Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Blue Boy......

OUR BLUE BOY.....

We are staying at a campground that does not have sewer connections at the water front sights. Knowing this in advance I bought one of those ''Blue Boy'' poop hauler tanks to go behind the truck to empty our gray and black water tanks. It is one of the 30 gallon models and it requires ''assembly''. Knowing this I got myself a beer and dumped all the contents out on our picnic table and opened my beer. Inside a plastic pack there was a bunch of little stuff and an instruction book in nine languages. I took a swig of beer and got out the instructions and started looking for ''English''. There are pictures which are real handy because all the pictures of what you need to do to assemble the thing are in ''ENGLISH''.... I had to attach the ''pull handle'' to the main body of the tank with a pin and extend the ''extender thing'' and put a pin thru that also to keep it ''extended''..... I had to be careful because it is possible to put the ''pull handle'' on upside down and that would cause the front of the tank to drag the ground when you pulled it with your pick up truck. More beer here.....

The tank came with an ''attachment hose'' with a ''attachment ring'' on both ends. It also came with a couple of ''screw clamps'' and a warning to put them on really tight or you could get a poop bath. I did all this assembly and took another swig of beer. I rolled the complete mess around to the side of my coach and opened my ''sewer/gray water '' access door. I removed the floor plate and had a terrible thought. My black tank is 50 gallons and my Blue Boy is 30 gallons and how the heck am I gonna know when the Blue Boy is reaching capacity?????? I took a swig of beer and pondered the problem. On the Blue Boy there is a ''wash out'' fitting at the top of the tank where a water hose can be attached to ''wash out'' the tank at the end of a session. HUMMMMMM? I removed the cover on the wash out fitting and peeked inside. HUUMMM? Maybe I could ''peek'' in here and watch the black water rise and cut it off when the tank gets full...... NAAAAAAHHH....
Maybe I could poke my finger down thru this hole and ''feel for the stuff''' to fill the tank to this level and cut off the valve???? NAAAAHHHH....
I took another big swig of beer and pondered the problem of knowing how much ''stuff'' I had in the tank.....
Like a lightning bolt it occurred to me how to solve the problem. (let Willa do this while I go fishin') Wrong........ On my sewer system end there is a ''clear plastic'' elbow so you can see when your tank goes empty. I took this clear plastic elbow from my system's end and removed the pipe on the Blue Boy and installed the clear plastic elbow on the Blue Boy fitting. I then installed the flex pipe on the end of the ''clear plastic elbow'' and hooked the other end to my sewer system on the coach..... TAAAAAADDDDDAAAAHHH......... I so snart..... I took a victory swig of beer. I took a 6 x 6 block of wood and propped up the front of the Blue Boy so it was on about a ten degree angle with the ground.

Here is the way this thing works.
One. You open your black water valve and let the ''black water'' whoosh for about five seconds. This gives you that cleaning surge we all love and are familiar with, then you ''throttle back'' the discharge valve so that you are in full control of the flow rate. The flow rate of poop is X times the rate of gravity, divided by the angle of the dangle which is inversely proportional to the viscosity of the liquid not counting toilet paper that is not dissolved. (this is for you signtific people)
Two. You watch down at the ''clear plastic elbow'' while your ''stuff'' goes into the Blue Boy tank. Throttle back a little bit more now and watch closely because in a minute or two your are going to see standing liquid appear in your clear plastic elbow...... CUT OFF THE VALVE NOW.....
Three. Your Blue Boy tank is now about ¾ full because you have that 6 x 6 block under the front of the tank...........
Four. Now, reach over and grab your GRAY WATER VALVE and give it a one second WHOOSH to clean the poop out of the connector pipe.
Five. Let the whole mess drain for about a minute and then be sure both valves are shut and remove the connecter pipe from your system. Take string or a bungee cord and tie that connector pipe to the handle of the Blue Boy and remove the 6x6 block from under the front of the Blue Boy. Be sure to put the cover back on the water hose attachment thingie on the top of the tank. Take another swig of beer and hook the Blue Boy to your toad and proceed slowly to the sewer dump station. Go slow so you will not spill your beer. When you get to the sewer dump station, unhook from your toad and hook the washout hose to your wash out port and turn it on full force. Release your sewer pipe and put it into the sewer system and ''tip up'' your Blue Boy and God and gravity will take care of the rest. You will be able to see when your Blue Boy is washed out real good by looking at the clear plastic fitting where your discharge hose is hooked up. Do not take a swig of beer here. Someone will see you and want to help you drink your beer and that ain't good.

Repeat this as necessary until your Poop Tank is empty and then use the same method to drain your Gray tank. It worked for me and I only drank three beers and didn't spill a drop of poop, gray water or beer.

Remember this...... If you use this valuable information you must pay me ten cents the next time you see me............ On the other hand........ IF IT DONT WORK FOR YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I NEVER KNEW YOU.....

Yesterday I met three sailors that had been over in the sandbox. I thanked them and saluted them and bought them two six packs and let them drink them all without my help.
God bless our troops and bring them home soon please ...
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #2

Leave it to you to write a story about dumping sanitaries.

You want another?
Visit the USS Cavalla web site and go to the Cavalla Crews section, page 4 for a story by Robert Mahon (me).
Then go back to page 3 for a follow-on by Patrick Kailing.

Honest to God, it happened just that way.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #3

Seajay,

You and your blogging and stories. You never assit to amaze me n the things you write in your posting. You sure do know how to tell a good story swig your beer and make one laugh...have a great day Can't wait to see your next post...lol...
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:46 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I do christen the ''Bob, 'Apple Core', Mahon, the submarine sailor man.
Aint you glad you was sitting on a bucket instead of just sitting on a folded towel over the ''hole''.......lol...

FYI.... I volunteered for sub service twice on the Norton and they said I was too valuable where I was to let me go.

be safe my sailor friend

Me.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #5

I sure loved the Navy.
If I hadn't had a child (who I wanted to grow up with) and wasn't headed back over, I would have stayed in for the duration.

Some of the best times of my life, Apple cores notwithstanding.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote