Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Gary: Starting This past December 30th, DW's laptap would not work online, every site she went to a warning came up. "Security certificate out of date this site may be untrustworthy and could pose a hazard to your computer" Did several reboots with no change. Noticed the Date/time on the task bar was year 2212. (computer is a year old, Win7)
Went in and changed the date on the computers clock, it worked normally until turned off, then time went to 2213 again. Went to tech support, "may be an end of year glitch but had never heard of this happening". After midnight New Years eve it corrected itself.

Since the Mayan calendar ran out, I think we a losing sand from the hourglass, a little at a time....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Lacrosse has a little section on the timechange at its website, noting that sometimes it may take a day or two to see the clock make the change. But nothing about early changes!

Since more than one person has had the same problem, though, I wonder if the problem isn't with the signal itself. The "clocks" we all have are after all just radio receivers operating off a signal they get...have there been sunspots lately or anything????
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Got up this morning and all clocks were on DST. I did not stay up to see if anything unusual happened at 2 AM. At my age, hearing the 10 PM news is quite an accomplishment.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #18

Mine is a 13" Timex and has a DST disable button for non-DST areas. Musta worked, as the time is correct.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
I have several atomic clocks. These are the clocks that are set, automatically, by the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado. Got up this morning and did a double take. The clocks were set to DST last night! Anybody else have the same happen to them?
I'm in Oregon, quite a ways from Florida, and had the same experience. The clock set itself to DST early. I noticed it when I was going to set an antique pendulum clock forward. My atomic clock is Sky Scan.

Perhaps we are both in the same time warp! Da da da da da da
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #20

Gary, a couple of questions. You said they are all analog. How do they change? Do the hands move backwards at 2 ? And do they have an AM/PM indicator? Since you changed the batteries all in January, is there a chance they were all set at 12 hours early? If so, would they change at 2 pm, rather than 2 am the next morning?

Just curious.

GL Arnold
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #21

I bought an atomic clock about 10 years ago, It never has reset automatically since the government changed the DST date. Yes, it's set properly.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #22
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Someone just want to make sure you get to where you are going "on time."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
I have 2 clocks that reset for DST. One of them is always a week late but the other is on time. I think they both work off a built in program rather then WWV. One manufacturer said that it would have to be set manually ( a couple of years ago) and then would be ok from then on. So far it has been working as it should
Bob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #24

I have 2 manual clocks: the microwave, and a watch. The others all rolled over at 2AM Pacific. There are some manufacturers that check in only once a day, and if that bit wasn't set when it got sync, the clock does nothing until it does.

Dont forget that the dates changed a few years ago, and some WWV clocks get coo-coo on the new date

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Hi glarnold,
It matters not spring or fall. The hands of the clock rotate quite fast in the clockwise direction. In the spring they rotate one hour. In the fall they rotate 11 hours. It takes a minute or so in the fall. There is no am or pm. There is no date or time. The clocks only tell time, hours and minutes.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #26

Gary, thank you for that information. It helps in understanding what's happening. Now I'm really curious how the clock knows whether it is AM or PM, to change the time by an hour? And I wonder if you were to set one clock ahead by twelve hours (still showing the same time as the others), if it would act differently in the fall?

Can you plan to let us know come November?

Thanks.

GL Arnold
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Gary,

Information is free, send NIST an email asking questions.

nist.radio@boulder.nist.gov
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote