Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Besides the language request above , we've removed some political posts as they're not allowed here. Thanks for understanding.

My vote is to close this one. What good discussion can come of it. I don't care for him but don't see this as a good topic for the forum. It is going to get close to political in my opinion.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty52k View Post
Excuse me.. But I am Blonde.. Does conflate have anything to do with a football? 😉
Good one!!!

Old 02-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This section is " just conversation " and as such is open to any discussions that don't violate our rules. As long as they stay within our rules and remain civil , they're allowed here.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 02-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Two thing's a person will remember his entire life. First, is the first time he comes under fire, and second is the first time you put the sights on a human being with your finger squeezing the trigger. This man? told a bald face lie. End of discussion.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
Old 02-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
He should be fired. These are the "journalists" who are presenting the "facts" about world events. They have no credibility. I'm disgusted. All of us knew when the Brian Williams of this world showed up in theater they weren't to be trusted and they would never get it right. God bless our military people who truly lay their life on the line everyday. When I think about some of our American' sleeping in a "fighting hole" or in a cramped rack on a tenth month deployment standing six and six, I can not imagine a person like Brian Williams lying to a nation about being even on the same level as these Americans.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #20

Why is this considered politics ?
It's a main stream celebrity who is in the news
Old 02-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Why is this considered politics ?
It's a main stream celebrity who is in the news
It's not. However some posts that were removed were.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 02-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty52k View Post
Excuse me.. But I am Blonde.. Does conflate have anything to do with a football? ��
#conflategate
Old 02-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #23

This is another example of the credibility of the main stream media. How are we to believe much of what is reported?
The MSM tends to sensationalize way too much in the name of ratings, and herein lies the problem. It is a very slippery slope from sensationalizing the news to outright fabrication of the news, and Brian Williams got completely lost on that slope.
My opinion of him is 180 degrees from what it had once been, and considering what he gets paid, I agree with others who think he should be fired.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
This section is " just conversation " and as such is open to any discussions that don't violate our rules. As long as they stay within our rules and remain civil , they're allowed here.
Thank you, Cliff. It's nice to see an administrator who isn't spring loaded to the "Delete the thread, close the thread" position. Too many others on many forums are not as sensible and reasonable.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #25

What amazes me is that someone would make such a claim, knowing that it is going to be "shot down" as soon as the people that were with him heard about it. If he were just another GI in uniform, mixed in with a bunch of other GIs in uniform, well, maybe you could get away with it, but everyone is going to remember the "celeb" that was in a chopper with them when it was hit by a RPG. What was he thinking???

Ken Gasbarri
Old 02-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinedrvr View Post

He may end up joining Peter Arnett and start a new news network....Conflate News Network.
It would definitely have to be a NEW network as none of the others will take him.

Although he may well end up at MSNBC where the worst of the worst hangout and all the losers go to report on lies. They certainly do not report on news there.

Fox News, CNN, ABC, CBS etc. would NOT touch this loser after this debacle.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 02-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #27

Five will get you ten that this will blow over and he will keep his job. Why?? He got the network ratings. Does anyone remember the newsman standing in front of the same wrecked cargo plane for 10 days in a row in Viet Nam? He moved to get a new perspective of it every day. But, the ides was to make viewers think it was a different plane. I think his initials were Walter Cronkite.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Some people start to listen to their own press. When that happens they lose a grip on the truth and how it fits into everyday living.

We see athletes, media, entertainment and polititians all become bigger than life in their own minds. Unfortunately in many cases there is us (the general public) who continue to support and defend them.

Closed Thread