Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #15
Congratulations to all survivors!!! Glory be to god!!!

amkrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post

No chemo or radiation...no better deal than cold steel however.

We met a gentleman today with the exact same cancer as I had but he delayed getting treatment. He is now trying experimental drugs just trying to live.
I was told I had prostate cancer in 1998. My options were surgery, cryotreatment (freezing), drugs, seed implant radiation, or watchful waiting.

I got on i'net and read up on all treatments and the pros/cons for each. The cancer had progressed to some degree but no indication of spread.

After 2 weeks of research and consultation w/ doctors, I opted for seed implants. My doc was skeptical saying he was not optimistic but he agreed to do it.

I went in the hosp at 5AM and due to a mixup had to wait since they had forgotten to get a gas passer for me. Oh well, I got into surgery at 8AM.

Out of surgery at 9AM, alert at 10AM and told I could leave when I passed urine ok.

I was home <1PM. and back to work 2 days later.

That was 14 years ago and to date, no problems.

I just gpt a PSA test and have pre scheduled dr. appointment next week. I have my fingers crossed.

I seem to be a test bed for doctors. I had a quad bypass in 2000, gall bladder in 2001, knee replace in 2010 (redone in 2011) and 9 vertebra fused in 2011. Whew!

I will celebrate my (our) 50th anniversary in 2 weeks and my 70th BD in August.

Wretched excess is just barely enough.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
I just gpt a PSA test and have pre scheduled dr. appointment next week. I have my fingers crossed.
One of my doctors at MD Anderson Cancer Center told me yesterday to never have blood work taken for a PSA test soon after your physical exam as it (the physical exam) tends to elevate the PSA numbers.

I had a low grade carcinoid tumor surgically removed from my colon but I do monitor my PSA numbers closely.

Good luck and I pray your number is low. Please let us know!
Jim with Judy
08 38' Bounder DP
Toads: 08 Jeep Wrangler Sport; 11 Chevy Malibu
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had bleeding problems late in 2010, went to gastroenterologist, said it was nothing and would do colonoscopy next year as scheduled. Not satisfied, went to my family dr, he said do colonoscopy, found tumor on colon. Surgery to remove six inches of colon and tumor successful, got all the cancer, no chemo required. Surgery JUNE 2011,check up every three months, everything good. Don't be afraid to get second opinion. Thank God and good doctors for saving me. Please, if you have never had a colonoscopy, please get one, it may save your life.
dajudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #19
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are 50 and have never had a colonoscopy, do it now, do not wait. I went in at 51 and it was a life saver. I had several cancerous lesions. I asked my gastro doctor if this would have turned to full blown bowel cancer in time. His answer was, if you had left it one more year, your wife would have lost you. The Lord treats me pretty good Praise God!

Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now I can say a prayer of thanks for you. The prayers for you getting well worked.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is absolutely no doubt having a colonoscopy saved my life too. If you haven't had one and you're over the age of fifty-don't wait. Yeah, the prep sucks but have you ever seen how cancer slowly sucks the life from someone; I have. Now that really sucks.

And you ladies...don't just depend on your annual mammograms either. Self examinations are a must. I lost a wife that had a mammogram in July and due to whatever reason, she failed to do a self examination for several months. When she got around to it in January she found a lump and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She survived 40 months and none of that time was fun. Nuff said!

If this thread convinces one reader to have a colonoscopy, a PSA test and for a woman to do a put off breast self exam, then we've accomplished something.

Jim with Judy
08 38' Bounder DP
Toads: 08 Jeep Wrangler Sport; 11 Chevy Malibu
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote