Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #85

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm just now beating the city back on my criminal charges for using mulch in my yard. I made a lot of people angry by buying my family home from my father's trust. They wanted it to go on the market so they could have a chance at it. Now, they're trying to harrass me into selling. NO WAY! Evil succeeds when good men do nothing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand......why was the city mad at you for buying your father's house, and why do they want you to sell it?????

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

Richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #86

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm just now beating the city back on my criminal charges for using mulch in my yard. I made a lot of people angry by buying my family home from my father's trust. They wanted it to go on the market so they could have a chance at it. Now, they're trying to harrass me into selling. NO WAY! Evil succeeds when good men do nothing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand......why was the city mad at you for buying your father's house, and why do they want you to sell it????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were 'People of Influance' who were waiting for my father to die. Often when a parent dies, the kids sell the house, often very cheaply. That's what they anticiapted would happen. But, I bought it instead, in a private sale. Now, they are trying to harasse me into selling. The 1st charges were filed while the property (1/2 acre 8 miles from downtown) Los Angeles) was pending rezoning to multi-family. There's a condo around the corner on a lot 1/5th the size of mine. It has 27 units that sell for ~$450K-~$600k, they are 30 yrs old w/ NO view. condos on my lot would be new w/ beautiful mountian views out the front & park views out the back.
Do the math. 5X$600K+x27 That's a whole lot of reasons for them to want my property! I just want my house. It's not the city itself, it's the contractors that sit on the city council.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #87

My Blinds are open...and my 'tater guns are loaded.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lwmuddy:
All this talk of GOD. Our God is better then Their God. They say that Their God is better then our God. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad part is that THEIR God and OUR God is all the same entity. A Belief. Just different first names, so to speak.

If everyone hates each other so much why don't they just stay home and play video games or table pong or something?

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Schinske-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #88

I hope that the young boy who asked the question about war to begin with wasn't tramatized by his fathers answer? As for the discussion on the house that the city is trying to get....maybe the owner should do the math. Buddy the figures you quoted adds up to 81 million dollars, perhaps you need to sell or develop and buy yourself a nicer coach and maybe a nicer lifestyle.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #89

It's interesting to see what has happened since this thread started.

I can't imagine anyone thinking the civil war in Iraq is getting better or that we are closer to winning whatever it is we are attempting to win.

The demonstrations on the 4th anniversary of the fall of Baghdad brought thousands of people to the streets. They want us out of their country now, not next week or next year, now. If we didn't believe the polls that say we are not very popular we should pay attention to these demonstrations. American lives may depend on it.

What's next, well the Sunnis and Shiites appear to be close to recognizing that maybe it's more important to fight us than each other?

Twice as many US soldiers are dieing there now that before the surge. Just think what will happen when this changes from a religious civil war to a war against us. Their war has been going on for a thousand years what's a year or two off to rid their country of occupiers?

We discussed voter fraud. Was anyone paying attention during the last election? Looks like we'll hear a lot more about that in the next few weeks, as our attorney general testifies before congress.

What truly surprises me is that most of the country supports our troops. However, it seems to be a short term love affair. Why aren't we concerned about the care they get once our wounded soldiers return home?

This thread is really interesting as it gives a short term look at how we felt just a few short months ago and what has happened since.

We just got back from a family trip to Costa Rica. It was really nice to have no idea what has happening back home!

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40' 4 slide
2005 BMW K1200LT motorcycle on lift
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 AM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Open blinds and a closed mind are a dangerous combination. JMO
Old 04-11-2007, 06:26 AM   #91
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We will probally be coming home sooner than later the way the politics are starting to play out. We now have Generals refusing to step up to command.
We will need them on all our borders because no one else will be helping us.
If you are on a quite island some place its best you stay there because that maybe the only place, safe to be.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just on the news, Extending all military tours in Iraq to 15 months. Aren't we asking too much of too few? The military needs to be expanded so we can do what's needed, when it's needed. We can't go on doing tax cuts for the wealthy and expect the military to defend us on the cheap!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #93

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Our Blinds are always open.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #94

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hondo122:
Just on the news, Extending all military tours in Iraq to 15 months. Aren't we asking too much of too few? The military needs to be expanded so we can do what's needed, when it's needed. We can't go on doing tax cuts for the wealthy and expect the military to defend us on the cheap! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right on the money. It's obvious to everyone, including Iran, that we are stretched way to thin. Iraq has shown the world that we are not nearly as powerful as they once thought.

What truly shocks me is that so many talk so much about supporting our troops, but when they return home without arms and legs we put them in a room with rats, little medical care, and forget about them. Out of sight, out of mind! Tax cuts for the wealthy and privatization have created Walter Reed. Don't our wounded soldiers who have put their lives on the line for so little deserve more?

Doesn't it make sense to at least have some kind of short term goal in Iraq? Anyone want to bet that in six months nothing in Iraq will have changed other than a thousand more dead Americans and thousands of others wounded. It's such a terrible waste.

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40's 4 slide
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #95

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The demonstrations on the 4th anniversary of the fall of Baghdad brought thousands of people to the streets. They want us out of their country now, not next week or next year, now. If we didn't believe the polls that say we are not very popular we should pay attention to these demonstrations. American lives may depend on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that thousands, 10k-20k-30k represent the popular opinion of Iraq. Mostly young people attended the rally. Mostly fanatics?

Before the "Global War on Terror" do you believe they would have been able to march? Of course it wouldn't have been a march against Bush, could you imagine a march against Sadam?

"It was leadership here at home that gave us strong American influence abroad, and the collapse of imperial Communism. Great nations have responsibilities to lead, and we should always be cautious of those who would lower our profile, because they might just wind up lowering our flag." President Ronald Reagan 1994

I think those words pretty well sum it all up. No one else will lead the war against the very real fanatics. How can you reason with people who will willing blow themselves up in the name of "Islam".

Here is another view, posting courtesy of Joanie (apackof2) in the Hugo thread.

Mathias Dapfner, Chief Executive of the huge German publisher Axel Springer AG, has written a blistering attack in DIE WELT, Germany 's largest daily paper, against the timid reaction of Europe in the face of the Islamic threat.

EUROPE - THY NAME IS COWARDICE

(Commentary by Mathias Dapfner CEO, Axel Springer, AG)

A few days ago Henry Broder wrote in Welt am Sonntag, " Europe - your family name is appeasement." It's a phrase you can't get out of your head because it's so terribly true.

Appeasement cost millions of Jews and non-Jews their lives, as England and France, allies at the time, negotiated and hesitated too long before they noticed that Hitler had to be fought, not bound to toothless agreements.

Appeasement legitimized and stabilized Communism in the Soviet Union, then East Germany , then all the rest of Eastern Europe , where for decades, inhuman suppressive, murderous governments were glorified as the ideologically correct alternative to all other possibilities.

Appeasement crippled Europe when genocide ran rampant in Kosovo, and even though we had absolute proof of ongoing mass-murder, we Europeans debated and debated and debated, and were still debating when finally the Americans had to come from halfway around the world, into Europe yet again, and do our work for us.

Rather than protecting democracy in the Middle East, European Appeasement, camouflaged behind the fuzzy word "equidistance," now countenances suicide bombings in Israel by fundamentalist Palestinians.

Appeasement generates a mentality that allows Europe to ignore nearly 500,000 victims of Saddam's torture and murder machinery and, motivated by the self-righteousness of the peace movement, has the gall to issue bad grades to George Bush... Even as it is uncovered that the loudest critics of the American action in Iraq made illicit billions, no, TENS of billions, in the corrupt U.N. Oil-for-Food program.

And now we are faced with a particularly grotesque form of appeasement. How is Germany reacting to the escalating violence by Islamic Fundamentalists in Holland and elsewhere? By suggesting that we really should have a "Muslim Holiday" in Germany ?

I wish I were joking, but I am not. A substantial fraction of our (German) Government, and if the polls are to be believed, the German people, actually believe that creating an Official State "Muslim Holiday" will somehow spare us from the wrath of the fanatical Islamists. One cannot help but recall Britain 's Neville Chamberlain waving the laughable treaty signed by Adolph Hitler and declaring European "Peace in our time".

What else has to happen before the European public and its political leadership get it? There is a sort of crusade underway, an especially perfidious crusade consisting of systematic attacks by fanatic Muslims, focused on civilians, directed against our free, open Western societies, and intent upon Western Civilization's utter destruction.

It is a conflict that will most likely last longer than any of the great military conflicts of the last century - a conflict conducted by an enemy that cannot be tamed by "tolerance" and "accommodation" but is actually spurred on by such gestures, which have proven to be, and will always be taken by the Islamists for signs of weakness. Only two recent American Presidents had the courage needed for Anti-appeasement: Reagan and Bush.

His American critics may quibble over the details, but we Europeans know the truth. We saw it first hand: Ronald Reagan ended the Cold War, freeing half of the German people from nearly 50 years of terror and virtual slavery. And Bush, supported only by the Social Democrat Blair, acting on moral conviction, recognized the danger in the Islamic War against Democracy. His place in history will have to be evaluated after a number of years have passed.

In the meantime, Europe sits back with charismatic self-confidence in the multicultural corner, instead of defending liberal society's values and being an attractive center of power on the same playing field as the true great powers, America and China .

On the contrary - we Europeans present ourselves, in contrast to those "arrogant Americans", as the World Champions of "tolerance", which even ( Germany 's Interior Minister) Otto Schily justifiably criticizes. Why? Because we're so moral? I fear it's more because we're so materialistic, so devoid of a moral compass.

For his policies, Bush risks the fall of the dollar, huge amounts of additional national debt, and a massive and persistent burden on the American economy - because unlike almost all of Europe , Bush realizes what is at stake - literally everything.

While we criticize the "capitalistic robber barons" of America because they seem too sure of their priorities, we timidly defend our Social Welfare systems. Stay out of it! It could get expensive! We'd rather discuss reducing our 35-hour workweek or our dental coverage, or our 4 weeks of paid vacation... Or listen to TV pastors preach about the need to "reach out to terrorists. To understand and forgive".

These days, Europe reminds me of an old woman who, with shaking hands, frantically hides her last pieces of jewelry when she notices a robber breaking into a neighbor's house.

Appeasement?

Europe, thy name is Cowardice.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:39 AM   #96

What truly shocks me is that so many talk so much about supporting our troops, but when they return home without arms and legs we put them in a room with rats, little medical care, and forget about them. Out of sight, out of mind! Tax cuts for the wealthy and privatization have created Walter Reed. Don't our wounded soldiers who have put their lives on the line for so little deserve more? [QUOTE]Originally posted by Vegascpl:

So I am wondering what are you DOING to support the troops? Did you even know about the conditions of Building 18 before the story broke?

Yet you assume that others don't care about our wounded troops?

Please....

Well here's your chance to put some action to your "shock"...

http://www.homesforourtroops.org/site/PageServer

Homes for Our Troops is a non-partisan, non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization that provides specially adapted homes for our severely wounded service members of our military. Through our growing network of donations from building contractors, suppliers, corporate supporters and local volunteers, we are able to provide our assistance at no cost to the veterans that we serve.
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #97

Tom, lets keep it real, my friend.

If you believe the thousands of people who were in the streets protesting then at least read the Iraq polls. There have been many and all of them show that the vast majority of the people in Iraq do not want us there. If you don't want to watch the news just do a search. You can find all kinds of links and none of them will back up the position that the people in Iraq want us there. Far more people in Iraq have died because Bush declared war on Iraq than Sadam ever killed. The people there are far worse off today than they were 4 years ago.

While it is true they could not have had a demonstration against Sadam. They could at least walk the streets without fear of being blow up or kidnapped in their homes and slaughtered.

Even in this country the Land of the Free, people are many times arrested on trumped up charges when they protest Bush's war.

You imply that this was has something to do with terrorism. Iraq had nothing what so ever to do with 911. Our friends the Saudi's had a lot to do with 911. Iraq was never a threat to us. There was no terrorism threat from Iraq until we invaded Iraq. There is still no terrorism threat from Iraq.

Iraq is a civil war that has been going on for over 1000 years. We upset the balance. Sadam was probably the only person who could have kept Iraq together as a country.

The big danger is, if we don't get out, is that the two sides will decide to put aside their religious differences temporarily to focus on what they see as a greater problem, our occupation of their country. When that happens, far more American kids will die. Don't believe me? Let's revisit this in 6 months to see what has happened.

Joanie, I think it's wonderful that people have come together to help. It's a valiant effort just like all the people who volunteered help and money after Katrina. Personally we donated all we could to Katrina victims. I'm not a proponent of big government but there are something's that are so big that we really need government. If Bush is going to send our kids to fight his war then the least he could do is provide for them when they return home and not able to provide for themselves. Excellent medical care for our wounded soldiers should be expected. We should be hanging our heads in shame over the way we have treated returning wounded soldiers.

I know we all have different opinions and there is really nothing wrong with that. However, I don't hear anyone saying things will get better and after 4 years that is the very least we should expect.

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40' 4 slide
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #98

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Joanie, I think it's wonderful that people have come together to help. It's a valiant effort just like all the people who volunteered help and money after Katrina. Personally we donated all we could to Katrina victims. I'm not a proponent of big government but there are something's that are so big that we really need government. If Bush is going to send our kids to fight his war then the least he could do is provide for them when they return home and not able to provide for themselves. Excellent medical care for our wounded soldiers should be expected. We should be hanging our heads in shame over the way we have treated returning wounded soldiers.

I know we all have different opinions and there is really nothing wrong with that. However, I don't hear anyone saying things will get better and after 4 years that is the very least we should expect.

Michael </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The troops shouldn't have to resort to charity, they are OWED the respect and care of their nation. We as a people need to make the required sacrifices, through the tax system, to pay for what they deserve!