Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #15
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I would have owned up to it also.

There are two types of RVers;

Those of us that have done dumb stuff.............................and those that won't admit it.

SO TRUE, SO TRUE.. (And, no, I'm not saying how I know that)

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #16
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With some great and good fortune the only things I have destroyed with my motor home belong to me!!!!!!

Reminds me I gotta call that guy about fixing the rain gutter---the one that smacked into my ladder--------I keep forgetting.

I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
backed over the neighbors cat!! That was fun.
George & Sue
On the road to someplace!
two gone rvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
My husband's driving probably flipped the old dog a few times.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by sadiebug
My husband's driving probably flipped the old dog a few times.
Not his driving, must have been poor road conditions!
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you did the correct thing. I know I would have done the same. Can't worry about what his intensions were, you had an obligation and you took care of it. Makes you feel better all the way around.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #21
You did the right thing. Once a "lady" I'll be nice, plowed into my mailbox destroying it and the post. She pulled into my driveway and called the cops. When the cops arrived she wanted them to arrest ME because according to her my mailbox was too close to the road. The cops left but she got a lawyer..... Turns out I had to spend $2,000 to prove it wasn't too close.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #22
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Packed away all my stuff in my driveway, went around and locked all of the basement storage bins, drove 2 miles to the storage place, parked it, got out and did a final walk around and see that somehow since I left my drive, I managed to scrape the paint on of all of the bins aft of the door on the right side. Has to be on a right turn, only 2 of them, both fairly open, can't for the world figure out how I did it.
Ole and Anne Anderson, Highland, Michigan
'02 Adventurer 32V, Ford F-53, ours since 4/08,Goodyears, Konis, SeeLevel, CHF
'84 CJ-7 , 5.3 Chevy, 3" lift, 33's, Detroit Locker, Fiberglas tub, winch, hi-lift
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
Monaco Owners Club
Unhooked from my fiver once and used the usual blocks under the landing gear. Some dufus (me) forgot to put out the wheel chocks. Went to rehook a few days later and backed under and when the hitch made contact with the pin away she started to go. So I floored it and it slid on and the hitch closed. Good thing no one was parked behind me. Didn`t wreck anything but the potential was huge. I did get some funny looks from other campers though.
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #24
Originally Posted by frederick w View Post
6 am Sunday morning, I backed over my neighbor's mail box
with my Class A.

6:30 am at Home Depot buying a post. 8:30 am mail box repaired.
Neighbor still in bed.

I should of drove around the block to park in front of house.
I should of had my back-up camera on.
I should of had by wife in back (I mean watching me).
I should not of been in a rush.

The MH was not damage as the base of the post was rotten
so it evidently went right over. Close call.

I guess it could of been worse. I could of hit a fire hydrant, car, person,
or a house.

10 am I told my neighbor what I had done. He said. " I've been meaning
to replace that rotten post. Thanks"

Stupid Fred from wenatchee, WA.. What have you done? Be honest.
You got it right, I would do the same. Morally it is right. Legally it is right, because damaging, defacing, or removing a mailbox is a federal offense.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #25
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
You got it right, I would do the same. Morally it is right. Legally it is right, because damaging, defacing, or removing a mailbox is a federal offense.
It may be a federal offense, but nobody gives a d**n. All the boxes on our street were constantly being beat up. Called the USPS, they said maybe if i called the sheriff they could do something. Called the sheriff's office, they said " Oh that's too bad, give me you address we will make a note of it". Vandalism didn't stop until USPS said I could move my box around the corner to a less traveled street. It went on for almost a year on the ones that couldn't move their boxes.

2006 Sea Breeze LX 8341 on a Workhorse W22 Chassis with 22.5 Alcoa Alum wheels,
2011 Chevy Colorado 4X4 with Ready Brake
Glenn and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #26
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
We've all done goofy mistakes. Ours got hung up on a landscaping rock the size of a riding lawn mower, a $3,000 insurance claim. Then I turn too short out of our driveway, got a garbage can wedged under my muffler and scratches down the side, another time hubby pulled rv out of storage shed, forgot to close the compartment doors.......
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #27
Brought our new mpg home and dropped it right in front of the house because both of had to be elsewhere (two different directions, no less) in a few hours. The next day I hooked up to put it where we had decided it would stay. I neglected to crank up the stabilizer jacks. One was fine, but one was slightly bent. When we bought the trailer I had decided to replace those jacks with sturdier ones, so that gave me an excuse to get going on it.
David, kb0zke
Mercury Mountaineer towing mpg 181(both sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #28
QUOTE=frederick w;930366]6

I altered you post leaving what I agreed with.

I should of had my back-up camera on. AND
I should of had by wife in back (I mean watching me).
I should not of been in a rush.

In addition you are legally liable for damages. Probably only depreciated value damages.

Remember you did destroy Federal property and if your neighbor gets [moderator edit] he/she could notify the DHS of this violent destructive act.
If the DHS gets involved you may get in deep "terrorist" doo doo.

Because of the condition of the post you shouldnt have to owe for the cost of the post or its labor,but I dont think arguing the point will help relations between the two of you.
Its cheap enough to pay for the whole thing to keep the peace.

If he was reasonable,he'd say "since i was going to replace it anyway you really havent caused me any damage or harm,so you owe nothing.
Problem is ...you accelerated the time scale on him in that he now has to repair the post which is now,not later as he had hoped. Maybe Later meant tomorrow? next week,next year?
Its probably not enough to make a $ claim over,but irritating to him? You bet,it just may be.
IMO Just pay for it happily to keep the peace.

ive committed a few acts of stupidity,but Ill have to think about what Im going to admit to first

Stupid Fred from wenatchee, WA.. What have you done? Be honest

PalmSprings is offline   Reply With Quote