Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
My neighbor started getting it on occasion. He still had his tonsils, once removed, he never got it again.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #16

Yep, 2006 on my left side and then in 2009 on my right side. Prednisone both times and I don't think I have any lasting ill effects.
Kinda strange/scary occurrence.
Hope your diagnosis is from a MD. Self diagnosis is not always accurate.
All the best.
dm.akafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #17

Have doc check for Ramsey Hunt Syndrome. I had it and it's very painful...it's shingles in the ear and causes bells palsy symptoms but is not bells palsy. Best to you.
GVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had it about 30 years ago. My memory is a bit dim about the length, but am sure it didn't last more than a couple of weeks as it faded away. It came on suddenly as I woke up on morning with no feeling on one side of my face. I had been exposed to irritating concentrations of H2S gas the day before (working on a gas well containing H2S), but have no idea if that was just a coincidence or not. The Dr. gave me nothing for it, just slowly went away.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:51 AM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
day 7. terrible headaches and swelling is increasing along the back of the neck above the skin but outside the skull, all the way across.

Pain pockets in the jaw and cheek and ear is hypersensitive, keeping eye taped shut.

Gonna go to the ER or a Neurologist today because couldn't sleep last night from pain and have lost my appetite and was naseated in bed.

In the office now but on double pain killers to keep it down until the dr opens at 9:00
Old 06-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
day 7. terrible headaches and swelling is increasing along the back of the neck above the skin but outside the skull, all the way across.

Pain pockets in the jaw and cheek and ear is hypersensitive, keeping eye taped shut.

Gonna go to the ER or a Neurologist today because couldn't sleep last night from pain and have lost my appetite and was naseated in bed.

In the office now but on double pain killers to keep it down until the dr opens at 9:00
We have you on our list. Keep us informed and hope you are better very soon.

Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 AM   #21

Praying for you if you need anything give me a call I'll come by
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you Dave. So I went to Concentra which is urgent care to find out what was going on with the swelling around my brain and stuff and my old internists my old doctor came in he was my doctor for 15 years came in and sat down beside me in the waiting room (he was there for a blood test!) I had been there for 2 hours in the waiting room and he felt the swelling on the head and everything and describe everything to me that I had been experiencing and he said all of it was bells palsy every single pane and every single nerve to hurt he told me that the ear drum muscle is also paralyzed that's why everything sounds so loud and your ear hurts so bad which contributes to the overall pain and headaches and that the neural facial cranial nerves are all swollen and transmit pain. He told me there's not a thing that you can do for it, nothing has been proven to cause it and nothing has been proven to fix it he said the only thing to do is stay away from computer screens and LED and the Sun and and don't focus on anything more than you have to double up on my pain pills and ride it out that's all I can do but at least I know all these symptoms are from the bells he said that it is that my case is one of the worst cases because I have all of the symptoms one of the worst symptoms is loss of taste and I had that the first day anyway I'm staying home for a few days and let's hope and pray it gets better but I'm so thankful that my old doctor came in there and told me all that he SAT there beside me for 15 minutes and explained it all to me and I do not believe in coincidences so this was help from above
Old 06-29-2015, 04:29 PM   #23

Had a brief occurrence earlier this year. Went to doctor, got on the prednisone and took about 2 weeks to fully clear up. Sounds like you have it worse with pain, mine was just more nuisance with the half facial paralysis. My eye still blinked, so no taping needed, but you are wise to keep your eye from drying out. It is not caused by anything you did or did not do, and is caused by inflammation of the nerve by the ear canal as stated. Hope you feel better soon, and the headaches and pain subside.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Day 16. Still major symptoms, including headache, ear ache, inability to sleep at night, eye blinking issues, BUT I dont have to tape my eye shut anymore, it will close now with effort.

The remaining symptoms are still there, no taste, or very little taste (sometimes better than others, but mostly all metallic) eye blinking issues, tearing/teardrop, droopy lips/mouth, earache, neck pain, neuralgia, etc.

I keep waiting for this magical '3 weeks' and things will be better, which, they are, its just that I'm getting so worn down with it. Ugh.

Exhaustion and headaches, dizziness, nausea, despite pain meds, are gettin OLD!!!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are not feeling much better, Kent. Hang in there!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Sorry you are not feeling much better, Kent. Hang in there!
X2 Kent.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #27

Jayco Owners Club
Bell's Palsy has been linked to Lyme's Disease.

Neurological Complications of Lyme Disease Information Page: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)

Lymes Disease is epidemic
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:05 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
I still believe despite all the professional opinions that something else is going on because I've had 2-3 run ins with flu-like symptoms, but was told it is all the Bells symptoms.

I am getting better, slowly, but it is at a very glacial pace.

I know I had Eppstein Barr diagnosed about 15 years ago but never heard or did any more with that either. I'll ask the Doc if he can run a test to rule out Lyme.

Thanks All.