Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Took my 2006 Ford Explorer to the local Ford dealer this morning for some minor repairs. While waiting I decided to look around.

New Explorer $36000

New F250 $65000

I told them to make sure mine was fixed right or I may have to start walking.
I paid $32k for an Explorer XLT with leather and navigation system last Summer. It's as nice of a vehicle as I ever want, and it gets 25 mpg at 75 mph.

My 2003 F250 Lariat crew cab diesel was also $32K 9/2002. And with only 120K miles, it's still good for another 12 years. The second 10 years is when a diesel is actually a great value.

But if I was buying a new diesel tow vehicle, I'd be going after the F350 dually XLT. Forgoing the leather seat Lariat package saves $6700--most of the cost of the diesel.

A new tow vehicle is also not in my retiree budget, however.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Thats good to know !!! Mine is a 04 Grand Cherokee, with almost every option of that year. 70K miles... I truley love it, so comfy,, great driving,,, V8, just time to get a truck (or almost time) so we can trade/sell the class A for a TT.... (or 5th W)
In our experience, it is the Wrangler that holds its value, not the other Jeep models. I am shocked by the prices of used Wranglers.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagamore View Post
Red Raider,

....there is about a $4500 difference from sticker price to invoice ( what the dealer paid for the vehicle) ....
You just made the National Automobile Dealers Association very proud of themselves, proving that people actually believe this!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Another way to look at is that Ram 3500 has a towing capacity of 30,000 lb. So if you have a 28,000 lb coach with a towing capacity of 5,000 lb it can't tow that truck, but the truck can tow the coach. The problem is I doubt they make base plates for motor homes let alone aux brake systems. Am I missing something?
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Took my 2006 Ford Explorer to the local Ford dealer this morning for some minor repairs. While waiting I decided to look around.

New Explorer $36000

New F250 $65000

I told them to make sure mine was fixed right or I may have to start walking.
Based on that my new Coach was quite a bargain.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
New car sticker prices are why our newest TOAD is an 05 and the other a 99. We refuse to take on that debt for a newer version that really is no better than what we already have.

Our Jeep is better at offroading than any pavement princess model they sell now. Esp after the things I have done to it. And that new "Cherokee" ?? That is one VERY ugly rig and sure aint no Jeep. Nor are the Dodges in drag, Patriot, Renegade & Compass. When the redo the Wrangler there wont be a real Jeep left.

Our SAABaru is a wagon, all wheel drive and can carry more than any CRV, goes like a bat out of **** and drives like a sports car. Both have leather, heated seat and power everything.

Besides, other than the fact they can actually get it, there is no reason on earth for an US made PU to cost more than $30K Its an engine, trans, 2 axles and 2 boxes, one with a seat.

Now I'm not knockin the guy that goes in for the new stuff, more power to ya and someone has to keep those UAW folks working. But it won't work better than well cared for 10-15 year old stuff and new car smell comes in a can.

Now if your TOAD is going to be a new Lotus Exige S ........ thats a horse of another color.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
You just made the National Automobile Dealers Association very proud of themselves, proving that people actually believe this!

I not quite understanding what it is you mean?
Please explain