Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
As Seajay would say "Shux"

Leaving Bullhead City AZ today we pulled up stakes and DW followed me up the street in the toad so that I could get fuel without having the toad to worry about. Turned left at the light and DW did the same. Note in Oregon left turn lights are either green for left turn or red. In AZ lights are green arrow left or solid green left but yield for oncoming traffic. DW failed to see the yield on green sign. She was nailed by a Lincoln Navigator at the passenger side rear wheel. Thank God no one was injured . It is hard to say at this time if our 08 Explorer is totaled or not but it did not look good. We were lucky to be able to get back in to the same RV park we were in even got the same site. I thank God that neither DW or the other cars passengers were injured. The bruises and sore areas are starting to show up but overall things could have been much worse, Be careful out there and keep us in your prayers.
bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #2

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank god they are all ok. Better to have broken toad then broken wife. Prayers are with you

Ron & Wendy 94 Pace Arrow 454
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Happens even to the best of drivers. I'm just glad no one was hurt bad & main damage was only to vehicles.

I'll have to pay attention to left turn solid greens if I get to OR. I'd be sitting there yielding to oncoming wondering why cars behind were honking at me. OH has green arrows for turn, but yield on solid green.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Brian, we are holding you close to our heart. Let us know how this works out. Our insurance went up after our little accident, so get ready for that, but, and that is a big one, we are glad no one was injured.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
note to bdpreece...... Sorry to hear of your ladies accident and I truly hope all is well with her by now.
In your article I noticed that you used the word ''Shux'' and I have some really bad news for you. According to my law firm (Catchum, Cheatum and Run) that represents me in all legal matters you used this word (''Shux'') without authorization or permission from myself and the penalty for such un authorized usage is the fine of ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me. When I joined IRV2 I requested a ''trade mark'' registration on ''Shux and Thingie'' and the admins said I could ''trademark register'' these two words in my name for exclusive use by myself as necessary for the total price of twenty five cents and half a box of Cherioos and a small thorn bush. I hate to add insult to injury after your accident but ''Rules is Rules'' and without ''Rules'' all we go is anarchy and that aint fit to eat no matter how much sugar you put on it. ..LOL..

Hope your lady is ok and I am honored to be quoted by you in any posting on here .........
Be safe my brother ....

God bless our troops and bring them home really soon ...
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Brian, it could have been worse. You could have been driving the vehicle that had the accident. You know how that would have gone. Shux would not have been sufficient.

Glad everyone is okay, except for ego's.

My wife reminds me that she had never had an accident. I have to remind her that her statement only applies to other vehicles. Ripping off mirrors two times coming out of the garage does not count in her opinion.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
note to bdpreece...... Sorry to hear of your ladies accident and I truly hope all is well with her by now.
In your article I noticed that you used the word ''Shux'' and I have some really bad news for you. According to my law firm (Catchum, Cheatum and Run) that represents me in all legal matters you used this word (''Shux'') without authorization or permission from myself and the penalty for such un authorized usage is the fine of ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me. When I joined IRV2 I requested a ''trade mark'' registration on ''Shux and Thingie'' and the admins said I could ''trademark register'' these two words in my name for exclusive use by myself as necessary for the total price of twenty five cents and half a box of Cherioos and a small thorn bush. I hate to add insult to injury after your accident but ''Rules is Rules'' and without ''Rules'' all we go is anarchy and that aint fit to eat no matter how much sugar you put on it. ..LOL..

Hope your lady is ok and I am honored to be quoted by you in any posting on here .........
Be safe my brother ....

God bless our troops and bring them home really soon ...
Seajay; I sincerely believe,and, after consulting with my law firm of Dewey Cheatum and Howe that I have given due credit to your trademark. However in order to make amends and in consideration of the fact that the DW and the passengers in the other car were able to walk away from this physically unscathed I have made a donation in both her name and yours to a nearby local religious institution.

God Bless

USAF rules the sky!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Brian, it could have been worse. You could have been driving the vehicle that had the accident. You know how that would have gone. Shux would not have been sufficient.

Glad everyone is okay, except for ego's.

My wife reminds me that she had never had an accident. I have to remind her that her statement only applies to other vehicles. Ripping off mirrors two times coming out of the garage does not count in her opinion.
Wayne, over the years it has always been I that screwed up and for that I have paid dearly. Now after 50 years of driving she has had her first ticket and accident and I just don't have the heart to rub it in. Plus after all these years I think I may have learned something.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
It is really hard to "learn somthing" this way. I know how you feel, as I felt the same way last year after I sideswiped that jeep with the MH. Glad all I did was scuff the paint and bend the exhaust pipe a little. A crescent wrench fixed the pipe and rubbing the scuffs with Protect All, took most of that out. No one was hurt, and it only cost us 2500 in insurance payment. Now they are making that back with much higher premiums, and no cash back for three years. What a racket they have.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #10

I feel for your situation and fully believe in keeping your silence. Bringing it up with not improve things at all. "It is what it is" and you just go on.

I have had my share of "oh oh's" through the years, but being of the stronger sex, I was never accused of driving so slow that horns honked behind me.

On the other hand, the DW is now 62 and has yet to get her first citation. A fact she never fails to whip me with
AZgl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Wayne, over the years it has always been I that screwed up and for that I have paid dearly. Now after 50 years of driving she has had her first ticket and accident and I just don't have the heart to rub it in. Plus after all these years I think I may have learned something.
Brian,
Give it a couple more months. You'll come around.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Seajay; I sincerely believe,and, after consulting with my law firm of Dewey Cheatum and Howe that I have given due credit to your trademark. However in order to make amends and in consideration of the fact that the DW and the passengers in the other car were able to walk away from this physically unscathed I have made a donation in both her name and yours to a nearby local religious institution.

God Bless

USAF rules the sky!
My law firm of ''Catchum, Cheatum, and Run'' has consulted with your law firm concerning equitable compensation to my self concerning the ten cents owed to myself for said matter. They have advised me that since you made donations in her name and my name to local religious institutions that no further prosecution concerning this matter concerning yourself and your law firm and myself and my law firm is necessary.
Again, I am glad that everyone ''walked away'' with only bent paint.
It should be understood that by this negotiation that you are not given a ''card blank'' permission to use said words at your discretion. Again, RULES IS RULES..

Go Air Force...... How do you guys see the ground from way up there?

God bless our vets for their service to this great nation.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
SNIP

Go Air Force...... How do you guys see the ground from way up there?

God bless our vets for their service to this great nation.....
For every guy/gal in the air there probably 20 or more doing support on the ground. In the six years I served I only went up once and that was to get to another base. Rumor has it that they don't really see the ground; it is all done with smoke and mirrors.