Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-24-2015, 09:04 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Big Time RV on Travel Channel

I just have to laugh at the humor in this "RV Show" filmed at Lazy Days running on the Travel Channel. All the "buyers" are such noobs and don't represent the slightest majority of the RV owners. They all seem to have unrealistic expectations but a whole lot of cash (or credit). They show some really nice rigs there, but come on now - drop the silly actors and use some real people.

1998 Country Coach Allure 36' (CC# 30146), Cummins ISC 325
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Roadmaster Brakemaster & Blackhawk
Retired USAFR
ltcolmac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
I can't relate to what these people are shopping for. One of them did have a MH for trade and was looking for more HP. He wanted 500hp for under $400,000 and had to be perfect for their little doggie. I think show is trying to get the viewing public to believe this is how people vacation. You can't park most of these in any National Park or certainly most State Parks. And I wonder if the potential buyers realize the cost of maintaining one of these top end coaches. I also wonder how much Lazy Days pays for the production of this series. I stayed at Lazy Days in Tampa for a rally and wasn't comfortable with the size of the operation. Nice facility but not where I would like to relax. I would like to see a show that has normal income families looking for a way to see the country in an economical way.

2014 Palomino Puma 25RS 28 days in 2014, 47 days in 2015, 51 days in 2016 plus 6 more booked
2011 F-150 Supercrew 5.0 6spd, Me, Xyl and the 2 kids, BooBoo and Gracie (kittens)
KT4Wextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't you just yearn for the days of Wish You Were Here (with Kenny & Donna Price) and Going My Way?

Both were a bit more down to reality.
2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Friends of ours were featured on this show last season. They had bought a Georgetown from LD but in the show, they were supposedly buying a smaller Bounder. Many details of their purchase were changed to make the show work.
They did have a good time and some parts of their seven minute part were correct. It was their seven minutes of fame and we still razz them about it!
Revolution LE 38X C9 Cat
2011 Scion TC toad
1985 KLR 600 as a backup...
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
We watched two episodes the other night. Also thought they were pretty unrealistic. For example, the mother and daughter had about $30,000 to spend. Showed them an RPOD that was too small, then sold them a 28' Airstream. Was there nothing in between that would fit their needs? BTW: I saw an Airstream that size, maybe a different model, priced at $144,000. So much for the budget.
coupevilleDF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
On one of the shows the salesman said lets take it for a test drive and they back out of the spot with the bedroom slides out I wonder how far they got
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
Our salesman left the steps out for our test drive
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #8
Just like most reality shows there's probably not much "reality" in the stories presented.
I have to wonder - didn't any of the buyers hear of this new "Internet" invention? If I was shopping for something in the six figure range you can bet I would have already narrowed my selection before I stepped on the lot.
ScottS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
Jayco Owners Club
I wish someone would do a show about everyday folks with TTs and 5ers you meet in the campgrounds. It would be interesting to hear their experiences... but let's face it... If there was such a show, some of the negative press for the manufacturers would have to come out... and they wouldn't like that. So... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any such show. Too bad, though, because it might force them to come up a few notches in initial quality.
Jack and Dee Dee Weatherford, Texas
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 w/CTD 6.7
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH Travel Trailer
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:18 AM   #10
I agree that the show is dumb to the point of ridiculous but that's TV today. The show has folks coming in who have no idea of what an RV is let alone what they should be paying for a rig. It's basically a Lazy Days commercial. I watch it to see the RV's but most of all I'd love to see the negotiations.
2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #11
The show needs the "drama" or it wouldn't fly. If the drama doesn't come naturally, they manufactor it. Just like most so called "reality shows".

Ken Gasbarri
Be Of Good Cheer!!!
DraginRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #12
Funny, I actually like the show...
pismocouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #13
I enjoyed it too. It was nice to see something on TV about RV's.

Ruddog is offline   Reply With Quote