Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
There are two problems with barbeque. First, the pigs have been "chickenized" by companies like Tyson and the pigs are not fat enough to really produce great smoke. Second, modern cookers are gas and their smoke comes from a couple of pieces of hickory firewood. Barbeque is just not as good as it was in 1960.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #30

Gulf Streamers Club
Thumbs up Best BBQ

For our family it is Shealy's BBQ in Batesburg/Leesville SC. Great BBQ and the best vegetables we have had. They have fried chicken along with a salad and desert bar. This is a buffet style restaurant. Mondays is discount day. Call ahead to make sure they are open. Closed on Christmas and July 4. For us it is a 2 hour drive each way and well worth it.
We have eaten BBQ all across the US and over all Shealy's is still #1.
wagonmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #31
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoA36 View Post
For pork of to Lexington BBQ in Lexington, NC, right on Rt 64. None better. Ask for sandwich, lean, brown, chopped.
I agree, this is some of the best BBQ I've ever had. But it's not near major highways.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #32

Little Miss BBQ in Phoenix,AZ. They start lining up around 10:30 in the morning.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #33

Best BBQ ribs I ate were at the World Food Championship in Vegas this last November. www.houseofq.com won first place in the world. These ribs were awesome. The guy makes and sells his own BBQ sauce which he used to win first in the world. The sauce is called House of Q. It is available on line in the USA through a distributor in Kansas and also on line in Canada. Retailers are listed on his web site.
Apple butter sauce, Slow smoke Gold sauce both won top awards in Kansas City and in other competitions.

With a good smoker and good sauce you will stretch your tongue! and belly!

Look up his web site; He has some awesome BBQ recipes that he shares.
fishchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have traveled through 49 states with RV's and we prefer any roadside portable BBQ in the state of TEXAS.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
Rendezvous Ribs in Memphis. On a back alley near the Peabody hotel. A cabbie guided us there and we were NOT disappointed!
Folks come to Rendezvous from all over. In a basement, in an alley, great!!

Dreamland in Tuscaloosa, and Calhoun's in Nashville.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #36
MPH

I've lived in Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas (where I was born), and traveled all over the country; but the one of the best barbeque places anywhere is Can't Stop Smokin' in Ruidoso, NM. (We have a vacation home there.) The owner and barbeque master came to NM from Houston and brought his signature sauce with him. He smokes meats of all kinds to perfection. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:02 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
There are so many great rib joints around the country but I have to give a thumbs up for the Country Tavern in Kilgore, TX. I have been a Kansas city BBq society certified BBQ judge for 9 years and know good ribs when I bite into them.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:22 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hunt View Post
Best I ever ate came from on of my cookers. Either the trailer mounted stick burner or the Pitt barrel cooker.
Brisket,ribs, butt, etc

I agree... Pit Barrel Cookers make the best ribs, chicken and brisket. I just saw they upgraded it to a ceramic coating. i'll have to get another!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:15 AM   #39

Ok where in Kilgore I run 135 then 259 be there in 2 weeks
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #40

Wilbers in Goldsboro, NC is my favorite but there are many different styles of BBQ in NC. Lexington is the BBQ capital. Fat Matts in Atlanta is very good also.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a link to trip advisor for the Country Tavern in Kilgore with info and location. A must stop place for rib lovers. I would drive way out of my way for these. See here: Country Tavern Barbecue, Kilgore - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Also, never have been but read these could be the best BBQ in TX : Snows BBQ, 516 Main St, Lexington, TX 78947.

I will be trying these out in about one month!

Stuart
Old 02-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
I agree the caveman is very good