Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
The 1st time I busted mine in the 70's, they made me wear an elastic band. The last time 3 years ago, they told me they no longer do that because it can cause pneumonia, from not taking deep breaths.

Scotty and Kristen, Airedales Dagny and Wyatt
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4528, 450 HP ISM, Allison 4000, 8 Trojan T-105's
2014 F150 4x4 Crew Cab Platinum 157" WB
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
I cracked two in a training exercise with the ski patrol. Took about a year before they felt really good.

Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #17
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Those ribs can really cause some pain when mistreated. Never broke a rib, but did have the cartilage separate between the ribs, boy was that painful. slept sitting up for a week. My brother decided that was a good time to take the DW and I out to a new movie that just came out, it was "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines. Hardly I minute in that movie when you're not laughing. Oh the pain!

2006 Sea Breeze LX 8341 on a Workhorse W22 Chassis with 22.5 Alcoa Alum wheels,
2011 Chevy Colorado 4X4 with Ready Brake
Glenn and Kathy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #18
Cracked two ribs several years ago falling on a tree I was cutting up with a chain saw... The pain was ,,, well, you know... Best wishes for a speedy recovery !!!
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:25 AM   #19
Thor Owners Club
Thanks..... Update

Beamis... & Friends... Doing much better!! Oh the first couple weeks were the pits!! I NEVER sleep on my back! For one thing I can not breath. I will snore and wake up normally right away from choking. And thus I never sleep in a chair unless I am dead tired but then the breathing thing starts again so you can imagine my deepest desire to get back in bed and sleep on my side or stomach. So for over two weeks I was in a Recliner!.

Fortunately, my wife and I just purchesed new Power Recliners so getting in and out was not too bad and if I took dope the Dr gave me I managed to sleep more than 20 mins at a time. But you keep thinking what the Doctor said: It will be at least 4 weeks before I could get back in bed. Well after 2 1/2 weeks I was ready to at least try and sleep with my wife again. I missed her companionship so much! I rigged up a long strap over the footrest of the bed to help lower and pull me up along with using my walking stick I kept by the bed side. DW wanted to help me but the PT folks told me I had to be able to do this on my own. The first week was a challenge but after that I could get in and out pretty well. And after another few days I was finally able to sleep partially on my side with the aid of a pillow. About a week after that I am finally able to sleep on my stomach again.

I am at a point it is not on my mind all the time as I am pretty much pain free and I can sneeze or cough again!! My lung capacity on that breathing apparatus thing is at 3500 and they told me a man at my age should be at 3000 so I praise the Lord for that!!! I am well on my way to a full recovery.

I ready Scotties story about his adventure and then having to pull start a snow mobile to get back to base. Boy oh boy I would have had to have Jesus help me with that as I tell you that injury left me with the most pain and difficulty breathing I have ever had. I see my tennis rackets now and thinking of that next game. someday.... I tell myself... someday.... cheers!! Jim
06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Glad to hear your are on the mend. You will be able to return to normal activities, including tennis, but the tenderness will hang in there for a while. The thought of taking another shot in the ribs may make you a little tentative, at least it did for me. Makes you appreciate those football players that play with broken or bruised ribs. Nothing a little shot of Toradol can't overcome.

Scotty and Kristen, Airedales Dagny and Wyatt
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4528, 450 HP ISM, Allison 4000, 8 Trojan T-105's
2014 F150 4x4 Crew Cab Platinum 157" WB
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote