Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #15

.......... support our troops, they are our kids

Their precious life's will be missed at Thanksgiving tables, and sons and daughters will be asking their mothers " why was it Daddy was killed?"

......... Fire their Boss that can't seem to find his rear end with both hands.

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:
Hopefully they will be loyal and patriotic enough by listening to their upbringing to be willing to stand up and fight for their country and preserve your's and other liberals like you, the continued privilege (not right) to ride around in your new RV's and automobiles and criticize those who believe in defending freedom... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but the Iraq war has absolutely nothing to do with our being able to ride around in our cars and RV's. The only thing it's done is make it a lot more expensive. Iraq has never at any point in history been a threat to our Freedom. The only people to have benefited from this war are corporate friends of the administration.

Let's just hope we have learned enough from the last few years that we start using our brain to think with before we act. Blind faith, or partriotism is a very dangerous thing. Just look at what its done to our country in the last 6 years.

Rather than just repeating the same old catch phrases, like "Cut and Run" or "They hate us for our Freedom" put some brain power behind it. What is the real difference between leaving Iraq now or ten years from now. Personally I don't like seeing our kids dieing there every day. Maybe for you it's a money issue, and you'd rather see hundreds of billions of dollars spent to take Mexicans back across the border. I'd like to see our resources being used to respond to tragedies in our own country like Katrina.

The real question is what do we get if we do stay in Iraq? What do they get? I think the answer to both of these questions is Nothing!

Blind faith in a president who thinks he is above the law is definitely not the answer.

Michael
2005 Dutch Star 40 w/4 slides
2005 BMW K1200LT on lift
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid

Old 06-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #17

Open ,baby.
Thank the powers above that there are men and women willing to go above and beyond their American duty.We are a great country,we must do what it takes to remain the power we are.Our troops are even willing to fight for those who think its wrong.My Dad and uncles were there,when the wussies were spitting on them as they got off of planes.Shame on you.To suggest letting Sudam and the rest of the terrorist alone,they are not bothering us is treason.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #18

What's gets me is if this was sweet heart Bill Clinton, He would be praised ever day for what a great job he is doing. Between Monica and giving guidence systems ( you know for warheads) for campagine donations, He didn't have time to do anything for the country, but sell it out! Who do you think they will be aimed at?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #19

Sorry...I'm too sensitive to this topic. I apologize.

Marcia
Old 06-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #20

Marcia,
No apology necessary. I loved the straightforward post you made. I sent the response I was about to post to you in email, hope that is alright. 27 years active duty retired senior enlisted leader here.

What the folks we protect never seem to acknowledge is that the military people are apolitcal by and large. We aren't right wingers or left. We are acutely aware that we are sworn to obey our CIC (Commander In Chief,) regardless of his politics.
RV Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #21

Marcia, I found your post both touching and very informative.I am glad I had a chance to read it.I try to remain open to every ones political views.Sometimes it touches a nerve.Keep the faith and Thank your Husband for me and my Family.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #22

It's perfectly alright and thank you. I'm looking forward to navigating my way out of the tornado.

Marcia
Old 06-28-2006, 12:06 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Michael you are so right.

It is a shame that so many people live their lives wearing flag covered glasses. Thinking that those of us who see beyond the "patriotism" are somehow unAmerican.

I am not against our troups, if anything I am so much more for the troups than those who wave the flag and send our kids off to fight a lost cause so the Halliburtons, the Bushes and the like can fleece us all and make billions.

Our troups need all our support. So lets do something and bring them home where they belong.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:22 AM   #24

Some you still seem to imply that Iraq or Sadam had something to do with 9/11. How much more evidence do you need? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or any other terrorist attack that directly affected the US. He did torture and kill his own people, 15 years ago. We are doing the same thing to the people of Iraq today. How do you justify that he was so wrong for torture and killing and we are so right for torture and killing? This is what the rest of the world fails to understand and is the reason we are hated all over the world.

I've never heard of any troops coming back from Iraq that were spit on. So apparently Frankie is talking about something that happened 30+ years ago? Anyone even remember why we were in Viet Nam? What is it we accomplished there? In any case that's history. It's over and there is nothing we can do about it, but we can hope to learn from it. In any case it has nothing to do with Iraq and it's time to move on.

All we hear these days it support the troops. The Boys and they are truly Boys and Girls who are fighting in Iraq have no real choice in the matter. They didn't start the war. The implication is that if you don't support the war you are not supporting the troops. That is 100% BS. As ruby2sday said the Americans who are truly supporting the troops want to bring them home, ALIVE, and with all their arms and legs.

Don't you think it's a little demoralizing to fight a war that was start on a lie and has no objective? We all know that once we leave, now or 10 years from now, the blood bath will continue and then the Iraq will form a government of their choice, not ours. You know this is starting to sound just like Viet Nam isn't it? When will we ever learn?

Now Frankie says that all of us who don't blindly follow our President are guilty of treason. This the same president who committed our country to war based on lies. This is the same president who only complies with laws he agrees with. I think there are people who are guilty of treason, but it's not the 60 to 70% of the population who disagree with Bush.

Michael
2005 Dutch Star 40' w/4 slides
2005 BMW K1200LT on lift
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Old 06-28-2006, 09:17 AM   #25

I'm a Vietnam vet. I had no intention of being in the military but as my luck would have it I was drafted. I went to Vietnam in October of 1968. The war would have been over except for the help provided to North Vietnam by the US Media and the Anti-War protesters. Approximately 50,000 American deaths can be attributed to the help provided by the US Media and War Protesters. I see the same happening today.

Following is a description of a book written about the Vietnam War by the Vietnamese Commanding General.

Born: 1912
Place of Birth: An Xa, Vietnam
Military University: none
Wars Fought:
-World War II
-First Indochina War(French-Indochina War 1946-1954)
-Second Indochina War(Vietnam War 1965-1972)
-Third Indochina War 1979-81

Vietnam War:
Gen. Giap planned and directed the military operations against the French that culminated in their defeat at the Battle of Dien Bien Phu in 1954. During the 1960's Giap controlled guerrilla operations against South Vietnam and the United States and planned the Tet Offensive of 1968.

In his book, Giap clearly indicated that NVA troops were without sufficient supplies, and had been continually defeated time and again.

By 1968, NVA morale was at its lowest point ever. The plans for "Tet" '68 was their last desperate attempt to achieve a success, in an effort to boost the NVA morale. When it was over, General Giap and the NVA viewed the Tet '68 offensive as a failure, they were on their knees and had prepared to negotiate a surrender.

At that time, there were fewer than 10,000 U.S. casualties, the Vietnam War was about to end, as the NVA was prepared to accept their defeat. Then, they heard Walter Cronkite (former CBS News anchor and correspondent) on TV proclaiming the success of the Tet '68 offensive by the communist NVA. They were completely and totally amazed at hearing that the US Embassy had been overrun. In reality, The NVA had not gained access to the Embassy--there were some VC who had been killed on the grassy lawn, but they hadn't gained access. Further reports indicated the riots and protesting on the streets of America.

According to Giap, these distorted reports were inspirational to the NVA. They changed their plans from a negotiated surrender and decided instead, they only needed to persevere for one more hour, day, week, month, eventually the protesters in American would help them to achieve a victory they knew they could not win on the battlefield. Remember, this decision was made at a time when the U.S. casualties were fewer than 10,000, at the end of 1967, beginning of 1968.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've never heard of any troops coming back from Iraq that were spit on. So apparently Frankie is talking about something that happened 30+ years ago? Anyone even remember why we were in Viet Nam? What is it we accomplished there? In any case that's history. It's over and there is nothing we can do about it, but we can hope to learn from it. In any case it has nothing to do with Iraq and it's time to move on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your post reminded me of this,Gee I wonder why!!Dont matter what year it is , the thinking is the same

Now Frankie says that all of us who don't blindly follow our President are guilty of treason. This the same president who committed our country to war based on lies. This is the same president who only complies with laws he agrees with. I think there are people who are guilty of treason, but it's not the 60 to 70% of the population who disagree with Bush.

Hey man, I dealt with the Clinton years,save your spiel. Your figures are wrong,oh forgive me,did you read that in the Post,must be fact. Sorry , I dont live in La La land.I believe in fighting for truth and justice,hippie thinking got me nothing but a welfare check and a bad case of the munchies!!!

Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #27

As a Viet Nam Vet. and having spent a total of 30 years and 2 months on the US military,(4 yrs US Navy, 26 yrs US Coast Guard) Retired CWO4 Gunner, I bow to no man in patriotism to my country. I reserve the right to disagree with this administration, and no one better question my patriotism or my motives. I have voted in every presidential election since I voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964. He would be ashamed to call himself a Republican now. He was a man of honor, a quality that this president and the last one also seem to lack! We had every right to take out Afganistan and we should and could have finished the job right it we hadn't gone to Iraq!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #28
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
So what do we tell the "KID" now that we made a mistake. Close the blinds, pull the troops and wait for the blinds to be blown open by the people have no reguard for life. I guess we better start to bare arms, friends.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote