Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
Don't forget to bring your proof of citizenship papers to exit Arizona!
We will make certain that we have our US passports next year.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #16

We just got back from a week in Camp Verde AZ, kinda centrally located near Sedona and a truly spectacular bunch of "things to do" if you like North American anthropology and just kicking around the high desert. Probably kinda cool in the winter, but the shoulder season was fabulous except for some days of extreme wind.

Locals were most accomodating, and nobody asked us to prove citizenship (of course we weren't breaking any laws and per the new state law you have to do that to invoke the paperwork exercise; also for those who haven't checked out any facts, a current non-forged driver's license proves you are legit, i.e. don't need the passport). I look forward to our next trip to AZ.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, g'morning Dick & Pat:

(Re: Benson/Sierra Vista area for winter RV'ing)

We're originally out of Duluth, MN, North of you, but have been fulltiming since 05, often spending winters in either AZ, or Florida (where son's family lives) or in TX along the Gulf Coast N. of Corpus Christi.

Yup, the Benson/Sierra Vista area is cooler than, say..Tucson, or Casa Grande, or Yuma, BUT....we too think it's a great area to poke around in during the winter months. Evenings, nights, and early mornings can (but not necessarily) be cold or cool (20's to 40's) so often ya can't sit outside to enjoy an evening sunset, but by mid a.m. that ol sun has warmed things up to short sleeve living temps !! Oh, we had to fly up to DesMoines last JANUARY 8TH for my daughter's wedding....and....ran into -20's with -40's and -50's windchills in the driving blizzard you guys had....and....Benson or Sierra Vista would have been just GRAND then!!!

Are ya planning to spend some time down there this coming winter?? I know we'll be in the area and it'd be fun gettin together for coffee sometime.

Steve & Lynette
Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Steve & Lynette: Thanks for the AZ info...sent you a PM this morning with a few more questions

Dick
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #19

Lindsay Richards - know what you mean about the "skimpy bikini's". Tell you how old I am getting - we were there last March, during spring break, and I paid more attention to the boats than the girls!
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #20

I still like to watch the girls, but I forget why.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #21

I like EVERYWHERE! My beautiful bride of likes to spend Christmas in the snow. A quick drive to Flagstaff can take care of that. The day after Christmas you are back in Phoenix and it's 65 degrees.
What is it that you would like? More than likely, you can find it somewhere in the SW during the Winter. You may not want to limit yourself to AZ but AZ is certainly a great starting place!
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carefree. This will be our first winter coming up. We will camp at my wife's sister and brother in law's property. We are setting up a full hookup site on their beautiful ex-horse property.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #23

We will spend a month or so in Apache Junction, then in Jan. go to S/E of Tucson for a month or so. That is as close to the border as I want to be.
Al, Michigan.
Al, Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #24

We go to Az, and neither of us has a passport. I don't want to leave the good ole USA. That is where I spend our money.
Al, Michigan.
Al, Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
I have been in and out of AZ for years; lots to do there and you can choose your climate cold in Flagstaff, warm and sunny in Yuma, busy in the PHX metro area and busy in Tucson as well. Sierra Vista can get cold and with a wind it has a bite, but if your from cold country you'll never notice it :-)

A lot of the hoopala about the new AZ law is just plan old fashioned BS. Zoonies are friendly especialy in smaller communities and they like the snowbird business as it makes a big contribution to the economy.

So my advice is to go enjoy if you don't like the weather where you are just hitch up and move to another part of the state that suits you. Theres lots of beach, but no surf LOL