Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround

If you like Woodford Reserve, you must try the Double Oaked Limited Edition. It is even more of what make Woodford delicious.

This is a great thread!
Agreed on this. I have noted that for some reason the hoity toity net bourbon reviewers do no line Woodford and especially did not like the Double Oaked LE. I'm baffled by that. Both are pricy but I think they're a cut above. I know this is a beer thread and bourbon heresy but WR make the best tasting Whisky Sour I have ever tasted. PF Changs shakes em and sells then as the Twisted Whisky Sour - Google it - and only fresh squeezed juice will do - and you can get the Orange Bitters on Amazon.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program: Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4289381434.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	594.3 KB
ID:	45087

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
It's fall and I was curious what types of beers our community likes to indulge in during the colder seasons. There is a pumpkin beer called Pumking that is made in WNY (Southern Tier Breweries-Lakewood, NY) that is the gold standard for pumpkin type beers. What other types do you enjoy? What say you?
Cold. Cold brew. 20 degrees or 102 degrees here in Texas. Just cold brew!!!

Old 08-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #101

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Thank you sir for your service to this country, for without you and your beer-bottle compadres, we would be relegated to drinking beer from cans, like barbarians.
Heh, heh. Yes, the accursed cans!
We toil tirelessly to keep the masses happy. An old timer once told me back in the early '70's when I first started my apprenticeship that during the Great Depression people in the glass factories ( bottle makers) were employed during those hard times. He said something that I have never forgotten 'till this day. He said "When times are good, people drink. And when times are bad, people drink!" Judging by all of the overtime that we are offered I'd have to concur with that 40 year old sage advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Ahh.........so close.........and yet...........so far!
You got that right PushedAround! Just looking at all of those empty bottles as they come out of the lehr and down the line has made me wish many a time for those bottles to be full!!
Cheers all!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by texkayaker View Post
I am now on my 3rd Big Flats lager. Brewed by World Brews, Rochester, N.Y. Brewed for sale only at Walgreens stores, $3.33 a 6 pack here in Texas. With sales Tax $3.50 for a 6 pack. I like it better than Bud or Coors.
I tried that a couple of years ago in Florida. Can't beat the price but I couldn't get past the cooked corn taste. I assume they use lots of corn as an adjunct to keep the price so low.

See I am not a complete beer snob. Drank lots of PBR in my day. The reference to fizzy yellow beer is just my thoughts on how big breweries can advertize so much that they convince people that their beer is the greatest thing ever when there are a lot good choices for beer out there that they may never try but might have loved.

BTW Big Flats/World brews is brewed by good old Genesee Brewing Company.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #103

Well we just need to face the fact that we all need a drink now and again in good times or bad....thankfully, we dont have to make the determination of whether or not the times are good or bad, but just quench the thirst and be happy that there are enough brews for everyone to enjoy or sample as they please .

I'll take a double !!!!
Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #104

With Labor Day in a few days I will have to lay in a supply of Big Flats. Labor Day is very important to me. After my military service, which I volunteered for Army service on my 18th birthday I was always a Union worker. First a merchant seaman represented by the National Maritime Union of America and then an oil worker represented by the Oil Chemical Workers of America. Always worked and lived by the union slogan (An honest days work for an honest days wages). As the old seaman used to say (I never have to back up to the pay window). I will be 76 Sept 16th and have enjoyed a great life. On Labor Day celebrate the working men and women of America. And remember the men and women in our Armed Forces, they have the hardest job of all.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #105

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Pop a top again I think I'll have another round
Another one my friend
Then I'll be gone and you can let some other fool sit down
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #106

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ahhhhh, sing it Alan
Old 09-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Brewed 20 gallons of pumpkin ale yesterday. Sure made my garage smell good. Bubbling away nicely today. 20 gallons of oatmeal stout tomorrow. Running out of brewing time since in about 7 weeks we take the MH south to escape the relentless cold winter here and the brewery is just to big to take
Old 09-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by texkayaker View Post
With Labor Day in a few days I will have to lay in a supply of Big Flats. Labor Day is very important to me. After my military service, which I volunteered for Army service on my 18th birthday I was always a Union worker. First a merchant seaman represented by the National Maritime Union of America and then an oil worker represented by the Oil Chemical Workers of America. Always worked and lived by the union slogan (An honest days work for an honest days wages). As the old seaman used to say (I never have to back up to the pay window). I will be 76 Sept 16th and have enjoyed a great life. On Labor Day celebrate the working men and women of America. And remember the men and women in our Armed Forces, they have the hardest job of all.
Three Cheers to our Service Men and Woman, each and everyday. And cheers for those that toil long and hard each day and use their labor to keep America strong.. Most of us dont realize how good we have it and most of those under 30 dont understand what it is you are talking about texkayaker
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #109

I'm so jealous! I really like the oatmeal stout. Too busy trying to get the Dutch star road worthy. Thank Sam Adams for their Octoberfest ;-)
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #110

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Brewed 20 gallons of pumpkin ale yesterday. Sure made my garage smell good. Bubbling away nicely today. 20 gallons of oatmeal stout tomorrow. Running out of brewing time since in about 7 weeks we take the MH south to escape the relentless cold winter here and the brewery is just to big to take
Well if it looks like you are going to be "stuck" with all of that beer inventory, then perhaps I can offer my services and imbibe in some of that home brew oatmeal stout!
Hey! I'm just tryin' to help!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #111

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Well if it looks like you are going to be "stuck" with all of that beer inventory, then perhaps I can offer my services and imbibe in some of that home brew oatmeal stout!
Hey! I'm just tryin' to help!
Funny how many offers for help I get
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #112

WOW! not 1 "Stag" drinker in the crowd?

Remember, you only rent the beer...it isn't long your disposing of it