Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
BBQ Texas Style!

All my hopes and prayers for the best for folks there on the East Coast. Today I'm the Head Chef cooking up BBQ Texas Style for some family and wishing we could just take the rain they are having. We're in the middle of a major drought here in West Texas and need the rain badly. Ribs, Sausage, Brisket, Baked beans, Potato Salad and last but not least, Corn on the Cob!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Y'er menu sounds awesome. I usually smoke all my meats.. once in awhile I'll do some grillin'

Yep, hope you folks get some per cip a tayshun real soon. This is a weird year all over, I think.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
With great respect to the ''Republic of Texas'' and all Texans everywhere regardless of location I Seajay the sailor man have this to say.
When it comes to BBQ Brisket is good,,,,,, real good but being a old North Carolina boy I still am very partial to HOG, WHOLE HOG BBQ..... Cooked for at least 8 to 12 hours (according to the size of the hog) cooked very slowly and ''peeked'' at occasionally and the BBQ man sippin on a suds and kepin' his hand on the top of the cooker occasionally to ''test the temp'' and adjusting flame as necessary..... The smoke and the ''smell'' will bring people in for a radious of about 12 miles around the ''cooker''. Fix up some good vinegar base sauce and cook up some good Hush Puppies, slaw, baked beans, several gallons of ''Nanner Puddin'' and some Sweet Ice Tee and just add lots of friends and it dont get no better than that....
I say this with all respect to the Republic of Texas cause I have been thru Texas several times and have eaten their Brisket and ribs.....
One ''Texan'' told me that North Carolina was actually in ''East Texas''... I did not argue with him.........

God keep our troops safe.....
Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
RagingBull, where you at man. If your close to Big Spring will come help you with the cookin.

Jerry
jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Fix up some good vinegar base sauce and cook up some good Hush Puppies, slaw, baked beans, several gallons of ''Nanner Puddin'' and some Sweet Ice Tee and just add lots of friends and it dont get no better than that....

God keep our troops safe.....
N n S Carolina have their own thang goin.. Give me Texas or KC styles.. That said.. I love all ya writ about.. cept'n that Sweet Ayce Teee. I'll stick to the regular.. or better yet.. some good home brewed ale.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nothing can beat good old Texas style pit BBQ. KC and the Carolinas are just BBQ wanta'bes. Same goes for Chili...real chili comes from Texas and does not have beans or tomatoes.

Start bad mouthing Texas BBQ, you might just get an uprising.

Ken
Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Seajay I have my own smoke house and many hogs have been smoked there for 12-15 hrs. Yes sir we know how to do it here in Texas. Ya'll come on down and we'll serve up BBQ Texas Style!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Nothing can beat good old Texas style pit BBQ. KC and the Carolinas are just BBQ wanta'bes. Same goes for Chili...real chili comes from Texas and does not have beans or tomatoes.

Start bad mouthing Texas BBQ, you might just get an uprising.

Ken
We have the best chili here no doubt, My sis is from Ill and knows how to make a good west Tx chili. I'll put money down on that
Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
WHAT......! No Clam chowdah?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
I'm from SE Pa. and if you want--I,ll swap you a gallon of hurrican water for a rack of ribs.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #11

dehydrated water will save on shipping
Old 08-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #12

I have a rack of ribs slooow cooking as I read this thread. Man I'm getting hungry but I have to wait a few more hours. It's time to start whipping up some sides. Reading all these posts made my mouth water. One good thing about RVing is my wife and I can travel the country and eat the best foods in each area.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #13

A good side of slaw comes to mind.. I found a great recipe that mocks what Col Sanders does.. that's the only thing they do that I can say I really like. Easy to do.. but time consuming... but, well worth it. IMO
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well. Without braging, everybody that knows anything about BBQ ing KNOWS that BBQ was INVENTED IN NORTH CAROLINA and that is a fact. Just go over to the Lexington NC BBQ festival and just ''sniff'' and then ''taste'' and I SEajay the sailor man, do gareentee you will fall in love with ''Roasted Hog'', ribs and all the good stuff, North Carolina Style.
Seriously ..... BBQ is all a matter of taste and the area you grew up in. In NC pigs are king when it comes to BBQ. That is the way it is and the way it always will be. When we travel and are gone for two or three months we usually carry at least 5 pounds of 'Tarheel Q' in the freezer frozen in two and three sandwich portions. We talked to a ranger in Zion that said he came to NC for two reasons. To ride the Blue Ridge Parkway and to eat NC BBQ. We went and fixed him a BBQ sandwich and he said the park was ours ....lol...
It is a fact in Texas and South Carolina and North Carolina and anywhere and every where they serve, sell, cook, or ''give away free'' BBQ that ''theirs is the best'' and each will argue you in the ground concerning this. It is all a matter of taste and where you come from ''YOURS TASTES THE BEST''...
Nuff said for now ........

Everyone should thank vet for your freedoms ... some of them died giving them to us..

Tags
texas