Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #1

Unhappy Atwood 8520 IV reset tripping

I know a loot about these furnaces, but this one I'd perplexing me. I had a shut down due to excess dirt accumulating on blower wheel, got it all cleaned, needed a new cover as tabs were brittle so did that too. It is running, heating, and for some reason instead of getting to temp and shutting off and turning back on, when it shut down the reset switch is tripping to off position. As soon as I flip switch it runs properly until it shuts itself off in this same way and I have to flip switch again. It's minus -15 Celsius here right now, so this is a big issue through the night. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. No codes on the board. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2....

Manual here may help:
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

The circuit breaker normally limits current flow to the motor. Are the motor and the blower wheels turning freely??

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 AM   #3

Thanks

I use the manual quite often. The motor is running great, wheel is running fast and the strange thing now is it hasn't done it for a few hours. Now I'm really not sure. I guess I'll keep an I eye on it. Hopefully it chooses not to do it again through the night.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #4

I just wanted to post that reset tripping no codes can sometimes not be what you think, finally when I reached my hand behind to limit switch to check for loose wires, it came out with what I thought was fuzzy dirt. Unfortunately it was a fuzzy cooked mouse that wat laying on limit switch! Oh so very yuck!! In my bare to boot.

Mice are an issue up here in the winter and just a note for all, don't rule it out. It seems to be running as it should now. It was very perplexing for sure. Mostly gross.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Just went back and checked, that's not in the manual after all... Thanks for the update..
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:32 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
He said the reset switch... On the Atwood furnace there is a toggle switch (Well Rocker) that is also a circuit breaker.. Is this what is tripping?

or is it the control board lockout (Turn T-Stat off and on)
Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #7

No it wasn't control board lockout, my switch which could be described as a toggle, but says off and reset and looks like a light switch, you would think it would lock out but it didn't. Absolutely gross!

Tags
atwood