Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thumbs down Bus/RV slots at Cracker Barrel

What's up with the small vehicles parking in those spots? Can't they read?!?!?

On the way home from a trip today, mid-afternoon BTW, we swung into a CB only to find those spots taken by a couple of motorcycles, a compact car & a 1/2t truck. There were at least a dozen parking spaces available in the rest of the parking lot they could've pulled into. I SO wanted to run over all of them just to teach them a lesson.

So CB lost out on getting our business - I went home & ate a bologna sandwich. Sure, I'll bet it was only about $25 worth of a sale & probably a drop in the bucket for the business they did do, so maybe they don't care. I just wonder how many other RV-r's have bypassed CB because of the inconsiderate jerks who park in spots where they don't belong.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
We just park at the far edge of the lot. Nineteen feet of pickup truck and thirty feet of fifth-wheel trailer won't fit in an RV slot anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gave up on RV parking at C.B. a long time ago.

The few spots they have are small and are taken by cars.

Advertising RV parking is just a gimmick they use to get you into their place.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #4

IMHO Cracker Barrel is not worth stopping at any way. The food is barely adequet and the service leaves much to be desired. To top it all off the parking lots are too tight.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
..........We also have found the entrance to most CB's are rather tricky especially if your over 40' with the toad. Food will always be same, just good country eating especially when your hungry. Travel safe,
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
What's up with the small vehicles parking in those spots? Can't they read?!?!?Lori-
IMHO, it's either arrogance, ignorance, ambilivence or any combination.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #7

I have been to several CB's during prime meal time and the only spots available were marked for RV's. These are not like legally reserved handicapped spaces in that if no other space is available then anyone can park there. I totally agree that if there were spaces available it would be rude to take an rv spot. CB is atleast making an effort to accomodate RV'ers.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
In our humble opinion CB has gone down hill as a lot of other businesses have. They have cut back on things that were always offered and now you must ask for. The service has fallen as they have not replaced help,cut back on wait staff and it takes you longer to get in and out which means longer wait time, the parking has always been a big problem.
The DW who would never pass a CB, now will go down the road to almost any other place except McDonald's or Burger King to eat.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We lay over at CB regularly on our trips south and home again. That being said, we have never found an RV site that we could manuver into or fit into. We always pull around back. The scenery is usually better as is the traffic. Sometimes we eat in sonetimes we don't.
We always check in with the staff to tell them were we are and when we will be leaving. Last thing you want is to be beside the freight door when the supply truck pulls up at 4 o'clock in the morning. Been there done that.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
We seldom use the RV spots at CB. They are usually too short for our RV and Toad. Where possible and practical we park on the ''in road'' if it is wide enough and is not posted ''NO Parking''. Willa is always amazed at how I can maneuver the coach and toad thru their parking lot to turn around without backing up when we leave. We like CB. It is a ''reliable place to eat''.... The roast beef dinner is to die for. IMHO......

[Moderator Edit]
Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #11
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I have had the same problem a few times with other then RV/Bus being parked in the RV/Bus spots with plenty of empty spots! If there was another area I could park with no trouble or getting blocked in I would use it! A couple of times there were no good places for me to park so I stoped out front and went in and talked with the manger, both times they came out wrote down license plates and had the folks come out and move to regular spots! I sent a nice letter to CB, and let them know what good mangers they had at those two places! I can't remember which ones they were now but was not the same place or same state!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #12
edj

The biggest problem with RV parking spots is that people are basically LAZY and sometimes STUPID. You see the same thing at rest areas where cars drive into the truck/RV parking area and park there little 4-wheeler in a spot that a semi would fit easily. There may be other parking spots available, but if they are 20 feet further away, they won't park there; they take the RV spot.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #13

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:

On the way home from a trip today, mid-afternoon BTW, we swung into a CB only to find those spots taken by a couple of motorcycles, a compact car & a 1/2t truck. There were at least a dozen parking spaces available in the rest of the parking lot they could've pulled into.
Lori-
We've seen a similar uptick in that behavior at rest areas on the interstates. We'll pull into the truck/RV area, spot the single remaining space only to find out a 4-wheeler has parked there, with many empty spaces remaining over on the car side.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #14

Quote:

On the way home from a trip today, mid-afternoon BTW, we swung into a CB only to find those spots taken by a couple of motorcycles, a compact car & a 1/2t truck. There were at least a dozen parking spaces available in the rest of the parking lot they could've pulled into. I SO wanted to run over all of them just to teach them a lesson.

So CB lost out on getting our business - I went home & ate a bologna sandwich. Sure, I'll bet it was only about $25 worth of a sale & probably a drop in the bucket for the business they did do, so maybe they don't care. I just wonder how many other RV-r's have bypassed CB because of the inconsiderate jerks who park in spots where they don't belong.
Lori-
It's not only CB but most places as well. The last 2 Flying-J's we stopped at had no RV spots because of cars in them and there were car spaces available all over the place. We stopped at a Texaco to fuel up because they had an RV lane with gas and diesel. Guess who was using both sides?

Some people are just ignorant...