Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #29
Evergreen Owners Club
I think there should be three lines of your choice. #1 takes you to the body scanner, #2 takes you to the pat down area, #3 takes you to the parking lot.

2015 Evergreen Bayhill

340 RK
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #30
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe I will start again

Haven't flown since I retired in 1987, the last flight from Reno to Newburgh, NY, lasted 18 hours and 6 sets of pretzels to eat. No time between flights to grab a sandwich. However, if I could be assured a pretty young TSA would pat me down, I might start flying again. Where to? a lot of short flights anywhere.

Retired US Air Force and IBM
Old 11-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #31
The following is from a 'Letter to the Editor' in todays local newspaper. Thought I'd send it along.

"While you are standing in line getting groped or whatever, freight is being dropped off on the other side of the airport & is being quickly whisked out to the tarmac & being loaded on the same plane you are getting on. Only a small portion of freight is checked. That means any type of item can be in the boxes that get loaded on your plane.

Also, the U.S. Postal Service uses commercial planes for transport of mail. That is not being scanned either. So, basically everything you are experiencing in the terminal is negated in the freight warehouse."

Hmm! Food for thought. jodann
Old 11-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Hi all... your friendly neighborhood Community Moderator here.

This is certainly a hot topic these days and discussion here is appropriate. However, we are a family RV Forum so let's please make sure to keep the content of our posts away from that slippery slope to crude. Please.

We certainly don't want to over moderate but could use a little help keeping this one on the high road.

Thanks much...

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 11-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #33
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by DFR View Post
I think there should be three lines of your choice. #1 takes you to the body scanner, #2 takes you to the pat down area, #3 takes you to the parking lot.
DFR, that is a great idea!! You are a wise man !!
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #34
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Long lines at the airports, the non-caring arrogance of the airlines coupled with expensive filthy motel rooms, and the desire to take the pets along are the major reasons we bought the motor home. Sure don't miss the hassles.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #35
Winnebago Owners Club
Freedom is lost a little at a time.

We'll review all these comments when the federal government is your health insurer.
Liberals and the mainstream derided Sarah Palin when she mentioned "death panels".
So, whats your thinking now?

It is sad we are headed to European style of government. And Germany is headed towards what we used to be.

Our defeat will be from the top. Fortunately most of us won't be here to see it.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #36
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed at a Quality Inn in Flagstaff years ago. Around 11pm my wife was getting into bed when her feet hit something. It turned out to be someones socks. The management then offered us another room which we accepted. Everything looked clean so we accepted the room. Later we went into the bathroom and low and behold, we were gtreeted with short curly hairs in the bottom of the tub.
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #37
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Body scan or pat down

As long as all members of the Executive Branch, Legislative Branch and Judicial Branch of our government comply so shall I.
Have fun!
Joyce, Milt 2000 Safari Trek 2830
Kettle Falls, Wa
Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #38
When we basically have to be strip searched to travel from one state to another, the enemy has won.
Naaaa they only win when we are dead.
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Old 11-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #39
I will not fly.I will not sleep in a motel bed because my wife told me they do not wash the comforter. They have bed bugs on the east coast. But at my age I think I would like to try a pat down and then go a finish my trip in my 5 Th wheel.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #40
Ford Super Duty Owner
Redistribution of Liberty

Evidently not only the pilots get a free pass some passengers will also get a by.
and - despite history of terror attacks and threats - they cannot even be suspect at the airports because, according Liberal orthodoxy, that would amount to racial profiling and discrimination
Redistribution of Liberty

So instead just who is being profiled in this case, interesting eh!

Vanguard VXL2000
Ford V10 Super Duty
Me the Missus and Gabby
Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #41
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah! Security!

Is it all for show? My personal opinion is that there is not enough security. Examples are the baggage and other items placed in the cargo section that are not scrutinized. They do not have the manpower. So, they start charging for baggage and it dwindles the count down.

In the screening process they take away fingernail files and the likes. But, I can get on with a rolling-ball pen and it IS a lethal weapon like a knife.

Barriers are placed around so called strategic areas but can be busted with heavy duty trucks. Pop up spikes are used to disintegrate tires, but trucks can run on the rims for the short distance needed. Bolsters of 8 inch pipe are filled with cement and sunk into the ground several feet and apart to stop a truck or car. But, a motorcycle with saddle bags can do just as much damage and can snake through those barricades.

My personal opinion is that they do not put enough thought into security. And unfortunately our lives depend on it.

The idea of a terrorist is to terrorize.

They have succeeded. People fear for their lives every day.

Today's security is all for show; and it is expensive.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #42

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
If you are on a flight and the guy next to you stands up and starts screaming " love to Allaha" and pulls an explosive out of his pants, you will wish that everyone on board was stripped and cavity searched before boarding.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Sorry, I fail to see how government sanctioned voyeurism or officially mandated sexual molestation under the guise of "making the air traveling public safe" will make the skies safer one whit.

It's all security theater, and the only flight I will take now is a hop Space Available on military aircraft.

I'm seeing my daughter this Thanksgiving. I live in the Florida panhandle, she lives in San Antonio. The difference between flying with two connections and time for security and driving towing the fiver is only three hours.

Driving wins out, especially seeing how having my private parts fondled by a government official to get on an airplane is the alternative.

The terrorists have won.

SSgt. Richard L Ray, USAF (Retired) - Laura L Ray
Our second home is a vintage 1995 Jayco Eagle 277RB 'The Love Shack"
towed by a 2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab short bed "The Green Goblin"

Closed Thread