Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #85

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Oh Oh Oh ,,,,,, I wanna sign up too !!!!! and like flaggship1 said a day inbetween to heal from the day before would be a great idea as well, the question is how long could such a grand adventure last ?

Cheers !!!!
Hey PatriotThunder - if we plan it right with a day in between - to heal - and a couple days in a row for travel - we could take the show on the road! Travel from one brewery, distillery, vineyard to another. Write a book, film it and sell the documentary to highest bidder, rinse, spit and repeat. Folks are always looking to make money from life on the road. We may be on to something here. I think we're gonna need a thread with Bloody Mary Recipes before we go.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #86

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Beer sales are declining from big breweries; however micro-breweries are on the rise as are sales from them. Seems like there is a switch from quantity to quality happening.
Sadly, I had to retire my home-brewing equipment when I was diagnosed with diabetes.
I too am a craft beer loving diabetic. But I have learned to use it as a carb substitute. Hmmmm let's see, on the one hand a potato, on the other hand a beer ?? Just keep your finger stick tester nearby to see how you're doing. It also helps that I have insulin in case I overdo the carb thing. And then there is exercise, a long walk will earn me a beer. Cheers!!
P.S. On a 6000 mile, 18 state tour out west last fall we visited approx. 20 micro breweries, and I still have all my toes. Bob

Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #87
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
There's a brewery on-site at the 2013 Nat'l Rally at Amana Colonies. Guess where I'll be doing MY next round of taste testing.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #88

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Diabetics & Beer

Beer may be a carb, but alcohol is not and will lower your glucose, sometimes a lot. If you're taking oral meds for type -2 be very careful. Alcohol may enhance their effect to the point you go hypo.

Hypoglycemia feels enough like a buzz that you might ignore it. Do that and you're putting yourself at serious immediate risk. In addition, every hypo episode does cumulative micro cellular damage to muscle (especially cardiac muscle), nerve tissue, and several important organs that you need to be kind to.

If I know I'm going to be drinking even one beer I skip my meds (glypizide). It's better to be slightly high (pun intended) than low. I've never been a heavy drinker but I do appreciate a good brew now & then.

Newcastle, Fat Tire, Sam Adams. generally I lean toward darker beers but say what you will, there is nothing quite as refreshing on a hot day working in the yard as a watered down tasteless Bud. Or a real Fosters. A craft brew would be way too heavy.

Micro breweries have raised the bar for everyone. And thanks for that. There are at least 6 of them within 10 miles of my home. Some better than others but they're all good. A countrywide microbrew tour would be a very big undertaking. It would take YEARS! And by the time you finished there would be thousands of new breweries so you'd have to start all over!

Ah, I get it. Lifetime job security!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #89

If you get to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, try Surly; any of their beers.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I like the Belgiums, the Brits and the Irish. But my standby for any time, any season, any where is a frosty salted mug, a squeeze of lime and Tecate. I don't go in for winter wheat - October pumpkin etc etc. And don't get me started on citrus beer - New Belgium tires or moons of any size or color. No offense to anyone with a love for those - they just don't work for me.
Ahh, Tecate. You have just transported me back 40 years ago when I went to Mexico as a young man. It was a good Mexican beer for sure. My kids like Mexico's Corona. I am not to crazy about it. In fact, I don't even care for it. Right now, my beer of choice is an IPA called Harpoon Rye. Truly a full bodied "hoppy beer". In fact, I am imbibing in one right now!We are so fortunate today to have all of these craft beers and micro breweries. When I was growing the beers of choice were Bud, Miller, Heineken, Pabst, Lowenbrau, I could go on and on. I drank them all!
BTW, we manufacture beer bottles where I work. It is what I do for a living.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #91

If you are in Tucson for the winter, visit Borderlands Brewery downtown. They have several rotating varieties, but their Porter is outstanding.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #92

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
...BTW, we manufacture beer bottles where I work. It is what I do for a living.
Thank you sir for your service to this country, for without you and your beer-bottle compadres, we would be relegated to drinking beer from cans, like barbarians.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #93
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
BTW, we manufacture beer bottles where I work. It is what I do for a living.
Ahh.........so close.........and yet...........so far!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #94

I am now on my 3rd Big Flats lager. Brewed by World Brews, Rochester, N.Y. Brewed for sale only at Walgreens stores, $3.33 a 6 pack here in Texas. With sales Tax $3.50 for a 6 pack. I like it better than Bud or Coors.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #95
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
In deference to the last gasps of summer, I'm celebrating with a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.

This of course after 2 glasses of Captain Morgan's Private Stock Rum.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #96

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
In deference to the last gasps of summer, I'm celebrating with a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.

This of course after 2 glasses of Captain Morgan's Private Stock Rum.

Me? I'm having a nice Woodford's Reserve bourbon to kick off the Labor day weekend thanks to a recommendation from flagship1.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #97
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Me? I'm having a nice Woodford's Reserve bourbon to kick off the Labor day weekend thanks to a recommendation from flagship1.
If you like Woodford Reserve, you must try the Double Oaked Limited Edition. It is even more of what make Woodford delicious.

This is a great thread!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #98

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
If you like Woodford Reserve, you must try the Double Oaked Limited Edition. It is even more of what make Woodford delicious.

This is a great thread!

I actually looked for that (again on flagship1's recommendation) at my local liquor store, but they didn't have it. I had to settle for standard W.R., which really is a settlement I can be happy with.