Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #15

Until the people of this country get off their duffs and TAKE ACTION nothing will change

BTW complaining does not count as TAKING ACTION

For English, press 1
For Spanish, press 2
For Arabic, press 3
For French, press 4
For Eubonics, press 5
For........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skipsor:
In 1986 3 million illegals got amnesty. The government still has not figured out how to handle that paperwork. Now throw another 12-20 million into the mix and things really spin out of control.

Could I see a show of hands of all those who think the govt. has figured this out already?

Then there is the small problem of who will pay for them. In California alone they cost the taxpayers around 9 Billion a year for schools, health care and welfare for all of their children who are "citizens" but don't speak English.

There was a representative from the Heritage Foundation on TV testifying before Congress recently about the cost of all of this and he put the price at, I believe I'm correct, $238 Trillion dollars. Wrap your heads around that without getting a headache. That includes over $1,000,000 per family over and above what meager amount they pay in taxes over a period of about 20-30 years.

And that's before the next floodgate opens.

1986, 3,000,000
2007, 12-20,000,000

You can probably quadruple that number again for the next amnesty when it come, as it surely will.

Most of these people are poor and uneducated and they are now, and will become in the future an even bigger drain on our resources. And it only gets worse.

Imagine, if you will, that I break into your home and demand that you feed, clothe, and educate me and also pay for my healthcare. Never mind that I just broke into YOUR home and I am demanding all of these things. The last time I looked it is a crime to break into someones home, probably a felony except in the case of breaking into this country which is only a misdemeanor.

OK, I've been leeching off of your family for several months so I invite the rest of my family, there's only four of them, to come and live with me in your home. Not a bad deal for me, is it?

How long would you be willing to put up with something like that? That is what is happening right now for those of you who are still wearing those rose colored glasses.

Either we stop it now or we go down in flames. Which way do you want it?

And just think, we haven't even started to talk about the gangbangers and other criminals who will get in the back door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #16

I agree that we need to take action, but WHAT action? Can anyone suggest something that is realistic, doesn't put our economy in a nosedive, and doesn't start civil war and rioting?

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:24 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the illegals can't (won't) learn English, then its up to us to learn to speak Spanish, change our national flag and invade their country.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is a link, I hope, to the source of some of the information in my earlier post. This can be found on the Heritage Foundation site and this report was presented to Congress. The Fiscal Cost of Low-Skill Immigrants to State and Local Taxpayers
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #19

There is a Mexican organization that has the stated intention of re-populating the border states and re-establishing them as part of Mexico. I do not recall the name. It is legal under current federal laws. Elect their politicians to control the entire state's legislative branch, secede from the U.S. and petition Mexican government to become a state of Mexico.
I don't want to even contemplate the re-percussions.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #20

What? And risk losing all their US benefits? I hardly think so. For those of you (actually most of you posting on this forum) who do not live in the Southwest, I respectfully suggest that you have no concept of what it is like to live in an area of this country where the Hispanic population has such an impact on our lifestyle. Nor have you considered the impact on your grocery bill if we didn't have the immigrant workers in the CA farm fields.

So, while all of the above comments are very interesting.... they have not addressed my earlier question.... so I ask again... What action would you suggest?

Our homes on the road
Old 05-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
I agree with everyone who has posted to this topic, so far.

The problem is we, the USA, have become to reliant on illegal aliens for our low paying or intensive jobs in this Country.

But, we are a Country full of legal citizens who "work the system" to stay on welfare, unemployement and workers comp that could be filling some of those same jobs. I have personally seen this in the area I live in.

Drugs and laziness has ruined our labor force and our government inables them to not work. I see this every day in my business and it sickens me. Our government needs to not only stengthen our borders but it needs to quit giving out free hand out to able body citizens. We all have tryed to better ourselves through education or job training skills to achieve a higher plain but there are millions now who don't and are very happy getting high and a monthly check from the government.

So, where does that leave us? Illegal aliens to fill those jobs that American citizens won't do.

And, the government has made it illegal for kids to pick crops like I did when I was in High School.

Tough decissions have to be made by our government. And I am tired of being taxed to pay for lazy citizens and illegal aliens.

God Bless America

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #22

Paul,you are correct of coures. Every ethnic(including caucasian) group has the good(vast majority) the bad(criminals) and the ugly(leeches). We spend lots of time in the SW, and we find that politeness abounds there. Ajo, AZ is a sleepy little town with very friendly, polite citizens. Travel South to the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, and the park rangers tell you to get out of the park before nighfall for your safety, and stay alert hiking; you just may find an old car flying up the path into the U.S.
What can be done? I fear it is akin to stopping the flow of the Mississippi.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:13 AM   #23

Well for starters, you can contact your reps with a message like this;

My opinion of the amnesty bill is the same as Peggy Noonan's "a big dirty ball of mischief, malfeasance, and mendacity, with a touch of class malice."

I am keeping a count on everyone who votes for this disgrace and those that do I will do 3 things and encourage others to do the same through e-mails, blogs phone and face to face and rallies

1) I will not vote for them.
2) I will be active in helping to recruit someone to run against them.
3) I will give money to that candidate.

Very Sincerely,
Your Name
City & State

Go to this web site email Congress Staff Directly

At the top is a pull down menu for your state.
You then get a list of all the staffers that work for your rep in the House & Senate

The e-mail is formatted to work with MS Outlook also so that when you click on that choice ALL the e-mail address are included in just 2 e-mails! The sweet thing that they are in the CC or BC part of the e-mail. That way you can send your message to your friends and they know it! I also asked for a "Return Receipt" so they would know that I knew they got the e-mail.

Regardless of how you see this effecting business the bottom line is this shows there are no consequences to coming here illegally and in fact you get can rewarded with citizenship!

I have to obey the laws of my country as a citizen. Why should I accept less from any one else?

Then there are always organizing rallies at your state Capitol.

I organized a support the troops rally about 3 years ago with just 2 other people and was Master of Ceremonies too

I had never done anything like that before! Moreover, it was very successful with state rep speakers, local radio personalities, national media, and a large turn out!

You will be amazed at how things can just come together and how much support you actually have once you start. You start, others WILL follow!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudyandJim:
I agree that we need to take action, but WHAT action? Can anyone suggest something that is realistic, doesn't put our economy in a nosedive, and doesn't start civil war and rioting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The last time I looked the Alamo was still standing, they say that history repeats itself. Which politican will be our Davie Crockett?
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #25

1. Secure the borders. This is priority #1. I mean the entire border north and south. If this is not done everything else is worthless.
2. Deport illegals as they are discovered.
3. Allow employers to verify green cards, birth certificates with the INS or issuing state. No green card or birth certificate with raised seal no job.
4. A one year jail sentence for any employer caught hiring illegals.
Extreme yes but if we are going to spend 238 billion lets get serious.
PS. Our govt can't even stop a guy with TB on a no fly list.
It took my wife 6 years to get her citizen ship.
My plan.
PaulTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 AM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
"I do not recall the name. It is legal under current federal laws. Elect their politicians to control the entire state's legislative branch, secede from the U.S. and petition Mexican government to become a state of Mexico."

I believe you refer to 'La Raza' or The Race. Last year during a hate/racist anti-American march in Phoenix, they chanted they would 'kill all the Gringos and take back "THEIR" country'!

The Phoenix Republic and governor applauded their march!!! The Republic is not allowed to use the word 'illegal alien'. They are undocumented workers or just immigrants.

It is gonna get nasty one of these days.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:27 AM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
The movement to which you refer is "reconquista". More information is available HERE in a Washington Times article from last year.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #28

Well said, GarbageMan...

I couldn't agree with you more. A vast majority of our citizens are content to wallow in mediocrity. Of course, the "fix" should have been done 30 years ago, and is now a very difficult problem to correct.

We were in Paris last year during the anti-American march in Phoenix, but it made world-wide news. At the same time, there was a similar demonstration going on in Paris, supporting the demonstrators in the U.S. It is not a small problem, it is a wildfire about to become a forest fire..

As my husband and I were discussing the posts in this topic over dinner last night, our dinner dishes were cleared from our restaurant table by someone of "unknown citizenship" who did not speak English. In fact, the room was full of these busboys. I told him about looking out our condo's window earlier that day, watching 10 men of "unknown citizenship" (non of whom speak English), running around with power hedge trimmers and other garden tools.... I pondered what would happen if this army of thousands, doing yard work all over our city every day, filling the kitchens of restaurants, and all the other jobs that they fill... were to become angry about our border policies. Not a pleasant thought. Am I an alarmist? Maybe... But it is a scary thought.

Our homes on the road