Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
Hey Dunner 32° and snowing at 4900 ft. in N. AZ. Come up and enjoy the weather.
Glenn
Saw that. Going to get even lower; snow and temps. Don't remember it ever being this cold during the middle of the day in Phx. Normally, it is T-shirt weather this time of year.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
My friends up north really get p'd off when I tell them the wind chill is 81 in Ft Lauderdale.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #31

I was thinking of filling my fresh tank to re-furbish it, but I think with it being almost empty, I'll just drain what's left and open the low spot and sink valves. Maybe get the trouble lights ready. Last year, I did have a lavatory line briefly freeze up. Can't hurt to be safe.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Down to 16° this morning

Glenn
Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
We were thinking of heading south for warmer weather but it looks like now we'd have to go all the way to Florida so maybe we'll just stay home for now. It only dips into the 20's here at night with high's in the 40's. Not worth traveling if you can't find t-shirt weather! The MH is winterized and tucked into it's shelter so we'll wait and see what the new year brings....
Old 12-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #34

When Rving. Set the heater and AC where you are comfortable. Which one comes on determines if you go north or south.
devans47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by devans47 View Post
When Rving. Set the heater and AC where you are comfortable. Which one comes on determines if you go north or south.

I don't need to guess today, it is -22 *F right now with the wind chill, I got my hair cut a few days ago and it is soooo short I have a hat on inside the house! looking for the thermal socks... putting up a blanket barrier to the upstairs.... where all the heat is going...

hope this quits PDQ I am getting weary of being so cold nothing helps
old house (107 yrs) doesn't help. thank goodness this is not usual....
Waiting for a Chinook!!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #36

Get some wool socks. I have a pair of battery powered one, too. I hate cold feet.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #37

Triple E Owners Club
Getting pretty cold on Vancouver Island too. Snowed a little today and had to spread salt on the driveway so my daughter doesn't slide into the motorhome when she gets home from work. It's a touch below freezing but the damp air makes it feel a lot colder. Good time to sit by the wood stove and think about all the things you could be doing outside.
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #38

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Get some wool socks. I have a pair of battery powered one, too. I hate cold feet.
really? they have those? I thought it was just one of those gag things I saw on a MASH episode!
thanks for the tip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
Getting pretty cold on Vancouver Island too. Snowed a little today and had to spread salt on the driveway so my daughter doesn't slide into the motorhome when she gets home from work. It's a touch below freezing but the damp air makes it feel a lot colder. Good time to sit by the wood stove and think about all the things you could be doing outside.
Can't believe you are getting the cold on Van.Isle... it almost seems like an impossible feat to get any snow west of Hope...
You are right, the little cold will feel worse in the damp, goes right through your bones and moves in ..you seem to feel cold for days after it is gone...
Bundle up and protect your neck and back especially... it will help..

I feel for you as I was hoping this would be my winter haven some day, next winter will find me in the interior it might be cool or chilly, but for sure not this drop dead freezing kind of cold....
Keep warm and be glad you are where you are... could be worse!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #39

Enough already. Will somebody PLEASE pay the gas bill? I sell lawn and garden equipment and parts, had a call from southern Alberta yesterday. His customer is using a riding lawn mower with a blade to clear snow, he is demanding the engine manufacturer supply a solution to his performance issues. Fer cryin' out loud it is thirty frickin below, the carburetor is icing up.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Live just south of San Francisco in the Silicon Valley. Had to take my DW to a doctors appointment and almost came back into the house to put long pants and a sweater on, but being a little stubborn I went with what I had and suffered through. Went to about 30 + last night but warmed up during the day.

I remember when I was in the army you changed uniforms on a specific day irregardless of what the weather was and I somewhat have kept the stup---- er tradition going.

Hey you Snowbirds come on down we can sure use the money.

Don G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just North of San Francisco and we are getting records lows! Low 20's the last 2 nights, same tonight and then cold rain expected Friday night and Saturday morning.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #42

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
Can't believe you are getting the cold on Van.Isle... it almost seems like an impossible feat to get any snow west of Hope...
You are right, the little cold will feel worse in the damp, goes right through your bones and moves in ..you seem to feel cold for days after it is gone...
Bundle up and protect your neck and back especially... it will help..

I feel for you as I was hoping this would be my winter haven some day, next winter will find me in the interior it might be cool or chilly, but for sure not this drop dead freezing kind of cold....
Keep warm and be glad you are where you are... could be worse!
Usually doesn't snow but when it does, look out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 039.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	51397   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 050.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	51398  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0447.jpg