Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club

I'm closing in on my 2 year retirement anniversary in February. No regrets.

We keep very busy since retirement with travel, projects, and social activities. In looking back, I'm not sure how I had time for work with how busy we are these days.

Dave & Young
2003 American Coach Revolution 40C
Link to Projects on our 2003 Revolution 40C
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club

John & Diann
2014 Dutch Star 4364 - 2011 CRV EX-L AWD
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
Yesterday was my last day at work, I'm now retired. Feels pretty good but might take a few weeks to adjust and unwind. I think I will be able to guts it out though. A little snowmobiling then see you in Arizona in March. Jim

WOW! Jimmy, ole Santa was good to you for sure! Enjoy!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations on the retirement! Never be able to top this Christmas gift.
Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
Been retired for 9+ years and never wanted to go back. Have not been able to full time as I have a younger bride. Ha ha. We take care of our 2 GC 2 days a week, but will start traveling more after June of 2015. Enjoy your "do whatever you want" 365 day vacation.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale)* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #20
Congrats, it will take you more than a few weeks to get used to it. First it will feel like a long vacation, and soon you will realize you don't have to be anywhere except where you want to be...That's when you relax and it gets fun.
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
Congratulations, have fun and enjoy the new chapter in your life!
2005 Kenworth Showhauler truck conversion.
. 44 ft, Cummins ISX15 450 hp, 10 speed, twin screw
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #22
Tiffin Owners Club
I hope you have a long and great retirement.

I still dream of being at work (retired 3 years in April) but it sure is nice to wake up and realize I'm not at work and I don't have to go there anymore!!
Larry and Prissy Sharp
2006 Allegro Bay 37DB
2012 Toyota Yaris
LarrytheBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #23
Larry, I have those dreams too...it's always a big decision I have to make or problem I have to take care of, and it's great when you wake up and realize it's just a dream and somebody else's problem. It make the whole day brighter.
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #24
I hope your retirement turns out better than mine. Little over 2 years ago I was forced into retirement at 57. We had to leave the SB and go full time in our MH. We have been on the road moving from campground to campground seeing this great country and meeting many wonderful people, and a few stinkers. We don't have to worry about getting up early and dragging our self in to work. We do what we want when we want as long as the money or beer doesn't run out! And if it does we just set back and wait for the next pension check to come in and we start over. I am forced to do yard work once or twice a week I go out and pick up the rug in front of the steps shake it out and put it back down, then back to my beer. I hope the pressure doesn't get to me. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Just dont let the pressure get to you.
Mody n Domy
full timing it
Mody n Domy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #25
Congratulations! I retired from working for a fortune 500 company 18 months ago. My wife runs a food distribution business so now I'm helping her build that business so we both can fully retire in a couple more years!

I remember when my first pension check hit the bank! I was out on Lake Michigan salmon fishing when my wife sent me a text telling me the check hit the bank. I cracked open a beer and couldn't get the smile off my face all day!
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #26
My company overreacted over economic conditions in 2008, and retired everyone 55+ years old. Some never prepared themselves mentally, physically and fiscally for early retirement. I had been ready to hang it up for years.

I still have to work on handling my personal business. When you have a decent 401K, every investment company and stock broker is going to blitz you with marketing letters, etc. But now, my office is in my bed--not sitting in an office with people I don't to be around. It does take awhile to get to where you can leave when you want to leave.

We had a daughter late in life, and she is a single mother with 2 little kids. Unfortunately, we can only leave for our RV a week at a time at this point in our life.

If I lived as far north as you, I'd be heading south in November and flying home for Christmas. And have a great time on the road.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #27
Tiffin Owners Club

My dear DW and I retired 19 months ago and have LOVED every minute of it and like others have said I really don't know how we had time to work.I really would like to travel more but we still have the S&B and all that up keep so we will probably sell out in a couple of years and decide then what we will do.Congrats.On your retirement and I hope you have many years to do nothing but play.
Billy & Millie (2013 Allegro 36 LA) USMC VET
2013 Hyundai GT, 08 Harley trike
Mastertow dolly/ Great Doxie- Gracie
papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #28
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the good advice. Been good so far, I even cut 2 things off that long Honey-Do list. Got a couple things lined up to do during the week that I couldn't do while working, feels great. Jim.

2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote