Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #183

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
We have often discussed moving to a more rural setting where we can build an RV garage and do as we please. Maybe after the hubby retires we'll get serious about it.

I'm afraid that I'm a home-body. I love to travel, but I LOVE to come home. It's nice having the best of both worlds... except for the HOA.
Sarah,

Check out this thread Another Camping Trip and check out the second post. Someday \i have to write what she and \i did to antagonize one another. I hjad way too much fun driving the lady crazy.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #184

Monaco Owners Club
Nice to know we're not alone. We thought we were the only wacky people that would take our beverages out in the evening and hang out in the RV in the driveway and just shoot the breeze and enjoy the surroundings.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #185
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Sarah,

Check out this thread Another Camping Trip and check out the second post. Someday \i have to write what she and \i did to antagonize one another. I hjad way too much fun driving the lady crazy.
HAHA!! Love it, Dennis! I'll copy your post here for the enjoyment of other HOA rebels...

Quote:
Someday I'll regail you all with stories of the "Clipboard Queen" who was the Nazi Rule Enforcer at our condominium when we lived in Victoria. I drove her crazy because one time she was getting neurotic about my having my delivery trailer in the front entrance loop while I went in for lunch. She was nattering that the rules forbade an owner to park a vehicle and trailer in the entrance loop. I asked her if it was OK to park just my truck and she said yes. I started up and pulled ahead cut hard and backed the trailer onto the lawn. I turned the truck off and said "I always try to stick to the rules." She went ballistic and was screaming that I couldn't park my trailer on the lawn. I asked here where the rules started that and went in to eat.

<snip>
Dennis
Old 04-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #186
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Nice to know we're not alone. We thought we were the only wacky people that would take our beverages out in the evening and hang out in the RV in the driveway and just shoot the breeze and enjoy the surroundings.
My neighbor parks his TT on his driveway, then sets up the BBQ grill and kicks back. We are all camping rebels on this street.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #187

When I was married to my first wife we fought alot. I had this old mh that needed some work. The roof had leaked and the ceiling needed painting. So I got this little 1 inch paint brush and pained it. It took 2 months of weekends to get it done. That was my man cave. Put the tv on the channel I wanted. had a few beers. Did what I wanted to do. The kids would come help me until they got bored then we would go play in the yard for while. That was the best summer ever. The kids and I doing our thing. Mrs grump staying in the house. Found out later she was having an affair and spent most of her time alone texting her bf.

Another camping in the drive way story was a couple winters ago after I married my second and current wife the power was out for several days after a major blizzard and the farm generator burned up.
My brother and his family made it to our house. They lived a 1/4 mile away and were out of power also. It stay pretty warm in the house with all people staying here but The only place to cook was in the mh. I usually filled the gas tank in the fall but that year I didnt. My brother and I would go out and run the engine just long enough to warm it up and cook our meals every day. If I had filled the tank we could have at least ran the generator and cord to house and had some power. Luckily the propane tank was full. That was an interesting time none of us will ever forget.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #188

Forest River Owners Club
Can't Camp in Driveway

I apologize in advance for this rant.

Finally had decent weather yesterday so thought I would attempt to dewinterize my new, bigger TT. We live on a narrow private road and need to negotiate a tight turn into the driveway. I knew it would be a challenge to make it in there. Well, spent all morning clearing brush and after the umpteenth try to turn in without going in the ditch, I had to give up.

So now I'm contemplating moving up the new driveway work way up in the priority list. It would require an 8 foot high retaining wall, hundreds of cubic yards of fill, and 110' of road surfacing. Oh well, its either that or move and DW refuses to move!

Rant over.
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #189
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
I apologize in advance for this rant.

Finally had decent weather yesterday so thought I would attempt to dewinterize my new, bigger TT. We live on a narrow private road and need to negotiate a tight turn into the driveway. I knew it would be a challenge to make it in there. Well, spent all morning clearing brush and after the umpteenth try to turn in without going in the ditch, I had to give up.

So now I'm contemplating moving up the new driveway work way up in the priority list. It would require an 8 foot high retaining wall, hundreds of cubic yards of fill, and 110' of road surfacing. Oh well, its either that or move and DW refuses to move!

Rant over.
Hmmmm. So then, I guess you are not "campin' in the driveway??" (Sorry!!)
Old 04-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #190

Quote:
Oh, how I despise living in a deed-restricted subdivision. With no trip in the near future and the coach 10 miles across town in storage, I'm in withdrawal. I told my hubby that we are going to go get the moho this weekend and park it in the driveway so that I can sit inside and calm down.

If the HOA sends me a letter, I shall place it in File 13 and get on with my life. How I envy those of you who have complete access to your RV, there on your own property. Sigh.

Despise is a very strong word.
Any other issues besides camping in your yard?
Soon it'll be time for a dip in the cement pond.
Why did you buy there?
Old 04-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #191
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
Despise is a very strong word.
Any other issues besides camping in your yard?
Soon it'll be time for a dip in the cement pond.
Why did you buy there?
Yeah, "despise" was more of a "for dramatic effect" expression. We bought here 20 years ago, so I can't remember why except it was a nice house in a good school district. Now it's paid for and we are too lazy to move.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #192

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Hmmmm. So then, I guess you are not "campin' in the driveway??" (Sorry!!)
No camping in the existing driveway! Another thing I didn't mention above is we live on a hillside and the present driveway has a 15 degree slope. I have been dreaming of a new driveway since we bought the place but now I have some ammunition to plead my case to the DW.

At least we don't have a HOA to deal with!
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #193
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
At least we don't have a HOA to deal with!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #194

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hit 'im agin, hit 'im agin!!!!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #195

Quote:
Yeah, "despise" was more of a "for dramatic effect" expression. We bought here 20 years ago, so I can't remember why except it was a nice house in a good school district. Now it's paid for and we are too lazy to move.
Sarah..... We are in your neighborhood situation.... Love our s/b home, cause i have a huge art studio, but wish we had the MH right here. But we bought our home before the mh....... Our hoa has sent us a few emails........ Had one former neighbor even call police on our mh in the street.... ( Drive too steep, so park it and load it from the street).. The police were nice, no law against it, just hoa..... Lol... Now they leave us alone for the most part. Ours was stored a 20 minute drive away. Now have a new storage 3 miles away. Much better.... Been taking lunch over to DH each day for picnic, as he is putting new flooring in.... But like to just go and sit.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #196
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hit 'im agin, hit 'im agin!!!!
Dang; now's he's got that scary avatar. Ooooooo.