Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you legal or not with your concealed weapon?
Yes, have CCW. 63 52.07%
No CCW, still carry and no plans to get a CCW. 19 15.70%
No CCW, but plan to get CCW. 10 8.26%
Do not plan to carry a gun. 29 23.97%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #29

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
No permits. Afterall it is my second home. And I have the right to protect it and all that is inside.
Nope. Try going on a federal installation with your second home and see how far that stance gets you. While I agree with your sentiment, the Feds take a dim view of firearms on their installations. When staying at a military FAMCAMP, the weapons by necessity stay at home.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
I carry a can of Wasp spray right by the entry door. Rather than shoot some jerk, I would much prefer to spray his eyeballs and watch him cry, scream, and suffer as I drive away. I hear that stuff reall hurts!!
100 percent agree with Finhawk. I also carry a large can of wasp spray under the drivers seat and there is one beside the recliner near the front door if I need it.
IMHO... A gun is a weapon of last resort and should be used accordingly. People that ''COWBOY'' with a weapon are stupid in my opinion. To ''strut and threaten'' and ''show off'' with a weapon is dumb in my opinion. IMHO if you ''take carry for show you will probably get shot with your own gun''. This is why I say that ''If you skin that smoke wagon,,, USE IT IMMEDIATELY'' (a quote from the movie Wyatt Earp)...... I pray that God will grant me my wish that I will never have to kill another human.

All this is my opinion concerning guns and I am probably wrong so my strongest advise is ''DONT TAKE MY ADVISE''.......

Lets all ask someone to bring our troops home really soon cause when I see a flag draped coffin on T.V. ...... I cry......(yep ,,,, sure do)
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #31

You bet I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	44 Magnum.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	12885  
lostagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post
Nope. Try going on a federal installation with your second home and see how far that stance gets you. While I agree with your sentiment, the Feds take a dim view of firearms on their installations. When staying at a military FAMCAMP, the weapons by necessity stay at home.
Disagree with your statement "... the weapons by necessity stay at home," as this is not an option for those of us who are fulltimers. We have visited many military installations/FamCamps during our travels and the majority do not ask about weapons and, those that do ask, will advise you to store your weapon in their armory. I'm not going to name installations that do or do not allow weapons, but as an example - our winter nest does not allow weapons but will store in their armory with the condition that you visit the armory monthly to verify your information. They also request advance notice of when you are departing/picking up your weapon.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #33

Have had a permit for over 20 years, but have just recently started carrying occasionally when going to banks or other places where lurkers may be wanting to harm me, family or try to rob me of something I have worked for. Always in the RV when traveling.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I live in a big city. I have never when on the street or car felt I was in a situation that required a weapon. I keep a Remington 870 pump next to my bed at home and on the road. I've had to pull it out one time, my next door neighbor caught someone robbing his garage, he confronted the crook noisily I heard the commotion my friend was saying put down the gun. I came out the back door and was behind the crook, I raked a round into the chamber and directed him to put the gun down, he lowered it and ran. I was not going to shoot a fleeing felon. I went to bed that night knowing no one was injured due to my actions. Good feeling! I will protect me and mine, but I hope I never am forced to take a life.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
I served in the military and I do not carry nor do I expect to be thanked. I've seen enough blood spilled to last 3 lifetimes in what we were told was to preserve our freedom by lying politicians. Our right to bear arms is written in the bill of rights by men who were worried about a war with England and who, by the English, were branded as traitors. Those same heros died almost 150 years ago and many of the concerns they carried have since passed into history. The English are now our allies and we no longer have marauding indians and grizzly bears attacking you and your family in your hand built homestead on the edge of the western frontier nor are you considered a traitor.

Times have changed and even those who still believe the way it was, should be the way it is, have not. Not until they also have passed to history can we accept change and embrace it.
-Paul R. Haller-
Well said. ThankYou for your insight.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #36

Yes, I am legal when I'm carrying. I never have & hope I never need to draw my weapon. I have been in situations where I have I felt that my life was in danger due to the nature of my work & the places my work takes me.
I know someone who had car trouble , he was beat & left for dead, his wife was raped infront of his son, he now lives with this guilt, his son has some issues that may be the result of what he watched, he now carrys & has had extensive training in personal protection. I never want my family to go thru this.
I now carry full time, wife carrys sometimes.
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why would anyone admit to carrying illegally on a public forum?

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a CHL and whether I carry or not is not of concern to anyone on the forums.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #39

Good points, I assume nobody here knows who I am
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #40

The best defense from a gun carrying family is 911.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would hope that anyone who is armed with a deadly weapon, concealed or not, legal or not, has the wisdom to know what crimes or actions justify the use of deadly force, and realizes the consequences of using the weapon when it is not called for.
I am a strong believer in the 2nd ammendment of the constitution, I am not, however in favor of an armed public at large. Just my opinions, and I realize that yours may vary, and I certainly respect your right to that.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I have a CHL and whether I carry or not is not of concern to anyone on the forums.

Ken
Same here. Some good folks reveal way too much informtation on these open forums. There's a guy on another forum who very proudly tells how he is hauling an 18k 5th wheel with a 3/4 ton truck...gasser.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote