Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #29
Appalachian Campers
Lynnvt, Thank you.
Thats how I feel.
There are plenty of sites that I no longer frequent because EVERYTHING is judged by someone. Here, it does not matter what rig you have, or how much money you have, or what you beliefs are, or if you are good at spelling,
All are included At least that is how I feel here.

2001 Travel Supreme 36'

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #30
On the way to work one morning,my crew and I passed a sign that said HAY for sale.My laborer Sal says what are they trying to sell.I said Hay,he said ,What! I said ,they are selling hay. He thought it read Hey, For Sale!

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:58 AM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess everyone should copy us guys in New Jersey, we are probably the most imitated and laughed at regarding our accents. A coupla weeks in Joisey and you all will be speaking and writing the"Queens English"....

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:49 AM   #32
Spell Checkers, softwear or the humain brane:

They're know miss steaks in e-males cause we used special soft wear witch checks yore spelling. It is mower or lass a weigh too verify. How ever is can knot correct arrows inn punctuation ore usage:an it will not fined words witch are miss used butt spelled rite. Four example; a paragraph could have mini flaws but wood bee past by the spell checker. And it wont catch the sentence fragment which you. Their fore, the massage is that proofreading is knot eliminated, it is still berry muck reek wired.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:53 AM   #33
Appalachian Campers
2001 Travel Supreme 36'

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:11 AM   #34
Thanks Aaron&Cheryl, you made me chuckle at 7:00 AM!
When you come to a fork in the road, take it!
Stanbnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:00 AM   #35
If reading mis-spelled words was all I had to be concerned about, I would be one happy camper.

Cheers, Jim
Jim & SherrySeward

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #36
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the dark ages when I attended high school, English lit was an elective. It was the best class I took and has been invaluable all my life. I believe it was our teacher's first and last job. She is on longer with us but is fondly remembered by several generations of her students. She was responsible for converting a great number of pupils into students. She is a legend.
I'm guilty of losing my grasp of spelling and usually edit after posting.
I fully agree that the language should be preserved. It is the most expressive language in the world and does not need improvement.
I am more irritated by deplorable grammar in advertising and the media. I will go to some extremes to avoid doing business with any company that thinks they can "grow" my stocks, or business. When I hear someone speaking about growing their children, I ask what the best fertilizer is.
The news media is just insulting to any reasoning mind.
I must add trendy speak to the list of irritations.
This has been on my mind for far too long. Thank you for the opportunity to vent.
Rexhall T-Rex Aerbus 36' May/2004 build

8.1 Vortec 5 spd Allison
eandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
bad spelling does bug me. I wonder how much is actually not knowing how to spell and how much is their fingers getting in each others way when typing.

What bothers me more than anything else is going to a store, ringing up $ 4.96, giving the cashier $ 5.01 and them staring at me trying to figure out how much change I get.
John, Joyce & Libby the Yellow Lab. - Fulltime since `08

2005 Kountry Star FW-35LKSA by Newmar
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I try to go back and look for spelling errors...My biggest problem is my fat fingers and never learing to type..... You can generally spot typing errors vs. misspellings.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #39
well, I do know I "Spell Better" on my desktop, just by knowing which computer I was using on which day. Desktop at home (Standard Keyboard) and Laptop on the road (Kind of small Keyboard) for Big Hands!

Bruce and Dyanne
RVDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #40
We are in a new age of enlightenment and we people of experience [old folks] have to adjust to this new age.

We must accept that every sentance must begin with
"LIKE". As in "LIKE you know , it was really big".

Someone earlier mentioned the term [Growing a business]. This is now a common term used on TV NEWS.

This is all part of the NEWSPEAK era we are in now.
Previously very popular in Nazi Germany in the Reich years.

Since children are having children and the child-like parents never learn anything to begin with, the only source of education available now is the TUBE. [Television]

Once thought of as the ultimate device for teaching the masses, television now is the greatest UN-educating device ever invented.

It teaches that true love can only be found if you are drinking alcohol and driving drunk.[Booze ads]

It shows the young that the only way to drive is fast and dangerously.[car ads]

"He who knows not that he knows not" is educated by the TV now. It tells him or her what to eat,what is good and bad and how much fun killing can be when glued to a PC Game screen.

The future will be something to see as this trend expands.
Where "Like um ya no" becomes the accepted begining of every sentence, while at the same time "Growing" our civilization into the future speaking in groups of letters.
[DSL-DSLAM-db-DW-DH-OBTW-DW-HN-IMHO and my all time favorite WTFC,which should be emblasioned on the American flag.

WTFC best describes the attitudes of the 21st century. I am so very, very sorry for our children. They must live with our uncaring attidudes.

I'm glad I won't be here to see it transpire.

I am a graduate of the U of Wasamata.
You know. Wasa mata you?
No more RV'ing. Sold it.
lwmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Mediocrity is fast becoming the accepted standard.

Too many accept "good enough" as "good enough".

Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 AM   #42
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by journeylad:

Or is functional illiteracy now perfectly acceptable?

From what I can tell, I got my answer. Yes. It appears that "good enough" is "good enough".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13

Now thats all we need, a bunch of anal english majors venting I'm with the group that forgives those who hated english class. As long as I can understand yer point yer OK with me. As a matter of fact it's those silver tongued word smiths that usually p--- me off, talking over everyones heads.

Get a life.

But I don't deserve that. Actually, I was a math major. And yes, I do have a life. That doesn't mean I am a wordsmith, and I haven't been talking over anybody's heads.

So that p___ed ME off!!! Try being civil instead of a complete a$$!!!

Ken Welle
'07 Kountry Star 3623
journeylad is offline   Reply With Quote