. Since my RV is my home, I guess the Constitution is my permit! My RV is insured by Smith & Wesson

jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote