Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you on Facebook?
Yes 84 68.85%
No 38 31.15%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Are you on Facebook?

Who's on Face book?
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
IRV2 is!

Click here.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #3

I used to be. Friended a bunch of former co-workers. Some of them had to tell everyone every little detail of their day each and every day. I failed to see how this was a good thing and quit.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #4

I am. No friends. No photo. No info. Joined so I could access a couple of groups, including a support group for the families of deployed soldiers (82nd Airborne). Have studiously NOT friended anyone, including my SO.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #5

Facebook was a fad and is fading fast!
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

I am the most boring person in the world on facebook, but I have some funny friends who I get a kick out of.

There are benefits to this media. I have seen it used in disasters/events where you can't get through to loved ones via phones, etc, and notes on facebook have connected folks with one another.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I am but for the life of me I don't know why. I am seriously considering deactivating my account.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Well, we must be the exception because we are and love it. I have to say that there are MANY friends and family we would completely lose touch with if it weren't for FB. Yeah, some of them feel it's necessary to share what they had for lunch every day but it's easy to ignore that in favor of the substantial stuff. FB has helped shape the agenda for many of our travels because we now are going to see friends we would have never thought to try and contact if it weren't for exchanges on FB.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
IC2

I'm not, wont ever be. My DW is - and is amazed at how all those folks you couldn't stand in your high school, college and work years now want to be your best friends. I'm very active in my community and am forever getting asked to open an account so I can be 'better informed'. Not gonna happen. There were some articles in the past few days as to how many people have quit in the last couple of months - in the millions worldwide.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
Facebook was a fad and is fading fast!
IMHO, "Facebook" may or may not be growing but social media is here to stay. How many of us couldn't understand why anyone would need a cell phone or laptop when they first came out?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #11

I don't spend much time there anymore. I tried to keep in touch with some people I had been close to but found most of it was a complete waste of time. Probably going to drop out.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #12

Nope, not us. Too many issues result from spreading your information around the internet as it is without creating a personal portal to your life. Hacking still happens folks, we are just numb to it now. Some folks post what they are doing hourly, (self-importance hard at work).
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
One of my favorite items on my new android phone is it's killer facebook app. As good as irv2's!

I've been on facebook for a while. I don't post a lot, but enjoy reading what others post, and mostly enjoy keeping track of my extended family on it.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
I am. No friends. No photo. No info. Joined so I could access a couple of groups, including a support group for the families of deployed soldiers (82nd Airborne). Have studiously NOT friended anyone, including my SO.
If you have family in the 82nd send them over to http://www.armyparatrooper.org - it's probably the best web site there is for us paratroopers, past, present, and future, as well as paratroopers' families!