Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #43
Naked bodies are next and colonoscopies will be required. This is phase 4 . The lines are 1. Pat Downs 2. Security scanners, Those who protest the movements= and 4 the do not fly out of here lines. In the meantime the terrorist are laughing at us. They have other plans announced already. Don't destroy the mass of people just attack a plane to bring it down. A few people will die, the rest will fly. Al and his boys made this a headline today. Destroying freighters, passenger planes is their goals now. I'll stick to my RV as long as I can. Haven't flown in years, and hope to not start now. The show will tame down sometime soon.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #44
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can anyone tell me if you can go through a scanner now with a metal belt buckle and gold rings on? Someone told me that the new ones are smarter and it's not necessary to remove this stuff.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 AM   #45
To be honest i dont mind any as asoon as i go past these security measures i feel alot better and i get that feeling of the start of my holiday.
id rather the scanners as it saves teh hassle of the pat down and its only people who got something to hide will moan and refuse them

Online Guide to Motor Insurances
Old 11-22-2010, 06:54 AM   #46
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
People who think this way are extemely selfish because they know that if there is another 911 they will be at home watching it on tv.
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #47
It will be difficult for the writers of history books to convey to future generations what social logic was used to accept this and other PC based initiatives.
Option 3 for me..PROFILE
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #48
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I just flew the other day. I was picked at random for my choice of scanner or pat-down. I chose scanner as no one touches my junk but my wife (or my doctor when he asks me to cough). I might reconsider if the pat downer was female 10 cause I'd walk away with my own little fantasy. LOL. However, till that wish presents itself, I figure, whoever looks at my body through the scanner sees about 1440 people a day. At 53, I would imagine there are a lot more people with more memorable bodies than mine they will think about. LOL I never take off my belt (with buckle) or my watch or braclet or rings. Walk through without issue in USA and Canada.
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Old 11-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #49
We haven't flown since October 1995, and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future. We travel surface transportation = our RV!
My signature block says everything. Since our signature block is limited to three lines and cuts off the last words and author; here is the complete quote:

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of darkness."___Supreme Court Justice William Douglas
To me that sums it up nicely!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Old 11-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #50
Winnebago Owners Club
Ray,IN; You and Justice Douglas are spot on. Many do not understand what the Justice is saying.

Obviously there are a goodly amount of posters who have never shed blood for our country, and are okay and probably happy with another freedom lost.

"Catch the train, don't fly" etc,. is NOT the answer. Who is trying to kill us? Nobody knows? If you don't know, then may the next blast be yours.

It's true this is a family forum. When your child is screaming to be let alone at the airport, please don't say "I wonder what caused this"? Some of us know!

Think Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and those men who gathered the courage in the face of certain death and forced the plane down in Shanksville, PA. Would you do what those men did? A few; yes. Most; sit like zombies.

Just my personal opinion, which everyone has.

Kerry (PH w/1olc)
Old 11-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #51
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
"Catch the train, don't fly" etc,. is NOT the answer. Who is trying to kill us? Nobody knows? If you don't know, then may the next blast be yours.
Catching The train is exactly the answer, especially for those, like myself, who think people fly entirely too often and would like to see the air travel network in the US shrink to about a 1/4 that is is now.

Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
It's true this is a family forum. When your child is screaming to be let alone at the airport, please don't say "I wonder what caused this"? Some of us know!
When my child is screaming to be let alone at an airport, I'll be wondering how they got to the airport, since I have no plans to ever take them there....
'92 Dodge W250 "Dually" Power Wagon
KIT 1106 Kamper Slide-in Truck Camper
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 11-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #52
National RV Owners Club
TSA Bumper Stickers

I have flown 2-3 times a month for the past 15 years. I also have Total knee replacements so I get the full shakedown every time. I wish there were other avenues but this is what we have. Remember 911. Now a look at the funny side of the subject...

2000 National Tradewinds
2008 Chevy HHR Toad
Our Travel Photos- www.Lookingglassphotos.com
Old 11-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #53
I carry a red diplomatic passport. I am still required to go through the search. My briefcase is exemt. My travel is normally on US govt buisness. Prior to 9/11 I was on U. S. Navy buiness in The Land down under. And have to come home on an emergency. when clearing customs. I offered to show my orders and customs officer said no thank you sir your red Passport was enough for him. Now I go thru what most others go thru.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #54

Think Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and those men who gathered the courage in the face of certain death and forced the plane down in Shanksville, PA. Would you do what those men did? A few; yes. Most; sit like zombies.

Kerry (PH w/1olc)[/QUOTE]

How old was everyone in 1979? The US as well as Western Civilization has been under increasing attack since then. EVERYONE should have THAT simple information assimilated by now. Here is a list of the major attacks on the US before 9/11/01. ALL have been by the same folks. All for the same reason. The who, the purpose and the end desired has never been "unknown". Their message has been consitant and non-negotiable..submit or die. The scanners or pat downs are excercises in population control more than security precautions.
If Mohamhad wants to kill folks...he can detonate himself in the scanner or while being patted down where we have provided a gathering place for victims.
The Israelies have developed an effective security system which can be duplicated. It would be more effective, cost less and not limit liberty.
1979 Iran Hostage Crisis: seizure of US Tehran Embassy, Iran (Nov 4, 1979 for 444 days)
1983 Bombing of US Beirut Embassy, Lebanon (April 18, 1983)
1983 Bombing of US Marine barracks, Beirut, Lebanon (Oct 23, 1983)
1983 Bombing of US Kuwait Embassy (Dec 12, 1983)
1984 Bombing of US Beirut Embassy (again) (Sept 20, 1984)
1984 Kuwait Airlines Flight 221 hijacked to Tehran American passengers murdered (Dec 3, 1984)
1985 Hijacking TWA Flight 847 hijacked to Beirut (June 14, 1985)
1985 Hijacking cruise ship Achille Lauro, wheelchair-bound American is thrown overboard & killed (Oct 7, 1985)
1986 Bombing Berlin disco frequented by US servicemen (April 5, 1986)
1988 Bombing Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, 100′s murdered (Dec 21, 1988)
1993 First bombing World Trade Center, New York City, 7 Killed, 1,042 wounded (Feb 26, 1993)
1993 Foiled NY Landmarks plot by Omar Abdel Rahman to blow up the Holland and Lincoln tunnels
and other New York City landmarks
1993 Attempted Assassination of Pres. Bush Sr. during visit to Kuwait (April 14, 1993)
1993 Black Hawk Down: shot down US helicopters in Mogadishu, Somalia,
during Operation Restore Hope (Oct 3-4, 1993)
1994 Plot to assassinate President Clinton during visit to the Philippines
1995 Failed Project Bojinka by Ramzi Yousef to blow up a dozen US airliners over the Pacific (end in Jan 1995)
1995 Bombing US military headquarters, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Nov 13, 1995)
1996 Bombing Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, housing U.S. foreign military personnel (Jun 25, 1996)
1998 Bombing U.S. Nairobi Embassy, Kenya, Africa (Aug 7, 1998)
1998 Bombing U.S. Dar es Salaam Embassy, Tanzania, Africa (Aug 7, 1998)
1999 Foiled LAX Millennium plot by Ahmed Ressam to bomb Los Angeles International Airport
(Ressam was arrested at US Canadian border)
2000 Failed USS The Sullivans bombing that was refueling in the port of Aden, Yemen. (Jan 3, 2000)
2000 Bombing USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, 17 U.S. Navy sailors murdered (Oct 12, 2000)
(The USS Cole was not engaged in any combat during this period)
2000 Bombing plaza across from US Manila Embassy (Dec 30, 2000)
2001 9/11 attacks: World Trade Center, Flight 93, Pentagon, 3000+ murdered (Sept 11, 2001)
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #55
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
People who think this way are extemely selfish because they know that if there is another 911 they will be at home watching it on tv.
What is interesting is

- the news interview with Hillary Clinton where she said she would avoid going through the scanning /pat down process.
- When Janet Napolitano (responsible for implementing the scanning/pat down) was offered the opportunity to go through the process at a demonstration, she declined in favor of volunteers. It is amazing that this is a necessary thing for all but those in charge of it.
- there are TSA personnel charged with attempting to smuggle guns on board to test procedures. They are successful 7 out of 10 tries
- there is not a single documented instance of TSA preventing a terrorist of any kind.
- there have been no instances of planes from other countries who have been targeted by terrorists being blown up and not one of them has any thing close to the body scan/grope process
- there is not a single instance of a US based citizen involved in a terrorist attack. The last time that terrorists boarded planes in the US was 9/11. There was overwhelming evidence of a problem with several of those 9/11 hijackers through the intelligence channels but it was not acted on because the various US intelligence agencies were unwilling to work with one another. All subsequent threats have boarded planes from overseas - where the body scans/pat downs are not employed.

I'm sorry but I think that it is folly to believe that the body scan/pat downs are protecting airplanes. This is but another reason to build a huge (67,000 ) Federal bureaucracy to spend $Bs in response to a perceived crisis but which ends up being a full assault on our 4th Amendment rights. I'm certainly not advocating no security procedures for air travel. What should be happening is work is done with intelligence experts and procedures implemented that can actually can do some good.
2000 Georgie Boy Landau 36' DP
2005 Saturn Vue toad
Old 11-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #56
Picked this one up in an e-mail .. but I think it would work.

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body.
The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system; "Attention, standby passengers! We now have a seat available on flight number..."

Closed Thread