Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bring back the days - - Old time radio

I just figure ya'll need something to do for the rest of the week. Being retired is hard. You never know when you are finished.

Old Time Radio

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #2

My wife asks me "What'd you do all day?" My response, "I don't know, but it takes all day to get er done." Being retired is hard work...

Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wayne, most of the stuff that gets posted about older times, I can easily identify with. I'm happy to say that nothing on the list rang a bell for me. My early childhood days were in Hawaii where we were not as "in tune" with radio (Hawaii was still a territory, not a State then) as the mainland.

I retired last March. I had a list of things to get done in the first year. I'm not 20% complete with that list but have been working hard every day. I've been thinking about getting another job so that I have time to rest up again.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sometimes I don't get started until noon, and then I do it twice.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfm11 View Post
Wayne, most of the stuff that gets posted about older times, I can easily identify with. I'm happy to say that nothing on the list rang a bell for me. My early childhood days were in Hawaii where we were not as "in tune" with radio (Hawaii was still a territory, not a State then) as the mainland.

I retired last March. I had a list of things to get done in the first year. I'm not 20% complete with that list but have been working hard every day. I've been thinking about getting another job so that I have time to rest up again.
Chas, just for you:

Old Time Radio Show #1 – Great Hawaiian Music | John's Old Time Radio Show
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Wayne, thanks for the old time radio link. I've sent that on to a few friends. Very neat.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #7

Before we emigrated to the US in 1968, we had never botherred getting TV in the UK. We got all our entertainment from radio. It was all BBC then, and only four program channels.

After sunset, we could pick up a few European channels. Radio Luxembourg was a pop-music program.

When we got over here, I was disappointed to find that there was only music and news on the radio channels in Seattle - no drama, mystery or similar. Now it's all talk shows - boring as hell, except for classical music on KING FM and CBC Radio 2 (Vancouver BC). We use radio mainly for traffic reports when we head for Seattle and points south.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the post. Lot's of good old shows.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is also an "Internet radio" service, Live-365
Live365 Internet Radio Network - Listen to Free Music, Online Radio

Now before you click the link I will inform you that they do test the apility of your pop up blocker,, Less you subscribe that is.

one of the "Stations" is "old time radio"

There are many others too, some only playable if you subscribe, One is "the space show" and I've been mentioned on it (long story) this show is hosted by a Dr. Livingstion (no less) who is a economist specializing in space industry. When Space Ship One made the second "Money flight" thus winning the X-Prize Dr Livingstion mentioned me. On the first flight he'd commented on the need to keep changing cassettes in his recorder, I told him I'd toss a digital recorder on line and did, within minutes of the show ending I had E-mailed him an MP3.. On the 2nd money flight, he was using the same recorder I did, and credited me with the suggestion.

(I used to do a lot of audio work when my daughter, a Classical musician, was still at home).

You can also get classical music, Celtic, Folk, R&B, Hip Hop, C&W, Easy listening, Christmas pick a decade. and some actual radio stations that stream live.

There is also an app for Android phones.. This one is not as nasty with the pop ups.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you have Sirius XM satellite radio channel 82 has lots of great old radio shows. I listen to all day long on the road.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I just figure ya'll need something to do for the rest of the week. Being retired is hard. You never know when you are finished.

Old Time Radio
Bless you Wayne. What a marvelous collection. I love the old time stuff. Today's kids have no imagination at all. They miss so much.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
If you have Sirius XM satellite radio channel 82 has lots of great old radio shows. I listen to all day long on the road.

Did not know that. Thanks, I will check this out. I have been long trying to figure out who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Okay! Don't shoot me. Here is some information. I feel that whatever you download for your own personal pleasure is not breaking the law when all you have to do is download it.

Now, by download I am not talking about just viewing or listening to it on your computer. I'm talking about saving MP3's, FLV's or any other type of information, and here is how I proceed:

First is Firefox (sorry other users) add on called "Download Helper." You can search and read about it, or just down load it and use it. In many instances it will suffice by itself to save and convert files.

Next is some software for the MAC (sorry PC users, but it's the sad fact) and it is called Jaksta Music Miner and you have to see it work to believe it. great program.

Then there is a web site called Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming, Online Music and here is a LINK to Don Ho which we previously discussed." Download helper by itself will not work, but Music Miner does.

Now we all know that YouTube has tons of video's and many are music video's. There are two ways of downloading and saving the FLV video's. One is through Music Miner, and the other is just the MP3 portion of a FLV file.

This web site, youtub-mp3 dot org will tel you all you need to know on how to convert an FLV to MP3. It is self explanatory for converting stripping FLV to mp3.

Until someone in real authoritative places says this is illegal, I don't believe it presently is. All the web sites are of US origin. Use them while they are available.

========
The short of it: Open Music Miner and set your preferences. Leave it open.
Open Groove shark and play a song, it will automatically be saved to your preference selections.

Open an FLV video. It will automatically be saved to your preference location.

There are other files and converters out there that are free. KIGO comes to mind, and also Extract mp3

Life is good, being retired gives all my friends that live in the computer time to play.

Happy trails.

p.s., you will be surprised how fast Music Miner converts and saves songs.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Did not know that. Thanks, I will check this out. I have been long trying to figure out who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

ronspradley
The Shadow is there, also the Whistler and others of that ilk.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio