RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2020, 07:45 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
But I “came off” my horse today - didn't fall (well ok maybe I did) and injured the shoulder I recently had rebuilt through six different procedures. So I guess its back into that inefficient, expensive, time consuming medical system again tomorrow. Oh joy!
I feel your pain. I "came off" a ladder a few days before Christmas. When I came down my right hip landed on the brick flower bed wall. It swole up about the size of a soccer ball. It still hurts! I'm just thankful I didn't land on my back. I've been told that if you're over 50, you got no business on a ladder. At 66, I'm beginning to understand.
jt

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2020, 04:41 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
And every time I look over at my wine glass, its empty!
Now that's depressing, Good luck with that shoulder. It's hard to comb back that DA with a bad one.

And about that wine RW What is your preference. We currently are enjoying as our house wine 2016 cline zin, Great with meals.

Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:26 AM   #31

The OP's experience brings to mind the saying: "I won't tip toe through life to arrive safely at death". But.......
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjim View Post
Now that's depressing, Good luck with that shoulder. It's hard to comb back that DA with a bad one.

And about that wine RW What is your preference. We currently are enjoying as our house wine 2016 cline zin, Great with meals.
The shoulder healed, more or less. Turned out to be a bad sprain fortunately - nothing torn or broken. So I’m back in business now. I think I was sitting alone late at night feeling sorry for myself when I wrote that.

We live in a vineyard so we have a lot of choices (19 varieties of grapes I think) but right now I’m on a Barbera kick. We grow Petit Verdot, Petit Sirah and some table grapes on our part of the vineyard.

I guess my “favorite” is Petit Syrah and I have a couple cases of the 17 and a case of 14 keeping me busy. Ive also discovered, since moving here, that late harvest dessert wines are a delight. I never liked sweet wines, but the Dessert Syrah and Late Harvest Voignier (both available from the winery) have found their way into my cellar.

Go to https://naggiarvineyards.com/ to see the wines currently available commercially. I find about half of them pleasing to my palate but of course taste is an individual experience. They create a lot of their own blends so their names get a little confusing, if not nebulous. I like to know what grapes contributed to my wines.

I also make wine with my neighbor and we have a batch of Cabernet Franc and Viognier going, but that isn’t commercially available and of course you never really know until you bottle them. Also before moving here I wasn’t even aware of Viognier and now its probably my favorite white.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:15 PM   #33

I never stop doing, just a little slower at 70. And yes to bicycles and motorcycles, keeps the balance sharp. Onward and upward as long as the body cooperates.
J Journey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, don’t let the “old man” in, as they say....