Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Parking motorcycles in spaces designated or rv's is like parking a new car diagonally in a regular parking space taking up three parking spaces. What the owner is say is my car is better than yours so that gives me the license to take your parking place and somebody else's. A misplaced sense of entitlement.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Parking motorcycles in spaces designated or rv's is like parking a new car diagonally in a regular parking space taking up three parking spaces. What the owner is say is my car is better than yours so that gives me the license to take your parking place and somebody else's. A misplaced sense of entitlement.
This is when you call up a buddy to come shopping with you, and you both park on either side of the car in question

I've never done it, but I've known people who have lol.

On a side note, while I don't support it, I will play devils advocate about the motorcycles. I've known many people who had motorcycles, who have gone off about how some idiot pulled into the spot their bike was in without looking first, and at minimum bumped the bike, and at worst, cause a lot of damage to the bike.

People in cars often don't pay attention to what is in front of them (take that topic on the kid texting while driving for example). They drive into the parking lot, see what looks like an open spot, and zoom right into it without hesitation. In those nice, big rv spots, their bikes are easily noticed and avoided.
SyrenSkywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Why that's not rude at all, as FJ has invited diesel RV's to use the truck lanes.
I must have missed my invitation from FJ to use the truck lanes. Perhaps those people who have so rudely parked their cars in the CB and other RV lanes also were invited to park there, except that you and I and other people failed to be aware of that invitation.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree, there is no need to use the RV lanes because of the poor service and food quality...Stopped going there at least 5-6 years ago....

If your in PA. try Hoss's restaurant (locations thru-out PA. ) Great service and fresh food at a good price point.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The idiots that drive only cars and never driven a larger vehicle like a motorhome or pulled a larger trailer do not have a clue as to what the issues are with fueling. All they are concerned about is their immediate needs and no one else.

Yesterday we fueled just the truck and there were only diesel pumps on the two outer end pumps ...a total of 10 or 12 double fuel stations 20 to 24 pumps. As we pulled up to the open diesel pump, a fellow in a Jeep backs his little POS up to the pump. I thought Oh well, he won't take too long as his tank can't be that big. He sat there and sat there and never got out. Finally he gets out and heads up to the store. having had enough, I tooted the horn, got his attention and told him, I had been there waiting to get to the diesel pump and he was blocking the pump...could he please move as he had many more choices to fuel ...like the one behind me that was gasoline only. I was about 3' behind his POS with the nice old 7.3L rattling away. The 1 ton crew cab dually with a cap over the back looks like an excursion on steroids. he said he had just come from the other end and had to move for a diesel to fuel. you would think he would eventually get the message.

I paid with a credit card at the pump and he had pulled up to the pump behind me, gone inside and as I finished fueling..$100.00 worth of diesel, he comes walking back out to start fueling his.....NOT a clue and this fellow was probably 50 and a typical east Texas Red Neck.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote