Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mike and Susan Send a message via Yahoo to Mike and Susan
Camco toilet paper warning

On our way to Alaska and had to restock on toilet paper couldn't find our normal brand so we had to get a different brand. Wow won't do that again after dumping after 4 days of use like normal we had a 100% block in the line. Camco toilet paper never broke down we had a 3' toilet paper log
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 12:33 AM   #2

Never had any issues with using Northern or whatever brand Sam's/Costco sells in 30 years of dumping tanks. And never use any additives.
AudiDudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #3

IMO all the hoopla about RV toilet paper is total bunk. In all the years I have owned campers, 40 plus, I have tried RV paper only twice. Junk IMO! I'd rather use sandpaper than the specialty paper. At least my fingers wouldn't puncture it. If any toilet paper won't flow through an opening as large as the dump opening it is due to operator error rather than the paper itself.
Dump the tank, refill it and dump it again to rinse it out. Use plenty of water each time you do a job requiring paper. When the tank is 3/4 full or less fill the tank to it's capacity and pull the handle. It doesn't matter how many days you travel or use the toilet. Watch the gauge and act accordingly.
Lynn
Old 06-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
IMO all the hoopla about RV toilet paper is total bunk. In all the years I have owned campers, 40 plus, I have tried RV paper only twice. Junk IMO! I'd rather use sandpaper than the specialty paper.
Lynn
We are in agreement. Never an issue with the tissue
AudiDudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you will separate the TP at the perforations or every other perforation it will be much less likely to cause a clog. It doesn't matter how tall you make the stack you use, just having it not be one long rope makes it break down faster in the black tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:13 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
If you will separate the TP at the perforations or every other perforation it will be much less likely to cause a clog. It doesn't matter how tall you make the stack you use, just having it not be one long rope makes it break down faster in the black tank.
This is a joke right?

Just use lots and lots of water.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:01 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Mike and Susan Send a message via Yahoo to Mike and Susan
well seeing no one else has had a problem im just going to blame my wife. lmao
Old 06-22-2017, 08:54 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Susan View Post
On our way to Alaska and had to restock on toilet paper couldn't find our normal brand so we had to get a different brand. Wow won't do that again after dumping after 4 days of use like normal we had a 100% block in the line. Camco toilet paper never broke down we had a 3' toilet paper log
We never buy "RV Toilet Paper" but purchase "septic safe" tissue instead and we've not had any problems.

Many TB related issues are due to a lack of sufficient water being used during the flush and during the emptying of the black tank.

With some RV piping configurations, if enough water is not used during the flush, TP will sit in the piping and build up there rather than make its way into the black tank where it would be sloshed around and break-up. We had this problem until we got the right amount of flush water dialed in and no issues since. A pitcher of water (waste from our shower) being dumped down the open toilet drain occasionally help to ensure any trapped solids get fuly flushed through to the black tank.

The other issue is with the black tank empty and insufficient water. your black should only be emptied when it is more than 1/2 full and if that does not occur naturally, add water before you drain. this ensures there is sufficient flow to draw the solids out. You should also flush your tank well every second or third dump to ensure everything is flushed.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #9

We've never had a problem using Angel Soft.
SteveW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Susan View Post
well seeing no one else has had a problem im just going to blame my wife. lmao
I see you have only been married a few days huh?
Old 06-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
IMO all the hoopla about RV toilet paper is total bunk. In all the years I have owned campers, 40 plus, I have tried RV paper only twice. Junk IMO! I'd rather use sandpaper than the specialty paper. At least my fingers wouldn't puncture it. If any toilet paper won't flow through an opening as large as the dump opening it is due to operator error rather than the paper itself.
Dump the tank, refill it and dump it again to rinse it out. Use plenty of water each time you do a job requiring paper. When the tank is 3/4 full or less fill the tank to it's capacity and pull the handle. It doesn't matter how many days you travel or use the toilet. Watch the gauge and act accordingly.
Lynn
100%. We use Happy Campers powder but the key is using LOTS of water, never dump the tank with less than half full, buy whatever TP is on sale and you'll be fine.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
nothern quilted, angel soft, etc....never had any issue...
lack of water yes.
always have filled bowl at least 3/4 to make the deposit fall fast and hopefully go in all directions when it hits the tank.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:55 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
We never use RV paper. We have been using Costco brand in the RV and the home. Never had a clog. Plus it's cheap and soft.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
This is a joke right?

Just use lots and lots of water.
Hahaha. I was thinking the exact same thing.

x10 on the theory of using any toilet paper you want to use and lots of water.

We are just getting used to the toilet in the Adventurer. It doesn't use much water and there is no separate water fill valve. As far as toilets go I like it a lot but wish it used a little more water with each flush.

So now that we got that out of the way......... Hows the weather out there.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet