Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you on Facebook?
Yes 84 68.85%
No 38 31.15%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #15
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am at the urging of my DD. But, I seldom go there nowadays.

Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #16

I am not on FB. I know millions are. By being on there, does this increase your getting more spam because of addresses or something?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I am on Facebook and check it every day. It helps me to keep in touch with friends I have made all over the US, Canada, and even Australia (can't forget the Danes too). My first ex-husband found me and we had lunch last week after not seeing him for almost 40 years. It has helped me reconnect with people who were once just in my past and now are in my present too.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #18

I am, get on and read it about twice a week, very seldom post anything.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #19

Yes, I have a FB account. I check it daily. Primarily to touch base with Adult children and grand children. I think it depends how it is used. I am more careful these days who I friend. I have many interests and FB helps me to check things out. However, it can be a conduit for advertising. So, I will "like" certain companies for a while and then drop them if it's too much. I recommend that you don't friend young relatives, usually too much info for me!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I found that Facebook provides a soapbox for many but does not seem to promote conversation. After a while I decided that was not what I wanted and dropped out. For many they would post their comment and the vary next couple of comments would be from them as well. Carring on a conversation with themselves.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm not because I got tired of all the drama.
People write things (And send lewed photos) thinking no one can see it but thier friends.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmweb View Post
Yes, I have a FB account. Primarily to touch base with Adult children and grand children.
That's the only reason I'm on it. Never post, just read.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
No Facebook, no Twitter and no My Space. I send few e mails and make few phone calls.

True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #24

My Space is dying out but Face Book is still pretty big. I mainly got on it to re-connect with old friends, distant relatives, and old class mates. The ones who post all their drama can be blocked while remaining friends with them. If you leave all their apps and games alone you'll be pretty safe. If you ensure the address at the top is "https" you have a secure connection. I've even become good friends with an ex-girlfriend from high school there!! And you can block everyone except your friends from seeing your pictures and posts by being very selective about your privacy settings. I does seem some of the kids out there are just competing to collect as many "friends" as they can get whether they know them or will ever meet them in real life or not. I also "like" IRV2.com there and post the link to this forum and a few of the others I belong to on occasion. It's YOUR page to make it and of it what you want!!
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Yes, I have a FB account. ...... Primarily to touch base with Adult children and grand children.
Ditto ...I don't post very often and block ALL games, etc. I much prefer email for keeping in touch.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
My Space is dying out but Face Book is still pretty big. I mainly got on it to re-connect with old friends, distant relatives, and old class mates. The ones who post all their drama can be blocked while remaining friends with them. If you leave all their apps and games alone you'll be pretty safe. If you ensure the address at the top is "https" you have a secure connection. I've even become good friends with an ex-girlfriend from high school there!! And you can block everyone except your friends from seeing your pictures and posts by being very selective about your privacy settings. I does seem some of the kids out there are just competing to collect as many "friends" as they can get whether they know them or will ever meet them in real life or not. I also "like" IRV2.com there and post the link to this forum and a few of the others I belong to on occasion. It's YOUR page to make it and of it what you want!!
Agreed.

I don't play those silly games like "Farmville" or "Mafia Wars" or "Poker" or whatever.

I did, since joining about a year ago, get in contact with many, MANY of my long lost GOOD friends from high school, college and Army.

Without FB, I don't think I would have found them.

If you don't give out personal information about yourself, I think it's a relatively safe medium....
Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #27
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
I don't spend much time there anymore. I tried to keep in touch with some people I had been close to but found most of it was a complete waste of time. Probably going to drop out.
That's about where I am.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #28

Yep, good place to keep track of my extended family. We were able to put together a family reunion last year and let everyone know, but it is a big time waster especially if you play any games...quit that and don't go on it much now. kkd