Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #71

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I think they should be looking at where the problem is coming from. Not ever old lady or man. I know it not politically correct but I am for profiling and not wasting time on those that would never cause a problem. Like someone said in a early post I fear the government more now than the terrorist.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #72

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lest anyone think that all of the push back is soley based on Constitutional freedoms, this information is available.

http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2010/05/17/concern.pdf

NPR is not known for slanting the news against the government.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #73

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Duplicate post...sorry
Old 11-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Just saw on the news that political people like harry reid (d NV) does not go through the screening. Now we definitely have two classes of citizens. Them vs us. Wow!
Seems "them" have gone through vetting and are okay.

We have thousands of people who worked at the atomic test site who have been vetted and have high security clearances. Do they get a free pass? Probably not.

Oh well, it was just a thought, on the other hand, Barney Franks is disappointed.
All is well in America.

Kerry
Old 11-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #75

[QUOTE=chasfm11;

NPR is not known for slanting the news against the government.[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious! NPR is on the verge of losing funding as a result of the censorship firing of Juan Williams.

The same infringement of freedom argument could be made against a lot of laws and procedures. In PA motorcycle helmets are optional but seat belts are mandatory. Why should we obey the lawful instructions of a police office when he pats you down? How dare you insist on vaccinating children! They put fluoride in the drinking water too. Don't even start about gun control.

Our motor homes contain all kinds of safety features that have be installed only because the government orders it. CO detectors, smoke alarms, safety glass and on and on. This airport thing is just the latest regulation. Big deal.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #76

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
That's hilarious! NPR is on the verge of losing funding as a result of the censorship firing of Juan Williams.

The same infringement of freedom argument could be made against a lot of laws and procedures. In PA motorcycle helmets are optional but seat belts are mandatory. Why should we obey the lawful instructions of a police office when he pats you down? How dare you insist on vaccinating children! They put fluoride in the drinking water too. Don't even start about gun control.

Our motor homes contain all kinds of safety features that have be installed only because the government orders it. CO detectors, smoke alarms, safety glass and on and on. This airport thing is just the latest regulation. Big deal.
First, Juan Williams comments were not pro-government. Perhaps that is why he was fired because of them. Typically, NPR has a very pro-government slant. I didn't say that they weren't slanted, just that it is rarely against the government.

Call me a purist but there is nothing in the Constitution about motor cycle helmets. There is a 4th Amendment against unlawful search. These pat downs, without any hit of probable cause, seem about as contrary to the spirit and wording of the 4th Amendment as you can get. One of the Congressmen was on a national news broadcast this week, admitting that the body scans and pat downs ARE an infringement of the 4th amendment.

So the government, through the TSA, can suspend the Constitution when it deems necessary for "security" purposes. Others might be OK with that. I am not.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #77

I believe the constitution guards against "unlawful search.." So in the security situation, that is a permitted application of the law. Do you have the freed om to get in the airliner and sit anywhere you choose? Certainly not. The scan is another procedure with which you agree to conform when you purchase a ticket. Get scanned or stay home. I would offer the suggestion that 9/11 and a few bombings is probable cause enough.

I would have a problem if they were coming into peoples homes and ransacking their sock drawer.
How about the New Years sobriety check points along the roads? Is that an invasion of personal freedom?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We live about 1 1/2 hour drive from the airports in Oakland and San Francisco. If I want to fly to Los Angeles I have to leave home at least 3 hours before my scheduled flight time due to driving time and security checkpoints. After arriving in LA I have to wait for my baggage and pick up a rental car. I can usually count on it taking 7 or 8 hours from the time I leave home to arrive at my destination, I can drive my car from home and arrive in the same or less time. Nobody gropes or scans me in my car.

On longer trips I would rather drive the RV and see the USA the way it should be seen.

I will never fly again if I can avoid it.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #79

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy,
Seajay, I'm beginning to suspect Joyce of being a 'special person' and am agonna start 'strip-searching' her every time BEFORE she gets aboard the 'Swinger'.. Well, I would except she has to 'help' me get aboard and it would probably make all of the neighbor women jealous(because she is the best-looking old lady in the county)...
THEY AIN'T AGONNA PAT ME DOWN EITHER, BECAUSE WHEN I GET ON AN AIRPLANE I'M AGONNA BE THE ONE WITH THE CONTROLS..(I WAS TAUGHT BY AN OX5 FLYER,not a pilot, A FLYER, A BARNSTORMER)... I don't trust jet-jocks!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I'm sorry but Rusty JC's point is right on. I fear our Federal government much more than I fear the terrorists on the subject of freedom.
The Federal Government is out of control and has been for a long time.
It is past due that we the poeple put them in their place!
Remember those idiots work for us, they just think otherwise and have been getting away with it!
Americans need to grow there spines back!

As for this,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman
Picked this one up in an e-mail ….. but I think it would work.

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body.
The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system; "Attention, standby passengers! We now have a seat available on flight number..."
I like it! I'm sure we already have the technology to make it happen!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #81

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy Wayne,

The people who think up all of this 'security' only think of the bottom-line and whose brother or brother-in-law can make the most money from it..
Old 11-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If everybody just dropped their drawers and shuffeld through the line I'm sure they would rethink their plan. "But officer I am only trying to make their job easier". How about when they grab your package, you turn your head and cough, in their direction. See if Mr. Sex Pistole likes them apples !!!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #83

A read flag should be raised when some one chooses the pat down over the naked ray. They should then be taken to a private room, strip and cavity searched before boarding. This would make me feel safe.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #84

What has the pat down or scans found? How much is the cost for this? What type of scan or pat down system Israel uses? What type of system will the government use next. Spend anything because China will loan us money! This is more to beware about than anything! Wake up people. Our national security is at rick now more than ever. Maby we should just ask China what do you want us to do next? Then they will give us another loan.
Closed Thread