Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #15
How about the sunpass

Sunpass is just about as bad, no warning at all that EZpass won't work - $100 charge for a $3 toll. Get real FL - you depend on tourists.

RandyMWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by RandyMWV View Post
Sunpass is just about as bad, no warning at all that EZpass won't work - $100 charge for a $3 toll. Get real FL - you depend on tourists.
It's my understanding that in a few months that all major toll methods will merge into one EZpass or relative replacement. Do your homework you'll find many different state restrictions from state to state. This is NOT-just a FL. Issue. Yes, we like your money, we have sunshine, blue warm waters, so calm down and come on down!

Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #17
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by RandyMWV View Post
They toast the residents too. My son was driving a p/u registered in only my wife's name. The battery died in the transponder. A $1.25 toll, $.75, $1.50, again and again. A long running dispute between my wife and my son ensued. Who was responsible? I was totally unaware. He was at school in Gainesville and running over to Tampa a lot. The first I caught wind of it, their head butting had blown up into a $1500.00 plus tab on less than $50 in tolls. Pay it or my wife's d/l goes poof. That was what the letter from the DMV I just happened to open said. I am very proud of myself that I wasn't profiled on the tube by America's Most Wanted. It got paid, and since I loved my family I let it go. And people wonder why I look older than I am.
so47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:56 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems every crazy story you hear that involves the law or police comes out of Florida. I avoid at all costs. I even cruise out of San Juan rather than Miami. Pray for global warming and the state will join Atlantis LOL!
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
It's not quite that bad. Lol.
so47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #20
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
In typical Florida fashion, the government was not concerned that they had a speed trap. Only that they were mis-appropriating the money.

If they were using the money to improve the town, or the water system, then it would have been A-OK with Florida that they lie-in-wait to prey on the public.

No action planned to address the traps in Lawtey or Waldo. Disgusting. Glad I moved out of that dreadful place.
Sad You would rather bash a small town than understand it. US 301 is a 65 mph road and at these small towns there were terrible crashes - many deaths of local folk getting broadsided by people speeding through town. Granted they are speed traps, BUT they are marked with signs for miles before the towns to SLOW DOWN! I have lived in Jacksonville all my life and traveled through these towns, for what seems like forever, and have NEVER been stopped. Guess I understand what the speed limit sign and all those BIG warning signs mean. I only feel bad for those EARLY speeders who got caught when the speed limits were changed and there were no warning signs. Most posted speed limits are what they are, because of years of studies and record keeping for accidents, tickets, and traffic flow. Tallahassee just increased the limit on a section of a road over there because the lower limit was too slow - it caused MORE accidents than it prevented - people were getting rear ended slowing for the zone before getting into it. (This is not directed at any one person in particular - but a broad question for everyone) - DO YOU WANT PEOPLE SPEEDING PAST YOUR HOUSE, KIDS SCHOOL, or YOUR CHURCHES? Why not slow for these speed traps? No speeding means no tickets! When I travel highways (mostly Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and NC), I always slow for speed zones in the truck or SUV - I take my chances on my bike sometimes. But I can't complain if I get caught - I make the choice to speed and take the risks of a ticket or worse. So far, I have made the right choices.

Hampton was corrupt and will be dealt with by the state government. Investigations do not happen overnight. I'm sure there has been one going on for years. A friend used to date a female officer there. She said for the residents, play the towns game or the town officials would make life miserable. Do you know where to go to complain about your city government? Most of these people are under educated and very poor. If they had the means to get out, they would have. How would you deal with the police harassing you for complaining about them? Local utilities shutting you off for complaining about outrageous bills? These are just some of what the residents deal with. It is not far and we are hearing these and other stories coming from there now.

So, in short, if traveling through and you see BIG WARNING signs before speed limit signs, it means they are serious! DO NOT IGNORE THE WARNINGS!

Bob and sometimes - Nina - a Staffordshire Terrier/a SPOILED pit and her kitty Spaz
2006 Dodge SLT 2500 4x4 Cummins Quad Cab w/AT and 3.73
2007 Salem Sport LE 26FBSRV (TH) w/ my Victory Motorcycle in it or a EZ GO Shuttle cart.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote