Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Thumbs up Arkansas

Well tomorrow we head for Hot Spring AR. For a week then we head back home for just a little time. Then we head out to the state of TN. We had a good time here in Branson MO. Good weather good food in lot's of nice people
Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like a great trip. I love Hot Springs; very pretty country around there. Have fun.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #3

Thank you Sarah. We are hoping for a good time there. It will be are first trip there we have never been there before. So we are looking for a good time. Do you know any good place's to eat there
Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Richard there are all sorts of restaurants in Hot Springs, depending on the type of food you like. We enjoyed touring the local winery and walking through "Bathhouse Row" where the original hot springs bath houses are.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
For seafood try Cajun Broilers, steaks and sandwiches KJ's grill, world famous B-B-Que try McClards. Have often run into celebrities eating there.
Hope you enjoy Hot Springs, I will be there park hoisting for 2 weeks starting May 1. Just got back from Branson.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Richard, if you have time going to or coming back from hot springs stop for a night at the Rv park on Ar river just off I-30 and visit the Clinton Presidential Library and the river market area. Both are acessable by trolley or walking across river on pedestrian bridge, converted from old train tressels.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We stayed a week @ Maumelle Public use area right by Pinnacle Mountain State Park - worth the hike for the overlooks of the River, eagles, etc...

then took a day trip to see Petite Jean - pretty drive !
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #8

We have a beautiful state, great for camping, and a great central location for all travel, but watch the delta (eastern) area... Mosquitoes are as big as sparrows.... Lived on that side of the state for 50 years.... Second on Cajun Boilers and McClards.... Live close to Maumelle Park on the AR River... Nice rv park... The one in downtown is ok for being in a downtown.... Can walk across old rail bridge to Clinton Library.... Enjoy, just ask, people here are very friendly.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #9

Richard, was thinking of going through Branson MO on our way to SC this summer. They have sent us the brochures but from some one that's just been there, any ideas or thing we should see. Also any of ideas of routes south from Branson through Arkansas? Enjoy your adventure.
luvmydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydolphin View Post
Richard, was thinking of going through Branson MO on our way to SC this summer. They have sent us the brochures but from some one that's just been there, any ideas or thing we should see. Also any of ideas of routes south from Branson through Arkansas? Enjoy your adventure.

DW and I will be heading back to Branson MO, We loved the Branson Belle and had a good time at the Presleys' Country Jubilee, a few we are adding will be Clay Cooper's Country Music Express, and Joseph which we heard is the last year for that one. Have yet to see any bad shows. Enjoy your trip and safe travels
rigrunner610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #11

When are you going to be there in Branson
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydolphin View Post
South out of Branson, take US 65. Good road, some 2 lane but not bad. At Conway AR pick up I-40 East. Worth a overnight stop in Little Rock, stay at campground on North Little Rock side of river, just off I-30' and able to walk pedestrian bridge to Market Area in LR or ride trolley to Clinton Presidential Library. Don't even have to unhook toad. Next AM back North on I-30 to I-40 East toward Memphis.

Saw Joseph at sight and sound theater earlier this month, Great! Of the campgrounds we've stayed at in Branson area, ABC Campground we like the best.

If your not in a hurry there are lots of good sights across the northern parts of AR that you could visit, Mountain View, Mountain Home, several lakes, caverns,you missed the Strawberry festival but enjoy your trip.

l'm a life long AR resident that travels North thru Branson about every 6 weeks to see son and his family. didNt mean to answer in place of Richard but in addition.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #13

I appreciate the info. Will be travelling the beginning of July. We aren't booked in Myrtle till July 15th so have a couple of weeks to explore (usually takes a good 6 350-400 mile days to get there from Winnipeg). This year instead of heading east on I 70 (from I 29) we thought we would just head south from Kansas City. Received a great vacation package from Tourism Arkansas so thought we would head south from Kansas City to Branson, into Arkansas on our way to Atlanta (or even a little further south of Atlanta), then onto SC. Not familiar with this area at all so all the info appreciated. Richard, are the RV parks right in Branson? Looking at vacation booklet and seem to be many in the area. Any suggestions?
luvmydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #14

Dont miss Stubby's BBQ
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas